Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
His helmet should say FARVA

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

tuluk posted:

martello, has your battalion started planning another dumbass hump?
and it's been 5+ months now....you can safely tell us how much your BN command staff actually marched now.
I wanna say 2 miles (1st mile out/last mile coming in).

Hahaha, no that would be the COL who runs my shop.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
Can't wait for the masturbatory ARE TROOPS to be over.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Can't wait for the masturbatory ARE TROOPS to be over.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
also, love seeing dependapotimi complaining on FB about things not having a military discount on memorial day

i mean, I usually ask because hey cheaper poo poo, but if they don't I'm just like "right on" and continue about my day

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I only ask if I'm at Lowes to buy a big purchase of some kind. Think the last I did that was 2 years ago when I bought a crapton of floor tile.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
I feel so awkward when all of these people thank me for my service *adjusts m frames* *puts dog tags back into shirt* *puts giant dildo back into oversized acu backpack*

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

genderstomper58 posted:

I feel so awkward when all of these people thank me for my service *adjusts m frames* *puts dog tags back into shirt* *puts giant dildo back into oversized acu backpack*

sick fit

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I still feel awkward asking for military discounts at places. If they happen to offer, I'll take them up on it and generally just add the saved amount to my tip. That said, I did totally stack it with a sale at Lowes to get a nice discount on a washer/dryer. Those things are expensive.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
no shame in getting discounts/free poo poo imo

its the people who feel entitled to it that suck

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

genderstomper58 posted:

no shame in getting discounts/free poo poo imo

its the people who feel entitled to it that suck

Saw some E2 without a unit patch in Publix a while back demanding a military discount and making a scene. Dickhead, you want a (supposed) discount go to the commissary. Thought I should tell him to be quiet but realized I just don't care.

The main military discount I get is like 3 bucks where I get my hair cut but I just tag that onto the tip. Lowes and Home Depot I don't even bother with as so far I get everything cheaper from Amazon or other internet places. A friend of mine was pricing up some timber flooring and we thought it might come in useful then but these guys https://www.builddirect.com came in so far under it was ridiculous.

I've abused oakley standard issue a whole bunch, especially when the boots are on sale. afeyewear.com if you want range glasses but don't want to use those stupid loving issue inserts. Well, looks like they carry all kind of poo poo now, actually.

Oh, and I learned about this site here, I think. I've only used it twice but it was pretty legit both times. https://www.militarydiscountfinder.com hooked me up pretty good.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I think the only discount I've ever really used is the one at Home Depot/Lowe's.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot
I stopped giving a poo poo about military discounts when I realized I can't get them as a veteran. Well whats the fuckin point of me having it on my drivers license?

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

Aranan posted:

I still feel awkward asking for military discounts at places. If they happen to offer, I'll take them up on it and generally just add the saved amount to my tip. That said, I did totally stack it with a sale at Lowes to get a nice discount on a washer/dryer. Those things are expensive.

I used to feel the same way, until I bought a home and saved a shitton buying $5k+ worth of appliances. That lowes/homedepot discount owns so much, also gettin into strip clubs for free (in Reno/Vegas) owns too.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

If you're still active duty or reserves, you qualify for pretty big discounts on Glocks and S&W M&Ps.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Good TED Talk for Memorial Day, and if you don't like it, well, gently caress you.

Sebastian Junger TED Talk

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

EconOutlines posted:

Good TED Talk for Memorial Day, and if you don't like it, well, gently caress you.

Sebastian Junger knows what's up.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
That was some good poo poo, he's the only civilian I've seen that actually loving understands soldiers.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

The Rat posted:

If you're still active duty or reserves, you qualify for pretty big discounts on Glocks and S&W M&Ps.

Retired credentials work for both as well.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
I don't miss police calling cigarette butts, or other random bullshit. I miss being able to recognize someone in the middle of the night by their outline and how they move. I miss being around dudes that would run through bullets to save my rear end if I got in some poo poo and knowing that I would do the same for them. The most scared I have ever been was when I was alone during a firefight in Iraq. I had an IP dude with me, but hearing rounds crack over your head and knowing your dudes don't know where you are is a real bummer. Civilian life for me is like that most days, I'm getting lit up but I'm on my own and don't have my buddies to come bail me out.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Wisdom.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You should get a dog. Dogs are the best. Dakota is my little buddy and goes almost everywhere I can take him with me.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

RichieHimself posted:

I don't miss police calling cigarette butts, or other random bullshit. I miss being able to recognize someone in the middle of the night by their outline and how they move. I miss being around dudes that would run through bullets to save my rear end if I got in some poo poo and knowing that I would do the same for them. The most scared I have ever been was when I was alone during a firefight in Iraq. I had an IP dude with me, but hearing rounds crack over your head and knowing your dudes don't know where you are is a real bummer. Civilian life for me is like that most days, I'm getting lit up but I'm on my own and don't have my buddies to come bail me out.

tru

Mr. Nice! posted:

You should get a dog. Dogs are the best.

tru

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

RichieHimself posted:

had an IP dude with me, but hearing rounds crack over your head and knowing your dudes don't know where you are is a real bummer.

poo poo i woulda felt safer all alone

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
NTC next week. Anybody here in 2/2?

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

EconOutlines posted:

Pro. If you already gave it a shot and quit it, give it another minute. Slow to start but he explains it in terms I never found on my own.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

White Chocolate posted:

NTC next week. Anybody here in 2/2?

I hear Donovia is nice this time of year, hopefully your unit remembers to get water and chow to their soldiers in the box.

That TED talk was spot on, the only remaining person from my platoon who I was with me on Deployment is pcs'ing soon and I can't help but feel like the black sheep amongst them.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
Dear TRADOC,

It's been five years since we last met... please don't be completely awful for the next month.

Much love,

SPC CASHFLOW

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
One month should be bearable. That said, from talking to people who were in it not even two years ago, it has gotten a lot more restrictive lately.

Have fun!

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone been to the AASLT course at Benning? I'm going in a month and was wondering how it compares to Sabaluski at Campbell.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Probably just as gay

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Aranan posted:

One month should be bearable. That said, from talking to people who were in it not even two years ago, it has gotten a lot more restrictive lately.

Have fun!

yup, no alcohol

apparently there is at least one instructor staying at the hotel we're assigned to

gently caress everything

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

yup, no alcohol

apparently there is at least one instructor staying at the hotel we're assigned to

gently caress everything

If it makes you feel any better, I just watched a group of Cadets walk out of the shopette loaded up with cases of beer. Oh wait, that feels like the opposite of better. My bad. Also, allah help you if you have boots that look like they could even remotely violate 670-1. Do you at least get weekends off?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I keep in Facebook-touch with a friend that ended up back in TRADOC as a civilian contractor. You are so, so hosed. I'd say drink away the pain but that's just one more way the green weenie rapes your booty hole.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I just watched a group of Cadets walk out of the shopette loaded up with cases of beer. Oh wait, that feels like the opposite of better. My bad. Also, allah help you if you have boots that look like they could even remotely violate 670-1. Do you at least get weekends off?

I think we get like one? It's a 1 month MOS-T course as opposed to the full 9 week, so I think I'm just in for a month of gay. We're at a hotel off post and, being in the middle of loving nowhere, I would actually rather just be in loving barracks.

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Army is gay
Reserves are gay
Natty Guard is gay
OP is gay
gently caress you

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
You should reenlist bro

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Cole posted:

You should reenlist bro

end of mso is april 2016

im done

forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
What dumb friend of the family would re-enlist in 2014?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread