Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm learning so much about racism from Top Gear scandals. I had no idea 'slope' was offensive before then, or that the n-word was in Eeny Meeny. Always thought it was 'catch a tiger'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Saki posted:

Please tell me more about how Farage is totally Hitler, man.

In a time of economic instability, a charismatic right-wing leader moves from the fringes by blaming the nation's problems on a convenient 'Other'.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Spangly A posted:

is there any point pointing out to you that fascists aren't nazis and UKIP definitely are taking fascist positions, or are you going to keep arguing from absurdity to hide the fact you're a clueless wanker?

Also if you aren't defacing UKIP billboards then you're all terrible lefties and should be ashamed. gently caress all advertisement on the principle of "rich people deserve to gently caress with your brain" but gently caress it even more when it's racist.

I tried, but it was resistant to a key-ing. Someone else had added a small, unobtrusive eye-level sticker to it, on which was written 'lol no'.

A week later it had been painted blue, but not by someone who got an article in the Guardian. Maybe someone wrote a swear on it and the council had to fix it up.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Angepain posted:

I like the statue of Lady Justice with an EU blindfold at 2:30. They do realise the blindfold is meant to be a good thing, right?

What are you talking about? How is Lady Justice supposed to know they're Arabs, and therefore deserve everything they get?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
That's the poster near me that got covered. I suggest either:

The aforementioned goatse. Just add the hands (and ring) and trust those in the know to get it.

Just spray 'oval office' on it, and watch the local council paint it over the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
There must be something in the water regarding rebranding people you're dealing with.

Back when I worked for the Work Programme it was always 'clients'. But now I work for a debt collection agency, and we're getting new guidelines to call the debtors 'clients'. Which is confusing when we're working as a 3rd party and have an actual dictionary-definition client as well.

I think it is, unironically, political correctness gone mad. As though changing the word makes someone happier about being told they owe money.

• Locked thread