Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

I hope they start another war so that the reservists can return to active duty.

All the non-prior active duty reservists want nothing more than to be active and deploy whereas the prior want nothing more than cheap insurance and beer money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Well I'm over 35 looking to join the reserves. Passed my physical and just waiting for my waiver interview. Will that be entertaining enough?

No, reserves aren't nearly as entertaining as people making horrible choices on active.

Edit: TOTP True sniper

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Christoff posted:

I need to carry around the reg that says it only needs to be tucked in for unit PT. Even if you're fit that shirt still makes you look fat and out of shape.

I have never understood people that will not learn from junior Sailors or who are just stubborn assholes. Like last drill one of the new Ensigns was wearing black boots that were roughed out like the Army. I asked him, "Hey Sir, what's up with your boots?" as I don't believe in the whole "Being a Chief means chewing out people before asking questions". He said the regs had changed and, sure enough, for non-sea duty, you can wear them. I learned something new and we had a good talk; guy had 10 years active in the Air Force before getting his commission.

Mr Nice! posted:

There was a dude wearing the old school white PT shirt, jeans, and a screaming high and tight today at the mall with his kids. Likely a reservist chief or first class. Just looked so loving silly and out of place.

I choice to believe only two of the three are correct. I want to believe that it was the old school PT shirt, jeans, and rocking a mullet instead as that would make way more sense.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The best thing was then the guy in the studio goes to throw it to Esther at around the 9 minute mark, doesn't get any response, and then is just like "I'm sure she's fine," I assumed she was in getting fluids in Medical or passed out.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

nacirema posted:

How did all of you corpsman goons stayed awake in a-school? I'm being bored to death by power point, especially when caffeine isn't allowed inside the school house.

I cannot imagine any place in the Navy that doesn't have a Coffee Mess. Shameful.

• Locked thread