Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Sounds like it's time to take her back and do it all over again. Just think of it as re-enlisting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I guess the barracks got raided and 40 rooms were unsat and 6 underage drinkings/cohabitations discovered. My department head is quite upset. Serious question for officers: do you actually give a poo poo about your sailors and believe you're doing a good thing with wellness inspections, or is it more you know this poo poo is going on and you want to shake things up to have a bullet on your fitrep?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Eh, they don't really affect me. The department head just sends out emails every week and asks for feedback on his thoughts, obviously I'm never going to reply to one of those so I just needed to vent here.

I guess the way I see it is it's as futile as the war on drugs. Do sailors underage drink -- if they could test for it I'm sure they'd get about 90% popping hot. Is it good to weed out the ones dumb enough to get caught -- probably. Should I give a poo poo about my s h i p m a t e s. I'd probably tell them just don't get caught.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Snowdens Secret posted:

I cannot imagine how hosed an enlisted barracks has to get for officers to get involved.
Oh yea, I just remembered a few things now that I got some sleep. During sexual assault awareness month the number of sexual assault incidents skyrocketed in the barracks. Also possibly related, they added an extra watch stander to make sure the restrictee didn't escape. The restrictree is staying in the barracks until they are transferred to the brig for some reason.

Now that I think about it, that place is pretty hosed, I'm glad I don't live there.

EDIT: Also it is full of mold. I remember a year and a half ago a bunch of the rooms got condemned because the walls were basically green. I guess they didn't understand pumping cold damp air through your central HVAC doesn't kill mold.

Sir Lucius fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 8, 2014

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

The navy really hates when people hack into their servers, especially if you're serving on their aircraft carrier.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...wpsrc=AG0003336
http://hamptonroads.com/2014/05/extruman-sailor-charged-massive-hacking-case

What a little shithead. "Oh, I want to be just like Bradley Manning!"

So this fuckead joined in 2009 and washed out in 2011? Was he at his first command for half a year, get kicked out for something stupid, and then decide to exact revenge?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
3 years and 2 months left. NSTR

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

vulturesrow posted:

I like seeing people decide they are going to do the machine and then not practicing at all until the PRT. I love watching the smug turn into pain (at least for those that are trying to do well on it). I'm a bike guy myself but I use it enough to know what resistance and RPM give me the best numbers. :spergin: I do it because I have a bum knee but I think the filthy air at Lemoore is a plenty good reason to not run.

I didn't work out once before my PRT and still scored an excellent. I can go to PT every week and get 11:59 on the treadmill or I can be lazy for half a year and get 12:50 and its still the same score.

Navy PT is a joke.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Question: why do CTs with easy day jobs keep killing themselves?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
CTN1 went from 20% to 40%, which is impressive. But CTN2 going from 50% to 80%...god drat. It's almost as if retention in the rate is really bad or something.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I hope you made it panda, GL! <3 <3 <3

It's 5am, so it's time for a drink.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Results are out: http://www.navy.mil/ah_online/ftrStory.asp?issue=3&id=81166

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Our CO called up a sailor last Thursday to personally congratulate him on advancing to E6. 6 hours later he flipped his truck over and was charged with a DUI. Now he isn't going to make HYT. What does this all really mean? Easier quotas when I'm up for advancement. Keep it up everyone :frogc00l:

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
It's the weekend, and the May Navy thread is terminal!

EDIT: btw, I hate reddit, but this is why I read it, this was in the "so_my_neighbor_nursed_a_sick_crow_back_to" thread:

quote:

The CIA proposed a plan to kill American citizens to gain support for a foreign war. Kennedy rejected it. Kennedy gets killed. Country gets handed over to surveillance agencies. CIA trained terrorists attack American citizens. The US government lies through its teeth about the attacks to gain support for a foreign war. All of these happebed.
Combined with all the other stuff the US has been proven to do, them being responsible for the attacks on 9/11 is exactly something they would do. Especially after finding out they also view the citizens as potential terrorists, or the enemy as Obama called them.

Sir Lucius fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I was hoping for the ending where she's loving an E7.

• Locked thread