Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noeland
Feb 28, 2006
:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've had my fingers crossed that the Argentinians will trigger NATO action somehow.

I've been hoping for another cool rendition of The Falklands.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

poopkitty posted:

You're gonna love the Navy if Boot was boring.

Boot was laundry folding 101. Therefore: By that logic I loved every minute of my 5 years, 3 months, 8 days, and 14 hours of active duty. Every goddamn minute. :bang:

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

cult_hero posted:

For those with experience at Sasebo, what're the recommendations for things to do? I'm heading down there for a couple weeks and looking to fill the time between the traditional bouts of drinking alone in the dark.

Getting glared at and protested by locals is a popular pastime for many a sailor there.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Arione posted:

Saw my sheet, missed IT2 by 5 points with a god damned P eval. 95th% on the exam. god drat it. . .

I missed MMN2 off of my 2nd test ever by 10 points (with a P), then made it on my 3rd test (with a P). Got a whole lotta glares from the khaki for not being a real nuke MM and making 2nd Class off of a STAR. Word on the street is that I became some sort of folk hero.

e: I don't remember how much I missed it on the first one because that poo poo happened like a month after A school.

Noeland fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 25, 2014

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

Working on a carrier would be pretty gratifying to me. There would certainly be a larger patient base, and the excitement of being deployed would be there. Anyone here work on one that can chime in with what it's like? Most of the posts here make navy service sound pretty lovely. I'm sure serving and being on an aircraft carrier is rewarding in some regards, right?

The 4 things you will see: STDs, depression, malingering, and foreign ports.

Also, on the carrier I was on, our PsychO and one of the dental DivOs were both having an affair with the (married) XO. Dental divo found out about psycho, and told the CO. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Octopode posted:

Yeah, on an LSD we had a dedicated Medical Officer and another Dental Officer, along with the Docs attached to the Marines, but we didn't have a dedicated Psych anywhere in that ARG or in my second one. I guess it must be something that's rolling out.

Carriers have had dedicated psych officers for at least a decade now, probably longer.

• Locked thread