Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

poopkitty posted:

So no Bill O'Reilly then? Asking for a friend.

No, he's too far to the left.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Seqenenra posted:

No, he's too far to the left.

Countersnipe!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

USMC503 posted:

Countersnipe!

Hit

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

It was a civilian! Stand Down and report back!

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

Regardless, I felt that they asked the right questions. It took me 15 minutes, and I felt a little better after answering the survey. No :effort: required.

You should do it. :colbert:

You should stop being broken and buying mail in Russian wives. Hey Phil.

Drunk post.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

PneumonicBook posted:

You should stop being broken and buying mail in Russian wives.

Drunk post.

I am also drunk. Getting drunker. Drunk is grate. Who the gently caress calls themselves PneumaticBook on my shift thaetty gay. You must be either Eric, Nick, Sam, or maybe Derick Number 1. Possibly number 2, as he is always full of poo poo (haha hahah hahaha) but I digress.

Edit: poo poo you FC. Wanna swap shifts, shipmate?

A Bad King fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 4, 2014

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

quote:

americans are so ignorant that they think the usa is a powerful country. usa bellogs to the brits 100%, and are the poppets of the UK with their negro poppet slave in the white house!

Well, he's got us there.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

at the date posted:

Well, he's got us there.

Irrefutable proof of our inferiority.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I don't have any coffee. Post your condolences now.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

at the date posted:

Well, he's got us there.

I had no idea that russia was run by the republican party.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

ded posted:

I had no idea that russia was run by the republican party.

Maybe the Republican Party is run by the Russians! :tinfoil:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

I'm sorry you have allowed your life to get this bad.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Tell us what you did, so that we may not repeat your mistake.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Gunktacular posted:

Tell us what you did, so that we may not repeat your mistake.

I failed to donate :5bux: to the shift's coffee mess. :coffee:

poopkitty posted:

I'm sorry you have allowed your life to get this bad.

I also plan to reenlist. :frogout:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

I also plan to reenlist. :frogout:

I just did that, but it's so I can :frogout: with a pension in two years and 15 days. Mmmm, boy this coffee is delish.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Laranzu posted:

It was a civilian! Stand Down and report back!

I'm fleet reserve so it still counts.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
So they messed up my orders again while trying to fix the unit I drill with, so it seems like it'll be another month until I actually drill. So it's been like 3 months since I've done anything for the Navy. Cool beans.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

squarerandom posted:

So they messed up my orders again while trying to fix the unit I drill with, so it seems like it'll be another month until I actually drill. So it's been like 3 months since I've done anything for the Navy. Cool beans.

I hope they start another war so that the reservists can return to active duty.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I've had my fingers crossed that the Argentinians will trigger NATO action somehow.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

All the non-prior active duty reservists want nothing more than to be active and deploy whereas the prior want nothing more than cheap insurance and beer money.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nick Soapdish posted:

All the non-prior active duty reservists want nothing more than to be active and deploy whereas the prior want nothing more than cheap insurance and beer money.

The occasional summer vacation in Naples or such is pretty nice too.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've had my fingers crossed that the Argentinians will trigger NATO action somehow.

I've been hoping for another cool rendition of The Falklands.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Return? Lol I'm NAT I haven't done poo poo

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

I've been praying for a deployment with the Marines forever, but even reservists would get deployed before me :smith:

edit: Awwwww Poopkitty <3 <3 <3

Pandasmores fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 7, 2014

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

I've been praying for a deployment with the Marines forever, but even reservists would get deployed before me :smith:

I hope you get deployed, Panda.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Pandasmores posted:

I, too, wanted to deploy with my command but I was told I was mission essential doing 3M and when they listed personnel they were willing to deploy I was pretty much on the bottom of the list. :(

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Nick Soapdish posted:

Relatively soon to be reservist and I'm really looking forward to that beer money.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Or you could get a good job and not have to remain an enlisted piece of poo poo just so you can afford a 6 pack of high life.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Well yeah, but I think I'm going to have a lot of difficulty finding a job that's willing to let me be absent for two years while I go to school full-time. Also insurance.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Boon posted:

Well yeah, but I think I'm going to have a lot of difficulty finding a job that's willing to let me be absent for two years while I go to school full-time. Also insurance.

I'm just bustin chops. If I hadn't already had a degree when I got out I would have just gone back to school and lived the good life, probably in the reserves. Now I need to work on a master's while working. my free time :negative:

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Now I need to work on a master's while working. my free time :negative:

Imagine still being active duty, working full time in your personal hell...

And taking 4-5 classes per semester.

This is my life. Save me.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Imagine still being active duty, working full time in your personal hell...

And taking 4-5 classes per semester.

This is my life. Save me.

How do you think I got my degree while I was enlisted :ssh:

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

She'll tear, YOUR SOUL, apart!
I've been told that there's a relatively small, if not possible chance that I can weasel an IT cert out of my next command, assuming I can get in good with their Traino, so here's hoping. My first IDB with my new command is going to outline *specifically* what I plan on doing in the next 2 years, and now that i'm not a baby sailor I don't have to let the CMC tell me "What you want out of life doesn't matter" and accept it.

Hopefully I can at least accomplish a few credit hours or at least a certificate. If 7th Fleet taught me anything it's that doing anything BUT is impossible. I'll have to see I guess.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

working full time

Ahahaha, that's rich. Maybe working full time on malingering.

I was thinking of fall back plans for when I get out of this terrible service that lets guys like sketches one day become lpos, and I thought hey, I could always get a job teaching at a C school or something. Any of you know anyone working at a navy training command in a civilian capacity? I'd ask around here but all of the civilian instructors at good old great lakes are retired thirty year gm chiefs so I try not to talk to them if I can help it.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

TrialbyStone posted:

I've been told that there's a relatively small, if not possible chance that I can weasel an IT cert out of my next command, assuming I can get in good with their Traino, so here's hoping. My first IDB with my new command is going to outline *specifically* what I plan on doing in the next 2 years, and now that i'm not a baby sailor I don't have to let the CMC tell me "What you want out of life doesn't matter" and accept it.

Hopefully I can at least accomplish a few credit hours or at least a certificate. If 7th Fleet taught me anything it's that doing anything BUT is impossible. I'll have to see I guess.

Double posting because I'm on my phone and am incredibly lazy; you can always do US maps, but I'm not entirely sure how useful the piece of paper you get from that is, also don't forget about navy COOL. Obviously both of those are somewhat rate dependant, i.e. don't expect the navy to pay for an IT cert if you're a GSM.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

PneumonicBook posted:

Ahahaha, that's rich. Maybe working full time on malingering.

I was thinking of fall back plans for when I get out of this terrible service that lets guys like sketches one day become lpos, and I thought hey, I could always get a job teaching at a C school or something. Any of you know anyone working at a navy training command in a civilian capacity? I'd ask around here but all of the civilian instructors at good old great lakes are retired thirty year gm chiefs so I try not to talk to them if I can help it.

It's me. I'm the civilian working as an instructor at an a school. I got out as a lowly 2nd class after 5 years so maybe I'm more approachable? Also Vriess (spelling?) works here, too.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

PneumonicBook posted:

Double posting because I'm on my phone and am incredibly lazy; you can always do US maps, but I'm not entirely sure how useful the piece of paper you get from that is, also don't forget about navy COOL. Obviously both of those are somewhat rate dependant, i.e. don't expect the navy to pay for an IT cert if you're a GSM.

Nah, Navy COOL only pays if you're in the rating and you've been doing the gig in some capacity for a while. It's just a matter of your chain of command deciding what they want to do with it I figure. Mine was stopped in the process almost a month ago because they wanted to count this PRT as the most recent rather than the last one that happened, so now I'm just sitting here waiting for a CDR to sign off on it before it gets to the actual EDTRA officer.

Some places also provide a military discount in certification, I can get my level 2 cert at a discount of like 1/3 of the original price so that's great.

Now to just find the energy out of a slump to get into a class and apply for TA, yet another chit to be lost or held onto with a command scrutinizing every dime going into it. Found out one of the first classes would just shred old chits if she forgot about them or they got lost on her desk because she lost track of things easily.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Pandasmores posted:

Now to just find the energy out of a slump to get into a class and apply for TA, yet another chit to be lost or held onto with a command scrutinizing every dime going into it. Found out one of the first classes would just shred old chits if she forgot about them or they got lost on her desk because she lost track of things easily.

The command pays nothing for TA, and the chit is routed through email directly to your CO. I think.

Don't stress. TA is one of those things that only the service member applying could actually screw up.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

The command pays nothing for TA, and the chit is routed through email directly to your CO. I think.

Don't stress. TA is one of those things that only the service member applying could actually screw up.

Not here. They have us route it up through our LPO, LCPO, SEL, DH, Watchbill Coordinator and then to the EDTRA officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

PneumonicBook posted:

US Maps is time consuming, with many tasks a person is required to perform having little bearing on their actual position. :effort:

I'm sitting on half of a admin cert because the remaining hours would require line items I cannot get signed off at the moment.

• Locked thread