Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

She'll tear, YOUR SOUL, apart!
Goodbye Seventh Fleet.

I will not miss your Liberty policy, nor your paranoia over possibly going to war with China every other weekend.

Easily the worst place to begin a career ever. If there ever came a point in my life where all I wanted to do was work, and do nothing BUT work, I would gladly stay in Japan. Thankfully,
I want more out of my life.

Edit:
oh fun, Nam #2. Fun i guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

I've been told that there's a relatively small, if not possible chance that I can weasel an IT cert out of my next command, assuming I can get in good with their Traino, so here's hoping. My first IDB with my new command is going to outline *specifically* what I plan on doing in the next 2 years, and now that i'm not a baby sailor I don't have to let the CMC tell me "What you want out of life doesn't matter" and accept it.

Hopefully I can at least accomplish a few credit hours or at least a certificate. If 7th Fleet taught me anything it's that doing anything BUT is impossible. I'll have to see I guess.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

Welp, Great Lakes is still full of terrible rules and incredible micromanaging.

Out of the 11 people in Gas Turbine "C" school, 2 of us are stuck in the A school barracks, following some incredibly well thought out policies and idea's concerning Fleet Returnee's and Per Diem. Everyone one else in my class is here TAD, so they get the nice comfy single room barracks.

Thankfully the instructors here know us as Returnee students so i'm cut out of 95% of the normal BS. It just wouldn't be the Navy if everything went smoothly, so I suppose i'm thankful for not ending up somewhere worse.

• Locked thread