Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Crane Fist posted:

I think my favourite Tory smear recently is them deriding Miliband's rental market fix as 'Venezuelan-style' Because obviously Hugo Chavez invented rent control.

I think this is a dig at the UN inspector lady who the tories and right wing press shat a collective brick over when she said that maybe throwing people out of their homes because of the spare room tax thing wasnt a good idea.

Speaking of housing...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27223956

quote:

Annual house price growth hits double digits, says Nationwide

In the year to April, prices rose by 10.9%, the first annual double-digit growth since April 2010 and the fastest rate since June 2007.

The news may scotch other suggestions that the housing market has been cooling over the last few months.

This week the Land Registry - which records actual sales - said prices fell by 0.4% in March.

But the Nationwide believes prices have now resumed their upward trend.

"After several months of moderation, the pace of house price growth picked up in April, with prices rising by 1.2% during the month," said Robert Gardner, Nationwide's chief economist.

Nationwide said the average UK house price now stood at £183,577.

Plasmafountain fucked around with this message at 09:35 on May 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Honestly, Shakey, I thought you'd be putting more effort into it.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Pesmerga posted:

Where's your old avatar? :(

Eh, I fancied a change. I spend a lot of my time talking about Space these days. Dissertation on rocket nozzles due next friday. :science:

Shakespearean Beef posted:

Why would i put effort into this garbage thread that allows chodes like you to post in it freely lol

Aww, I love you too.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

That would be me and Lemondrizzle.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Zero Star posted:

quote:

When the McKenzies bought the pub, it had "a notorious reputation...as a 'battleground' rife with gangsters and drug pushers until the brothers took over."

It finally closed down in December 2002, after a single police raid resulted in 25 people on the premises all being charged with various drugs and firearms offences.

:laffo:

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Reddit shitfest update: Some loving idiot posted part of the motherfucking Unabomber manifesto as a supporting point to proclaiming that the inevitable end of "liberal" thought in the UK is to have a Kristallnacht for UKIP and then the Conservative party.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/2641lb/ukip_candidate_stabbed_by_labour_supporters/chnhpdv?context=3

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Quick question: can I vote without a polling card? I cant remember where I've put mine since it came in the post.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

And is there a website to check for the nearest polling station? I know mine is a church somewhere nearby but I have a choice of four. :/

EDIT: I was about to post "Nevermind, found one!It only works for London though (http://www.londonelects.org.uk/im-voter/where-vote)" and then:

:negative:

What a loving useless website.

Plasmafountain fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 22, 2014

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

If I could find a way to combine the two that would magnificent. :getin:

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Laurie Penny? Some other idiot on the Guardian payroll?

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

huh http://news.sky.com/story/1266550/royal-mail-posts-430m-in-full-year-profits

Good thing the government's finances are in great shape and we couldn't use £430million to pay for some schools or hospitals or anything.

I saw a "Royal Mail" van earlier today that I really should have taken pictures of, parked in a street near my house. The guy inside it was reading a newspaper looking bored as gently caress, but the hilarious thing about it was that it was an entirely white van with normal desktop printed "ROYAL MAIL" logos stuck with cheap lovely masking tape to the sides of it. :psyduck:

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Spangly A posted:

Economically left nationalists?

Hrrrrm

Ooh, ooh, I know this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Borrowing 75% of their value and spending 10% on renovation.

Something tells me this woman is mortgaged to the loving hilt and it will go spectacularly tits up come the next financial crisis. I dont care so much for her and her stupidity, but those poor buggers shes got as tenants who will be evicted as she has to flog the properties off.

• Locked thread