Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
glad you kept that under the wraps until it was resolved, big case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

poopkitty posted:

Your friend's soon to be cheating ex fiancé? If he's in bootcamp the lovely life started already. And you don't get "told in bootcamp" that you're going in as a nuke.

if it still works the same they do tell you if you're going to be mm et or em tho

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

ded posted:

Welding NEC also gives a few extra bucks too doesn't it? And on a sub it hardly ever gets actually used.

not that i recall

requalifying every 6 months was a pain in the balls but overall i'm really glad i did the school. very helpful on resumes in my field as well

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Ryand-Smith posted:

So being in shipyard makes me feel like I'm not in the real Navy sometimes. I qualify 'watches' that aren't complete, take tests, play tour guide for NR, and wonder what other date will slip, and joke that I will leave the navy with 0 sea time (less than Ket!). At least I get to be a plankholder?

Anyone else in here a precom/yard guy?

the real navy is just all that retardation plus making circles in the water you arent really missin much as far a excitement goes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opU1urLhw50&t=27s

• Locked thread