Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

quote:

negro poppet slave
This would make a great username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Pandasmores posted:

So my friend's fiance just got told in boot camp that he's going to be an MM Nuke, when will he find out how lovely his life is?
When he gets to his boat. If he's going sub, he should push for welding school. It won't make boat life any better, but it will prolong the inevitable for a few months.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

genderstomper58 posted:

not that i recall

requalifying every 6 months was a pain in the balls but overall i'm really glad i did the school. very helpful on resumes in my field as well

No bonus.

About that requal. We went like two years without proficiency welds, so we had to do a one week refresher course to requalify. It was time spent away from the boat, so it was worth it.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

krispykremessuck posted:

if left to their own devices enlisted "people" will turn a barracks into a crack/opium/rape/garbage den/palace in a matter of minutes
The coners on my boat had boxing tournaments in the hallways.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Pandasmores posted:

Hahaha, some dude that got out of Field Med in Camp Pendleton sent an email straight to the CO asking her if we can wear the Marine camo pattern instead of NSUs to show "that we are 8404" qualified. He had the decency to notify his chain of command by CCing them in the email.

The answer was No.

I hope that was the entirety of the email.

quote:

To: Dumbass
CC: Dumbass's chain of command
Subj: RE: MARPAT (UNCLASSIFIED)

No.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

The old school shirts had blue collars and sleeves. I can't find any pics online and I think I threw mine away years ago, so you'll just have to imagine how gay they looked.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I walked my last PRT, because I was getting out in a month.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

"Herding cats" has more to do with the fact that cats don't listen for poo poo and will do whatever they want.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

:laffo: I never saw the video for that song. Fitting that it takes place in prison.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Most of the posts here make navy service sound pretty lovely.
Because it is.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Yeah I tried my damnedest to find out who the chick was and I asked my students and someone claimed to see one of the weird meet ups they had but other than that I couldn't get any info.

I did find a pic of the dude and he was a weird fatty and for some reason he posted a picture of his not girlfriend's hand and it was mad fat so my money is on them both being huge, especially cause she's in the navy.

BOSNIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

nacirema posted:

caffeine isn't allowed inside the school house.
That's a loving war crime. Did some retard OD on coffee or something?

• Locked thread