Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I suspect bsm may have been a teensy bit sarcastic there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

WastedJoker posted:

Farage got egged today. It was wonderful to see.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27242557

It's actually a bit worrying to see how easily someone could stab him in the neck a few times.

Speaking of UKIP, the guy at the top of my street has a big sign declaring his support for UKIP :( He seemed like a decent bloke and I used to buy goose eggs from him.

This answers an age old question: yesterday chicken, today egg.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

The fake bread smell kind of smells like sick. :|

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Which two posters were having the housing market dick waving contest?

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/may/01/bank-of-england-warns-housing-market-property-price-boom-crash

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Chocolate Teapot posted:

They can't repeal the minimum wage officially, so instead I imagine they'll pull some other poo poo like extending apprenticeships to people up to the age of 35.

Is there something (Euro directive?) that actually blocks government from doing this? Or do you mean can't as in it would be political suicide?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I was just going off the principle that a parliament cannot bind its successors - so if the government really wanted to get rid of the minimum wage, and had a majority of MPs, they absolutely could.

Of course as you've said, why would they when there are so many ways around it?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

DesperateDan posted:

Didn't they already rabble rouse about dropping the minimum wage in the tabloids about it (standard water testing device) a few times before quietly dropping it?

A bit of googling indicates that Dominic Raab floated the idea of dropping it for under 21s but that went nowhere.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Renaissance Robot posted:

The one near where I live has got me stumped for witty comebacks:

It's just so completely wrong :(

Goatse.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Libertarian party call police when criticised

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jonstone/police-investigate-man-for-criticising-ukip-on-twitter

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

KKKlean Energy posted:

Not necessarily the party but could just be someone who supports them and is a petulant manbaby. In fact it could be a poo poo-stirrer trying to make it look like UKIP calls the police on criticism, which would be hilarious if wasting police time wasn't a really poo poo thing to do.

The police have now released a statement confirming that a UKIP councillor made the complaint.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Kegluneq posted:

Also peas and vegetable oil aren't even subject to VAT? (Can't remember where I heard that, may have been here.)

Pretty much nothing in that image except the booze, pop and cleaning products is VATable.

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 12, 2014

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Darth Walrus posted:

So I'm voting in the Euro elections this Thursday, and my area is the South-West. Would this thread's fine Internet detectives kindly fill me in on which candidates are poo poo, which are less poo poo, and which are hardly poo poo at all? I'm discounting the Tories, the BNP, the English Democrats, UKIP, and An Independence From Europe for obvious reasons.

I have no idea how reliable it is but rs21 has a Euro elections post which includes a Greens or Labour guide. http://rs21.org.uk/2014/05/20/rs21-guide-to-the-european-elections-our-predictions-and-recommended-votes/

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

If you've got no attachment to Glyn Ford then either Green or Labour is as good as the other - SW England is currently 3 Tories, 2 UKIP and 1 Lib Dem and will probably go entirely bluey-purple.

e: The article's author claims that the Greens have no chance in SW England, but I think his attachment to Ford is blinding him a little - the Greens placed ahead of Labour in SW in 2009.

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 20, 2014

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Jippa posted:

Ha did any one see the shard got hit by lightening? What are those fuckers doing in there? It's like the building from ghost busters.

It's a tall pointy metal thing. It getting hit by lightning shouldn't be a massive surprise.

Re: UKIP, has anyone considered the fact that their website describes them as "non-racist"? Does any other party's site make that claim? Check and mate lefties :smug:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Sundayturks posted:

Does it, anymore? I just had a look and I can't see it on the google page description where it used to be.

Aha! So they admit they're racist!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I humbly apologise for not getting clarification on such an audacious claim. I shall double my efforts to make sure my posting suits your requirements with proper authenticated source material.

Ukip defender doesn't bother with the most basic of fact checking and acts like a pouty baby when called on it, couldn't have seen this coming.

e: Lambeth should be congratulated for reversing the voter apathy trend and recording a massive 4,899% turnout rate http://moderngov.lambeth.gov.uk/mgElectionResults.aspx?ID=25&RPID=24392309

edit 2 err over 6500% now...

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 23, 2014

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Illuminti posted:

What about staying majority British? (I'm specifically refering to London now, I'm aware Cornwall is not on the verge of being overun). I'm not anti immigrant, immigrants come here meld into the fabric of society, change it a bit, change themselves a bit and that becomes modern british culture. But in somewhere like London which see very large immigrant groups arriving over a relatively short period of time I don't think that happens, there's no evolution, the nebulous "britishness" that existed can seem like it's just been shunted to the side. I like being British, and having the history and social cues that go with it. And I don't want that to disappear. I also like working in one of the most multi cultural industries in London, I'm going for a pint with a Serb, a Scot and a Spaniard after work (hah alliteration!), but I don't think our immigration policy as it exists inside the EU is the correct one.

I nearly voted Ukip, but in the end I went for Green because they have EU referendum as a policy. I actually quite like Farage for all the reasons the papers list, mainly he's not some smooth faced creep like Cameron Clegg and Milliband, they make my skin crawl. every other UKIP representantive seems like a loving sneering prick though, so I couldn't vote for them.

I also belive that the orderly winding down of the EU would be great for everyone involved

You can all call me a racist now

Is this not more a result of London being the centre of everything than immigration alone? I think most posters here will agree that ghettoisation is not great.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

baka kaba posted:

Or having Aldi and Lidl spring up everywhere? How do you quantify the amount of 'poo poo changes' that's British or non-British?

I went to Aldi earlier but had to try another place because they didn't stock suet. Probably to appease A MUSLIM ON BENEFITS. How do I change my vote to Ukip?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Disgusting Coward posted:

:confused: St. Andrews isn't in Scotland.

Am I missing a really obvious joke here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Hola's always worked well for me.

• Locked thread