Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Haha so what's the policy for recalling after hours? They tried to recall some of us for some bs but 4/5 of us had been drinking. It wasn't even a lie we're just all alcoholics. Sure I'll hear about it today. I know you only have one hour to respond to a recall or some poo poo, correct? I think I remember a guy getting written up for not responding fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

What's a papa

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

This was like every week with us for a while. It became a game to see who would get caught sober enough to be called back, culminating in guys chugging 40s in the parking lot before driving home. Of course we weren't clinic corpsmen and didn't, you know, live in the barracks right by work or anything

That's ridiculous. It's not really a frequent thing. It was a little more complicated of a situation that we were getting recalled for but who cares. Got that Memorial day to look forward to. :frogbon:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anything is better than the awful yellow shirt/Despicable Me minion outfit. The shorts are cool when you cut out the lining but gently caress that shirt. Terrible fitting, too. It's alright at least a blue undershirt w/navy shorts is the unauthorized unofficial PT uniform

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

The shorts material is pretty bad and they don't hold up well in the laundry. I bought a size small in order to make everyone pay twice a year for requiring such a poo poo uniform.

The New Balance ones are pretty alright. Have you tried those ones out? They're like $5-10 more? You'll probably need a size up though.

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

Tucking it in. So wonderful.

I need to carry around the reg that says it only needs to be tucked in for unit PT. Even if you're fit that shirt still makes you look fat and out of shape.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yes but they are ridiculous what with the moose knuckle and all which is why people only wear them in public to be funny. Amazing, though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

People actually fail the PRT run? I thought they just failed the weight

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

hahahaha 9%

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It's not that bad at all they're just overly motto and stupid because they're all nostalgic about their greenside days. I was really surprised how mellow everything was when I checked into my first command.

I don't know where you guys keep coming from between me and panda there must be 6 of us

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I guess some higher ups know and are going around congratulating folk and there may or may not be an official list. Least that's what I heard

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Most Doctors in the Mlitary aren't even "fully trained" yet and won't do residency until after their first command :ssh:

There's definitely an accelerated path especially if you're already an MD. You'll do some bullshit 2 week OCS or whatever they call it to learn how to salute and wear a uniform and you'll come in as an 0-3 I believe.

Again, no Doctors on subs. They're IDC's which serve as providers and like to call themselves on par with a PA. Same goes for the smaller ships.

Bigger ships definitely have a ton of MDs. I was on an LHD (smaller carrier) which was also supposed to serve as a hospital if needed. There must have been 8-10 I believe including specialty Docs. Had lab, surgery, ICU, x-ray, the whole bit. Only 1 IDC which came along for the ride from a Marine unit.

There are 2 hospital ships (Mercy and Comfort) but from what I understand they're mostly contractors and I'm sure it's a hard billet to get regardless.

There's a lot of places you can go. Hospitals, clinics, flight surgeon with an aviation unit (Navy or USMC), any kind of Marine unit, bigger ships, etc.

It's not exciting as you'd think it'd be.
Just normal aches and pains that come with the job and people trying to get out of work. Usually it's you and Corpsmen who will do most of your work for you anyways. Nurses aren't too common outside of a hospital. You'll usually diagnose and decide on the treatment and the Corpsmen will carry out the procedures and write the notes. Yeah if you're in the middle of the ocean and poo poo hits the fan you and your Corpsmen are it and you'll have to do whatever is necessary until a medevac is possible if at all.

You'll probably just end up in a hospital anyways though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The bigger the worse it is generally. Haven't been on a carrier but I've only heard bad things.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

We got one a couple months into deployment on an LHD to serve the 3 ship ARG. I was a bit surprised too to and when I asked he said it was a new thing.

I know the smallest ship, LSD, had at least one MO.

There were a ton of SI's and it seemed like there was always someone in the ward for SI. A lot of psych medevacs

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 29, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Noeland posted:

Carriers have had dedicated psych officers for at least a decade now, probably longer.

Yeah but he was referencing my post talking about an LHD. The psych Doc came on the ship a couple months into deployment and when I asked he said it was a new thing they were trying/implementing with having a psych onboard. There was a behavioral health tech HM as well.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

nacirema posted:

I'm being bored to death by power point, especially when caffeine isn't allowed inside the school house.

http://www.amazon.com/ProLab-Caffei...ro+lab+caffeine

When I was in FMTB we were getting 3-4 hours a night at the most. Some instructors wouldn't let us stand if we got tired. People were slangin no-doz like it was loving meth.

• Locked thread