Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zero Gravitas posted:

Honestly, Shakey, I thought you'd be putting more effort into it.

Where's your old avatar? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zero Gravitas posted:

Eh, I fancied a change. I spend a lot of my time talking about Space these days. Dissertation on rocket nozzles due next friday. :science:

Awesome, good luck with that!

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

HortonNash posted:

They have a pretty murky history of sterilising people though don't they.

Yeah, Sweden stopped compulsory sterilisation in 1976, and Switzerland was even later - mid-1980s. I studied a while in Sweden, and while Sweden is in some respects quite leftist and socially progressive, it's incredibly authoritarian in its approach, and it's 'equality in that everyone is the same, and should act the same', rather than being particularly tolerant of variance/diversity.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Christ, I was unaware of this, I was only referring to the sterilisation on eugenics grounds of the disabled, and other 'undesirables'. That was ignorance on my part, rather than anything malicious.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
So, uh, if anyone was following the Strangecoin thread, do you know either a) what happened or b) why it's disappeared?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Radio Prune posted:

Acceptance of the homogays is Cultural Marxism, itself a Jewish, Communist (Jewish) plot to destroy the White race.

I like cultural Marxism. It's like Marxism with a cinema.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
God. I'm in an airport with a bunch of City boys with the most insufferable voices laughing about the killing their respective firms made on the Royal Mail flotation, and how 'frightfully awful' it is that the Astro-Zeneca takeover doesn't seem to be happening. Also heard: 'my dear boy, what you want, London wants' and 'my suit costs more than his car'.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Baudolino posted:

A load of uniformed tripe.

Congrats on voting for right wing idiots on the basis of complete misconceptions about the functioning of parliaments and international relations generally and the European Parliament specifically, I guess.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Fluo posted:

If you can't laugh at the nazis, the nazis have won in my opinion.

You get the idea.

I want to watch this show.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Fluo posted:

Danger 5 owns, all I can describe it as is Garth Marenghi's Darkplace set in World War 2.

Here's a playlist of one of the episodes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0OQk_vShg&list=PLCA88447EF0DFB80B

Awesome thanks!

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Pissflaps posted:

I don't think it is. 'British' is the demonym for someone from the UK, whereas for someone from the Republic it's Irish.

Nationality is a political concept, not geographic.

Yep, Pissflaps is right on this one, the nation is a social construct in which territory plays a part rather than the other way around.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

TinTower posted:

Can we just talk about Monster Munch?

Tortilla chips are better.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Spangly A posted:

UKMT June: After a Night of Wrong Votes

UKIP June: campaign for real dales