Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
They put you in a hotel off post rather than the giant awesome one on post? In the middle of nowhere? And told you that you can't drink while you're in your off post lovely roach motel? You got hosed, Timmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

They put you in a hotel off post rather than the giant awesome one on post? In the middle of nowhere? And told you that you can't drink while you're in your off post lovely roach motel? You got hosed, Timmy.

I mean, it's not the worst hotel, just literally nothing within walking distance other than other hotels and a gas station. But yeah, this month is gonna blow. We had to go to the huge one on post to get our vouchers so we got that nice lil cocktease.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

When I was at Lee we stayed at a Comfort Suites right outside the gate and it was pretty awesome.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

psydude posted:

When I was at Lee we stayed at a Comfort Suites right outside the gate and it was pretty awesome.

Yeah, we're in the Hampton in Petersberg, i think they were like 'lets put them as far away as possible from anything remotely interesting'

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone want this poo poo before I give it away on Craigslist

2 FRACU and 2 ACU M-L blouse

and Med reg pants

8 med undershirts

7 1/2 patrol cap

I think like 1 set was ever worn

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Christoff posted:

and Med reg pants

8 med undershirts

7 1/2 patrol cap

find some shady arab dude on craigslist to give it to

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I was just gonna make the pants cut-offs and walk around the mall or use them for airsoft

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Christoff posted:

I was just gonna make the pants cut-offs and walk around the mall

don't be that guy

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Christoff posted:

I was just gonna make the pants cut-offs and walk around the mall or use them for airsoft

Donate them directly to a homeless bum (not in the military).

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

don't be that guy

Cloudy McPouty
Jun 12, 2013

Christoff posted:

and Med reg pants

8 med undershirts

7 1/2 patrol cap

Just sell it to your local surplus store. You'll get $30 - $40 for it. Worth it for half a tank of gas I think.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Don't be that guy who makes them into cargo shorts, but DO be that guy who makes them into daisy dukes.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
do it

no balls

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Then they aren't short enough

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The Air Force literally sponsored League of Legends. :laffo:
http://www.ongamers.com/articles/air-force-reserve-sponsors-cloud-9-league-of-legends-team/1100-1611/

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What the gently caress is league of legends?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The article unironically called this cloud9 thing an "e-sports team". What the gently caress?

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

gleep gloop posted:

What dumb friend of the family would re-enlist in 2014?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I probably shouldn't

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Geirskogul posted:

A thing that nerds get mad about.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Well Berghdahl was successfully recovered today in a prisoner swap http://online.wsj.com/articles/in-prisoner-swap-taliban-releases-u-s-soldier-held-for-five-years-1401555125?mod=e2fb

This is pretty surreal, I remember trying to find him for weeks when he was first captured.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Jesus gently caress he was still alive? :stare:

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Im not too familiar with the incident, but some people claimed he wandered off base alone. It will be interesting to see the story come out. Either way, it's horrible to know one of our own is out there so im glad he is back.

I wish it was a SF/SEAL team extraction, but instead we had to give up some detainees.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
former president harrison ford must be so disappointed

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Kanish posted:

Im not too familiar with the incident, but some people claimed he wandered off base alone. It will be interesting to see the story come out. Either way, it's horrible to know one of our own is out there so im glad he is back.

I wish it was a SF/SEAL team extraction, but instead we had to give up some detainees.

wouldve owned if they pulled off a sick drone strike on the talibs after the exchange but alas

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Geirskogul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gz9um3wV1o

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

lmbo

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

ryan_woody posted:

Well Berghdahl was successfully recovered today in a prisoner swap http://online.wsj.com/articles/in-prisoner-swap-taliban-releases-u-s-soldier-held-for-five-years-1401555125?mod=e2fb

This is pretty surreal, I remember trying to find him for weeks when he was first captured.

He better not be getting no hero's welcome for walking off the FOB and getting captured. He needs a court martial.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Crazy Mike posted:

He better not be getting no hero's welcome for walking off the FOB and getting captured. He needs a court martial.

Having seen the storyboards and been tangentially involved in the aftermath, I couldn't agree more. I would bet he has some major loving stockholm syndrome as well; if I were in charge of such matters I would keep an extremely close eye on him for a long while.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

ryan_woody posted:

Having seen the storyboards and been tangentially involved in the aftermath, I couldn't agree more. I would bet he has some major loving stockholm syndrome as well; if I were in charge of such matters I would keep an extremely close eye on him for a long while.

Aka joe would be watching him 24/7

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Crazy Mike posted:

thats rich comin from a guy who described the apft as his "own personal normandy"

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

krispykremessuck posted:

thats rich comin from a guy who described the apft as his "own personal normandy"

um please point out the difference???

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
That's the LDAC PT test. It's worth like 5% of your overall evaluation. That's like five Normandys broseph.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Look at all those sagging backs.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Why does that one guy have an orange pt belt that is not uniform dress right dress and stuff.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cole posted:

Why does that one guy have an orange pt belt that is not uniform dress right dress and stuff.

cadets amirite

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

um please point out the difference???

Man, look at that nice rear end fake grass.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gleep gloop posted:

Man, look at that nice rear end fake grass.

Man, I never noticed that. Our tests were usually done in the rockiest area possible, covered in goose poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Man, I never noticed that. Our tests were usually done in the rockiest area possible, covered in goose poop.

Ours were always on grass, but usually sloped, always with rocks, sometimes with ants.

• Locked thread