Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Aranan posted:

Should I let the army cut my eyeballs open with a laser? On the one hand, I have enough experience with army healthcare to be cautious. On the other hand, it's free*!

Absolutely. I envy you because I had to pay for my PRK; I could never navigate the paperwork to get it done as a reservist. Just be aware that you won't be doing poo poo for about five days. Your eyes will be too hosed up to even watch a movie, read a paper, browse the internet, etc. I almost went loving bananas until I decided 'gently caress it, I'll just get drunk'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

Well Berghdahl was successfully recovered today in a prisoner swap http://online.wsj.com/articles/in-prisoner-swap-taliban-releases-u-s-soldier-held-for-five-years-1401555125?mod=e2fb

This is pretty surreal, I remember trying to find him for weeks when he was first captured.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

Crazy Mike posted:

He better not be getting no hero's welcome for walking off the FOB and getting captured. He needs a court martial.

Having seen the storyboards and been tangentially involved in the aftermath, I couldn't agree more. I would bet he has some major loving stockholm syndrome as well; if I were in charge of such matters I would keep an extremely close eye on him for a long while.

• Locked thread