Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Umiapik posted:

(note, according to the nearest figures I can lay my hands on, there are about 1.9m private landlords in the uk, but over 9m renters.)

The last time I looked at this (to try and do some kind of data vis), there's still more landlords and homeowners that actually vote though. I might have to try and dig the stats up again, as it was difficult finding accurate and recent figures for both (as well as voting intention) though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Subway recently opened a franchise in Brick Lane. Opposite two Jewish bakeries that sell salt beef home-baked bagels, one of which is open all night.

I don't think I've seen a single person set foot in the place.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Pilchenstein posted:

I really don't get the homemade sandwich vs subway thing going on here - surely the deciding factor is geography? Or are you lot carrying bread and meat around town in your pockets just in case you get peckish?

I carry a little snackbox full of nuts, dried fruit and biltong but that's mainly because I'm trying to keep an eye on what I eat and have a decent supply of protein for after the gym. Also found it's pretty useful for the nightbus home after the booze.

As for the halal thing - I thought most meat in the UK/EU was stunned before killing anyway, regardless of wether it's halal or not?

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Can anyone remember the story about that company that threatened to move to Switzerland over taxes, did so and then moved back because its bankers hated living there? Need it for an argument!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Wicked, thanks KKKlean Energy and SybilVymes!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

The gently caress is this thread having a go at the KLF what's wrong with you.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

I'm hoping Channel 4 News' plug for the Greens last night might have helped push some undecideds their way.

I'm wrong aren't I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

Fluo posted:

Also just post the full photo, cropping is pretty dumb.

I want a comedy arse like that now. Mine's not funny at all.

• Locked thread