Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Daily Mail have topped themselves.

Don't get my hopes up like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

baka kaba posted:

Ohhhhh, so 2 AM is when all the balance/extreme leftist bias occurs

Those lefties probably don't work anyway, they're all up in the small hours making placards or something :arghfist::britain:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

♪ You can vote however the gently caress you want, but power still calls all the shots, and believe it or not ♪
♪ Even if democracy broke loose, they'll just make the economy scream til we vote responsibly! ♪

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Jedit posted:

Just because you can't do one, doesn't mean you can't do the others. Unless you know you're in a three way marginal, vote for the Big Three party least likely to win.

I must repeat for the benefit of Gorn and similar idiots: the candidates don't see that cock and balls you drew, senior count officials don't see it either. Nobody sees it except the count team, most of whom are low paid council workers trying to make a bit of extra cash. Literally all you are doing is shoving obscene images in the faces of the people who least deserve it and whose side you claim to be on. Grow the gently caress up, all of you.

The more spoilt ballots, the more momentum builds for spoilt ballots being counted, announced and discussed, the more FPTP is destabilised and delegitimised, the more we can build an actual democracy. I believe that's the idea.

E: ^^^ Nazis =/= fascists

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

UnCO3 posted:

"...A sensible immigration system, similar to Australia..."

Stop the botes lorris

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

What's the deal with hardship payments and crisis loans? Are they easy to get hold of, are people in need aware of them, and how much do they work?

I want to know how useful a relief fund for the sanctioned and the victims of bureaucratic snarlups would be, as direct action to help someone.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

They've been getting American election advisors over, so they must have got the Fox News graph designer :shobon:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

SybilVimes posted:

Just got a BNP leaflet (actually 2, yay us!), they're actively encouraging people to vote for them as a protest against the mainstream :( And pointing out that UKIP love immigrants and want more immigrants, so if you're a true racist, don't vote UKIP.

:suicide:

I must say I'm surprised that a response to UKIP's 'we're not racist!' spiel was the BNP's 'no, that's right, you 're not, WE ARE'.

No, not surprised. What's the word? Disgusted?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I've done a potentially stupid thing and made an anti-UKIP leaflet for distributing in my local area. The language is a little bit dumbed down for general consumption, but not that much! I tried not to go all-out full communism, around my Tory-ridden area that'd be pointless.

Feel free to mock my naivete, it's going off to the printers tomorrow and I'll be out delivering next Tuesday, just in time for a few hundred locals to put them straight in their bins :suicide:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I'm counting on probably five people actually reading it properly and being swayed by it, but it's still better than sitting on my arse and doing nothing. The people who are going to vote UKIP anyway, I don't really care about them - but people who are tempted (and I talk to a lot at work and in town) might be convinced once they're shown a bit more about how UKIP actually functions. So yeah, it'll be a waste of money, but that'd prob. just go on videogames so who cares right :unsmith:

Trickjaw I'm not in Chelmsford, cheers for the offer though!

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Jedit posted:

Let's just quote the start:

To summarise: UKIP's concerns about the number of immigrants are valid. UKIP's concerns about health care tourism and immigrants occupying houses and jobs needed for British people are valid. UKIP's concerns about over-large government are valid. But it's not the fault of immigrants because

You are not going to convince anyone not to vote UKIP by putting a letter through their door which starts by saying the swivel-eyed loons are right and not providing any counter-argument. Do not post this flyer.

I don't see how can say I don't provide a counter-argument. I do point out that immigrants contribute more than they receive, and that the problems, where they exist, are due to wealth being hoarded. You make a good point in that I'm mentioning UKIP's views, but in deepest darkest Gloucestershire I'm not going to get anywhere by saying 'you're all racist fuckers, listen to me, I am Correct'.

e: big scary monsters, duly noted, I'll change that. I originally changed the bit about 'large companies and the government' to 'big business', and then at some point I must have edited the wrong file and reverted it to the former, so that's me messing up.

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 15, 2014

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

Umiapik posted:

He's a Tory, but a thoughtful, rather melancholy one, so perhaps not completely hateful.

A thoughtful, rather melancholy rat is still a rat.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not really seeing why I should vote tactically for Labour in the South West. The Greens, while :downs: over nuclear, are still further to the left, and more involved in Europe.

WHATEVER YOU DO THOUGH GUYS DON'T VOTE UKIP THOUGH HERE HAVE MY 5000 WORD ESSAY ON IT :byodood:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

baka kaba posted:

I think you should probably spell out exactly what you're saying here first

I'd say it was pretty obvious what he's saying. :unsmigghh:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I'll be the new Lib Dem leader. Keep an eye out for the (Combat) Liberal(ism and Spread) Democra(cy) (Ml-CBGBs) coming to a polling station near you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

LemonDrizzle posted:

Courtesy of the telegraph, a guide to retiring in comfort in your mid-40s: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...four-years.html

So there you go: all you have to do is destroy family housing and ruin a few residential areas by cramming six adults into homes designed for 2 and a couple of kids!

This is a good way to structure a society. This is the best way we have of organising resources. This is the culmination of centuries of progress and innovation. :smith:

e: hey there phoneposting

mrpwase fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 31, 2014

• Locked thread