Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Trickjaw posted:

Its Shakey, and he got you :)
Can the dickhead stop 'getting' people, he isnt funny. Yes you 'Shakey', you arent amusing at all, gently caress off basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Whats your motivation? Isnt the ironic posting offensive bollocks joke getting a bit tired now?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Well im glad we cleared that up. Would you care to elabourate at all or is the next response going to be no mate

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Ah don't think he iz gettin it doe, blad!
I get it fine its just not funny. How about joining in with the debate instead of trolling. I loving hate meta net trolls. Ok carry on, as im sure you will anyway.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Shakespearean Beef posted:

I love to debate, on the information superhighway. What would you like to debate
Id love to but ive got to go and babysit for the night, you carry on amusing everyone with your zany meta ironic bollocks though, im sure some people appreciate it.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

BBC news says he got 8 years.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Mature student information request. After ive done my exams at the end of the month can I sign on for the summer break? I'll be looking for some temp job obviously but if I cant get one am I allowed or am I still officially employed sort of.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Kegluneq posted:

You're a student until you've graduated, I believe, so you probably can't sign on. (I'm currently royally hosed by a similar situation. :smith:) OTOH they might make an exception if you are going to be looking for full time work.
Ok, thanks i'll make a note of your username and if I find anything else out i'll let you know.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Yep, ta, will do.

e: The bugger of it is that there are plently of temp shelf stacking things round here which would do me fine but ive got a criminal record which causes problems with shops etc. Never bothered the software jobs (15 years worth), they didnt even check but with shops they always do. Got a caution for a weapon and a few tickets for shoplifting, this was all a bloody long time ago, im a good boy now but they show up on the CRB check and it kinda rules you out of anything that runs a check. Might have to resort to call center, ah well it will only be for a couple of months.

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 13:24 on May 5, 2014

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Good opportunity for a kickstarter, ive got 5 quid in my change box ... anyone?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Private Eye posted:

I know I'm going to get pilloried here, but I agree. Things are poo poo for a chunk of the country yes, but things are poo poo for a chunk of every country's population. It's not like the UK is some outlying state that inflicts a unique rightwing approach to it citizens, which the rest of the world condemns us for. This is a neoliberal planet, and the problems you get here will be identical over the world. Very few if any countries have a moral high-ground to lecture the UK.

Honestly I find it laughable that leftwing posters here are considering/moving to the US and Russia after complaining about the conditions here. To complain about the UK being unequal/ homophobic/ right wing and everything else that's poo poo about a centre-right country and then move to a brazenly-right wing country that would unashamedly call the UK relatively leftwing is baffling.

Its not like UKIP is a uniquely British affair either, there are similar parties springing up and doing well all around Europe (including Scandinavia).
I agree with you mostly but for me id just go somewhere with a nice climate instead of here with months of dreary cold and pissing rain. I know it sounds trite but if you are going to be somewhere poo poo (pretty much everywhere) you might as well somewhere with nice weather and beaches. I am an EU person, technically I could go and live in Mallorca if it wasnt for personal reasons (and i cant speak loving spanish), that was supposed to be the whole point of the EU wasnt it, mobility.

The scandanvion counttrys are supposed to be pretty great arent they, lots of co-ops etc?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

The trouble about going somewhere in the EU is really you probably have to speak the language. I don't know about you lot but I got a C in GCSE German which means I might just be able to make myself understood, barely. To actually become fluent you have to go immerse yourself in the country for a good while. So you cant just apply for a developer job in Spain or whatever because you wont be able to talk to half the people until you have been there for 6 months or something. I tried learning Spanish for a laugh and I'm poo poo, its not a skill I possess.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

SybilVimes posted:

I disagree with that, I worked with a spanish company (as essentially a contractor via my UK employer), and while there were language troubles, they had an english speaker or two there, and when I went over there to do some intensive time with them, it was possible to work with them quite easily, and I felt that I'd probably have picked up bits of the language pretty quickly if I were to work with them physically for more than a few days.

The source code was all in english (well, american) anyway, as was 99% of the documentation.
Ok thank you i'll store that info in the memory banks :)

Isnt the main problem though that hardly any of us UK citizens are at least bi-lingual? It seems like practically everyone else has at least 2 languages. English and whatever. More compulsary learning of another language in schools maybe?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Right so to clarify for the EU zone French is the most usefull second language to have?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

haakman posted:

Just popping in to say gently caress the a12 and doublefuck lorry drivers.
Ah, I used to know it well. Colchester, Tiptree, Kelevedon, Whitham, hatfield pev(however you spell that) that place before Chelmsford etc.

What happened it used to be pretty mellow?

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 6, 2014

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Trickjaw I was more talking about the road but my upper esophagus irritation is doing allot better thank you :)

Seriously that was always quites a nice drive, has it gone mental or have i missed the point/joke.

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 6, 2014

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

I cant sleep (cos my loving girlfriends snoring again) so I was listening to business matters on bbc world service it usually just annoys the gently caress out of me but they had an interview with the guy who just released the book about how capitlism doesnt work and a big debate afterwards. Was interesting, will prolly be on iPlayer.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

tentish klown posted:

Is there any problem with a mandatory £50 (or whatever) fine for missing appointments without extenuating circumstances?
Maybe they didnt manage to get there BECAUSE THEY WERE ILL?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

SybilVimes posted:

The 'have to hit redial repeatedly at 8:30 and hope to get in the first 3-4 calls answered' is annoying
That is amazingly annoying isn't. I lived somewhere once where they also asked what was wrong, none of your loving business was my usual response but seriously it must have been the clinics policy because they always did it, i lived there for quite a while. I'm sure the admin people were overworked and at least competent but no offence I don't want to describe my highly personal medical issues to a loving secretary.

e: my currunt one texts you to remind you a few times, its very helpfull, same system as the other guys have mentioned i guess.

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 7, 2014

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27305266

Question, if you were nearly 60 and faced with rest of life in nick, wouldnt you leg it if given the chance?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

LemonDrizzle posted:

Labour made a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1BaQkH_q2s

It's... well, it's a thing. Almost on par with the BNP's thing.
Is that actualy official? Im all for political parties making comedy videos ... actually no im not ... gently caress me im confused and cant finish this post, sorry.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

It was actually vaguely well done but I'm not sure
Ok hows this. It was very well done and produced, got the points across just about, but wasn't at all funny, would that sum it up accurately?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

winegums posted:

I chuckled a few times. Not side splitting, but I think they captured the idea of the Tories sitting around a table saying "how can we be bigger bastards?" quite well.
Hah well I lol at 8 of 10 cats and the big bang theory so im not really a good judge of funny :)

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hahaha, holy gently caress, that telegraph article. Those stuck up shits spend more than I make in a loving year sending their kids to loving boarding school than I make in a loving year of design work and they have the loving nerve to state they're having problems making ends meet? It's people like this that make me realise that Britain is hosed. The people who do the actual jobs that require effort or skill get paid gently caress all and the guys at the top just juggle money while leeching off workers and get millions for doing it. Burn the rich, Jesus Christ.
Im pretty much just quoting you just so anyone who missed it would read it becasue its so spot on. The most I ever made was 32k, and I was an engineer making and doing things. This moaning tosser is a financial arsehole flipping money and producing nothing. I dont know him but I hate him.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

SybilVimes posted:

These articles are click bait, the premise is that they know 100k, 120k, 250k is an 'absurd' amount to be saying 'we're poor' with, they want you to be outraged that someone could be so out of touch, and thus click on the link, then share it with all your friends.
For what purpose? just loving ad traffic is that what you are saying?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

CptAwesome posted:

Is that really that outlandish?
Well no but from a big newspaper?!?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

TinTower posted:

As far as I'm aware, anyone can apply for an Islamic Account, can't they?
Cant they just do that system by default then? If I lie about my religion (not that I have any) I can save a few bucks right? I'll do it but it seems a bit silly. Do you have to prove somehow you are a muslim or do you just check a box?

e: oh i see on re-reading you get no interest but no fees. im converting to allah!

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 10, 2014

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Taratang posted:

Anyone can apply for it but most people expect to earn interest on their accounts so no, it shouldn't be the default.
I was just thinking practically. The couple of pence I might make in interest will be allot less usefull than the 30 quid fine I get for going overdrawn, make sense?

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

To make it clear, I'm simply suggesting that if you are piss poor like me this is the go to account type. No you don't get any interest but it would be gently caress all anyway but if you cock up you don't get a fee. That sounds perfect to me.

If you are a rich type i expect it wouldnt help you.

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 10, 2014

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

EvilGenius posted:

I'm furious that Gove is patching his pet project with that money. I have a daughter who goes to school in 3 years, and I literally feel like he's a danger to her future.

Diverting money away from real schools and moving places over to free schools is such hypocrisy. It's supposed to be about choice. I don't want my daughter going anywhere near a free school - what about my choice, you arrogant, self-absorbed, oval office.

Sorry, this man just defies belief.

Edit: This was obviously in response to a post about Gove, that I've now lost. Still... oval office.
You can use that word for that man. Its a stupid plan that was obviously doomed to fail to anyone with half a brain (and has failed) so ... lets just say irresponsible arsehole.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Zephro posted:

I think you're underselling the problems of PFI, a lot of which arise from the fact that you have to manage the projects with a contract rather than through a traditional management structure. That requires you to specify everything through the contract. That's impossible, but trying leads to a bunch of absurdities.
I worked on a military PFI a few years back and 1 of the senior developers and one of the managers (who was also an experienced dev) had to spend pretty much all their time working on the details of the contract instead of doing any actual work. It did get done, just, but I cant help but think if it was just done in public hands there were would have been more people doing actual work and it would have been more efficient.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

haha do it do it, we got to make that viral, is that your creation? if so good job!

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Robot Mil posted:

How does this actually change anything or make it a 'fair deal'? OK it's good that agencies will have to publish their fees, but they are still charging ridiculous fees for things that they shouldn't and publishing them won't change that. If they had shame or people had more choice, maybe, but they don't.
Well the main problem is that they always keep your deposit so they can do a free refit, they hire a pro cleaning service for a full treatment even if you have done an great spring clean (which i gave up bovering on years ago when i realised how pointless it was) then they get the painters and decoraters to give it a once over and thats your deposit gone. cunts. i just stopped bothering paying their last months rent when i moved, said sorry im late and just hosed off leaving them with my deposit to cover the last month.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

ookiimarukochan posted:

assumption that renters, especially renters who are busy moving, don't have the time or money to be able to fight their case
Well exactly, its just the easiest effort solution. Im aware of all the loving take before and after picture stuff and blah blah but ive been stiffed by agencies so many times i have no problem with doing what ive done. Got a life to live, dont really need to be in loving mediation for months on end. They can have the deposit, they just dont get the last months rent.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Arent the 'nationlist' partys just a perfect example of cognitive dissonance?

Fact: Its already bloody hard to become a UK citizen.
Fact: The UK has treaty obligations to allow us or anyone to work anywhere in the EU. e: though why you want to loving come here though i dont know

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 14, 2014

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

SybilVimes posted:

When I was going to the hospital yesterday, the taxi driver had R4 on, and they had :clegg: on about the european elections, and he was insistant that it's not THOSE immigrants they want to stop, it's the ones that come here just to claim benefits from day 1; even though that isn't possible as has been proven time and time again.

So there you go, 'they're here stealing our benefits' is now the lib dem position too
Yeah I heard that too. The lady did him give him a bloody good grilling though didnt she, good on the beeb for a change! He came off like the tosser that he is :)

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Private Speech posted:

edit: I mean, at least when compared to other countries. Obviously there are plenty of reasons to move, and to some extent these do include not having a job or already being poor in a country with worse living standards.
If you have plat go search up my previous moans, they basically said if i didnt have 'reasons' id gently caress straight off

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Yodel are scum.
Are they really poo poo then? My partner mentioned possibly using them for her sideline business thing.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

The worst part is the loving archers omibus on Sunday morning. I loving hate the archers :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Squalitude posted:

Let's get some cheer up here! I had a great experience a few years back, our east London letting agency went into administration, meaning we didn't have to deal with any of their bullshit for the last 9 months of the tenancy, the actual landlords were nice people who sorted out the (very few) problems quickly and efficiently, and when it came to our deposit - which we were shitscared about because if a bankrupted letting agency didn't put our deposit in the protection scheme then how can you sue them for compensation? - we just got it all back with no hassle, which is the only time that's ever happened.

If only every letting agency could go bankrupt!
Brought a tear to my eye sunshine :)

• Locked thread