Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

I hope Jones responds with an enthusiastic "PLAYED POKER IN COLLEGE THANKS MAN!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ariza posted:

This is the motherfucking internet. Until he cries about it and posts a thousand apology tweets, we hate him for having different opinions as a kid.

Beating the poo poo out of random people on the street isn't an opinion.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
This was before MMA gyms in Sweden, there wasn't any other alternative.

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo

NippleFloss posted:

Beating the poo poo out of random people on the street isn't an opinion.

He had the opinion that some people should get beat up on the street. Randomly.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Well he had to get the nickname some way.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I hope Jones goes on your instagram and calls you homophobic slurs. Then says his phone was hacked. Then posts a selfie while hacked.

Jon Jones is the worst.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Alexander "världsstjärna heep hop! världsstjäääääääääärna!!!" Gustaffson

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Does Jon Jones have a single redeeming feature in regards to his personality?
I'd make a poll, but I don't think he likes those.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
He likes Chael Sonnen so there's a floor there somewhere.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He likes Chael Sonnen so there's a floor there somewhere.

He only likes Chael because he made a lot of money on their fight.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Wanderlei appears to be legitimately mad at Chael for making him money so don't underestimate how stupid fighters may be.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

K8.0 posted:

Wanderlei appears to be legitimately mad at Chael for making him money so don't underestimate how stupid fighters may be.

We'll have to wait until after the fight to see how mad he actually is. It'll be a pretty amazing wet blanket if they have a post-fight "I respect you bro" hug.

Jones beat up that purse snatcher one time, so that was a cool thing.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Trast posted:

He only likes Chael because he made a lot of money on their fight.

I dunno, I think Chael might be the closest thing Jones has to a friend. Especially after that time Chael was telling him about how he had to see a sports shrink and Jones looked like it was the first time anyone had ever had a conversation with him.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

vainman posted:

Jones beat up that purse snatcher one time, so that was a cool thing.

Actually, he probably just saw a guy with a purse and assumed he was gay

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Joe Lauzon just posted this article on his tumblr with the following commentary:

Joe Lownzon

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

vainman posted:

AHahahahahhahahaa

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's funny that Meltzer has been interviewing people for decades or whatever and still doesn't know that you shouldn't continuously talk over your guests while they're answering your previous question

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

vainman posted:

loving lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jon Jones is proof that the Boliever gimmick isn't going to work in the big leagues.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

MassRafTer posted:

Jon Jones is proof that the Boliever gimmick isn't going to work in the big leagues.

You just gotta wait and see

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

vainman posted:

Nice.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

vainman posted:

I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

Bell the Cat
Apr 5, 2004

Dirty pool old man. I like it.

vainman posted:

Lol. I needed that, thank you.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Silva vs Diaz makes a lot of sense imo.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

See? Wanderlei's just hamming it up.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Balthesar posted:

See? Wanderlei's just hamming it up.

Wandi's face would make even a mother turn away and say gently caress.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
In other new, Anthony Johnson is loving Dead.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/1/5671640/fabio-maldonado-eyes-return-against-anthony-johnson

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I want to see this real bad. It's conceivably winnable for Maldonado

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I love the Iron Hillbilly as much as the next PSPoster, but if I had to lay money on how that match is gonna go it'd be on Johnson wrestling the poo poo out of him for the first two rounds, gassing bad in the third but not bad enough to get stopped, and winning 29-28.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
This will be the best fight in the history of the sport.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Ariza posted:

I am unreasonably excited for this fight

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I was actually hoping for Nelson vs. Overeem, that to me is a more weirdly compelling and competitive fight and will be a good test for if the Mir fight was fluky or if Overeem magically learned how to pace himself and go a full fight without wilting. Nelson vs. Hunt will be really cool though just because that's almost a guaranteed Hunt win. In fact I'd be willing to bet Hunt gets a knockout.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Ariza posted:

This would be some good violence

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

I predict that I will not be able to predict the outcome of this fight correctly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Joe Silva continues to bait the BJJ expert out of Roy. I'm starting to think Roy is two different people. As in two people who show up to fight in alternating order, not two people trapped inside a bag made of meat.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Ariza posted:

When I got UFC 3 for xbox the first thing I did was pick Roy Nelson and go online into pride mode with the simulation setting on (less arcadey you actually gas out). My first opponent was some guy playing as Mark Hunt. There was a lot of haymakers, bad grappling, and serious gassing. I forget who won but I'm glad this is about to be realized in real life.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 2, 2014

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Aurain posted:

Does Jon Jones have a single redeeming feature in regards to his personality?
I'd make a poll, but I don't think he likes those.

Occasionally he'll say something slightly amusing and we'll get a flood of posts "I'm turning the corner on Jon Jones!" because somehow it redeems what a steaming turd he has consistently been.

Also not liking Gus for being a violent thug and causing GBH is a pretty valid reason. I still hope he wins.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Neurosis posted:

Also not liking Gus for being a violent thug and causing GBH is a pretty valid reason. I still hope he wins.

I want him to cause grievous bodily harm on jon "bones" jones. again.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

fatherdog posted:

I love the Iron Hillbilly as much as the next PSPoster, but if I had to lay money on how that match is gonna go it'd be on Johnson wrestling the poo poo out of him for the first two rounds, gassing bad in the third but not bad enough to get stopped, and winning 29-28.

I don't see Maldonado winning that fight either, but I have to wonder if anybody in the sport has more balls. He lobbied the UFC to get that hideous beating from Glover, and according to that article he was asking for Hendo, couldn't get it, but is willing to settle for Rumble as he's coming off an impressive domination of Phil Davis.

Bluedeanie posted:

In fact I'd be willing to bet Hunt gets a knockout.

It's destructive testing on Roy Nelson's skull, really. We have to see if his chin is actually magic. If Mark Hunt fails to KO him, Nelson's next fight will be Joe Silva shoving him in front of a speeding bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Do you know what I was thinking about after I ate my chicken souvlaki in my car today? I'm really glad Nick the Tooth isn't around anymore.

• Locked thread