Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
Karma has struck down a terrible dependa or I am an evil sorceror. I just got a call from my ex wife apologizing for everything she ever did to me. Apparently in the last two years, her drug use increased from pot and pills to coke and finally heroin. She robbed the liquor store she worked at and ended up getting hepatitus. She sounded like she is in a better place now but I looked her up on facebook and drat she looks like the stereotypical after pictures.

A small part of me feels bad, the rest of me is a terrible person for laughing about it after I hung up.

LordNad fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

My bank account and penis both disagree with you.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

Was she a dependapotamus?

She was never a beached whale and thank god we never had kids. Now she looks positively ghoulish.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

vulturesrow posted:

Been summed up pretty well. I'll just add that they are a necessary evil because some sailors are literally incapable of living like a grown up without being made to do so. Let me tell you about the guy that had ferrets in his barracks room...

It's a little higher on my priority list when deployed because in a 100 man berthing your filthiness has a direct impact on people around you. Usually though those guys around you take care of it pretty directly.

One time on deployment during an inspection a guy had a "self pleasure device" in his rack and proceeded to tell the inspector that several guys actually shared said device... :barf:

At the fleet replacement squadron (OTJ p-3 aircrew training before getting to the fleet) we do weekly barracks inspections. It's a combination make sure the rooms are being taken care of/the junior guys have adequate living conditions. Our normal inspections are done by a chief and a first who go to the barracks, pick a handful of rooms at random and check em. A sweep is done before releasing everyone on holiday leave (they get essentially december off). Targetted inspections are only if there is a specific complaint from a student/the barracks personnel or if the command gets wind of a possible issue (drugs/underage drinking/cohabilitation, etc). iirc the barracks themselves do inspections as well.

Even though our squadron is the last stop, the stupidty is still there. We have a days since last DUI and drug pop poster. Last DUI was end of march and drug pop was in Jan. Hurray for student mentality.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Howard Phillips posted:

That's great. What's the typical weekend drill like? Hang out at NOSC and do random admin for the unit?

It really depends on where you go and what they do/need. I'm am AWO and when I got out, I was at NSF Newport. We sat around, bsed and did gmts. Then the funeral coordinator for the area needed a body and I wanted extra cash so my drill became funerals 6 days a wekk. Easy gig and good money.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Snowdens Secret posted:

You would think funeral coordinators would be the last people to need bodies.

I actually started laughing so hard, my people think I'm crazy now.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

I feel only slightly bad that AWO1 is 0% and my attitude at this point is gently caress you got mine.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

AWO1 0% gently caress you got mine already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

shin01176 posted:

What yall get after so many jumped ship from AWV.

And by jump ship, you mean forcibly stuffed into the rate.

• Locked thread