Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

a pipe smoking dog posted:

A major fraud trial has just been stayed because the defendants can't afford proper representation because of the legal aid cuts to very high cost crimes, which basically means that it is now impossible for the crown to prosecute in complex cases. Really Chris Grayling should be forced to resign over this but I doubt it will even make the lunchtime news.

Also the defence barrister (working pro bono) is Alexander Cameron QC better known as the PMs brother.

This really needs to be a major scandal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

PoshAlligator posted:

But those ingredients would stretch over more than one sandwich. Put them in the fridge and you could have sandwiches every day for a fraction of the price.

But you'll have to have sandwiches every day otherwise some of that food is going to go off.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

The housing bubble isn't going to pop anytime soon, at least not without a really radical overhaul to the entirety of property and planning law in the UK. When people get all alarmed about the bubble 'popping' what they really mean is that it will stop inflating at its current rate, something that should be a concern for all those that invested in property as an actually investment, but this not something that is going to act as a deflationary pressure on house prices. Prices in London - at least within zone 2 - aren't going anywhere as they are being fuelled by international finance and will remain resilient against anything other than a total global economic meltdown/revolution. For the rest of the UK the problem will be if interest rates rise, threatening the profits of b2l landlords, who will probably panic and put up rents. None of those b2l landlords will be selling their housing thought because that would be to definitely to lose money. So really when the bubble 'pops' it will result in the stagnation of the market, not a crash. Sure this will have ramifications for the rest of the UK economy (bad ones), but housing isn't going to get cheaper anytime in the future and rents will probably rise even more sharply.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

General China posted:

I like to spoil my ballot paper in appreciation of the chartists and suffragettes .

Because I can, thanks to them.

My favourite suffragette anecdote is looking after a slightly confused old lady in the day room of a geriatric ward as a student nurse. The cricket was on telly. She turned round and told me that she was very good at bowling over arm because her brother taught her. I asked her if she used to play cricket and was treated with scorn. She got her brother to teach her over arm bowling so she could teach other suffragettes to throw bricks a longer distance.

She proudly told me that they put in every window down Oxford Street.

Quoting, because this is amazing and should be repeated :sun:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

:vince: this photo couldn't be more perfect

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

I moved from Burnley to Bradford and then to Cambridge and :drat: this place is white and middle class.

I mean, I am as well, but I find it weird how many other people don't realise how weird this city* is in that regard.

(*actually its size of a large village).

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

I've used Vivaciti in the past and they were great. Same as other have said about small companies, excluded from the bollocks thats attached to larger providers with personalised service. Since I tend to have very high bandwith usage there LLU package was ideal for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Just stoping by to lol at how all the most outraged posters and radicals in this thread are somehow unable to vote today, willing to spoil their ballot, or waste their vote on some complete joke party.

• Locked thread