Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Yeah seeing TUSC on my local list was a pleasant surprise after last time. Unless they're actually the devil, in which case gently caress

Also long time no see megathread, how's tricks? Still as unpleasant and horrible for those earning under £25k as usual?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Well they're getting rid of all the agency teams working at the Plymouth MDEC in a week's time - all of them, even the people who've been working there for three years, because of 'a change in the MDEC and low workload' two days after having a team briefing cancelled because they were too busy - so I'll be unemployed again! Hooray! I'm sure the privatisation of Royal Mail had nothing to do with this, nothing at all. I'm sure looking forward to them mass-hiring temps again after waiting long enough that they can legally get away with paying us minimum wage once more! Definitely not bitter!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Convexed posted:

drat. :( I grew up in Plymouth but haven't been back for a while. (As I've been sucked into London as the only place I can practise my profession, go figure!) How're things?

Still as grey and moderately awful as ever, fortunately the lesser evil of Labour kept control of the council here, but I haven't looked at the job situation in a while since this one had been great for my joints and skills.

JFK's closed a while back, if you remember there. The best sweaty beermold-coated hole in town!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Everything's creeping up to Drake's Circus alright. Although the owner of Dance Academy managed to get a whole bunch of racists angry a while back by offering to give the place to a charity so they could make it a mosque, which was hilarious.

• Locked thread