Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Here's some mature doodles from this weekend.

What does toilet paper eat?

Poop

Where does sauerkraut come from?

Hotdogs puke it onto themselves

I answered the tough questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Triangle posted:

ping pong

This it's great fer reals & I'm totally jealous, but I think you may have forced the perspective just a bit too much. Cool as poo poo regardless.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Triangle posted:

exaggerated perspective was a goal with that painting

Your mom was exaggerated...Jerk. but nah I heart yer t'werk.

I gots some t'werk i needs an opinion on, and i'll upload it in short order.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 6, 2014

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Whelp, as promised here's some previews of my skool poo poo.

I have to re-imagine/illustrate a "children's book cover". Louis Sinclair's Babbitt is a "children's" book right?

It's a bit(totally) complicated. Now I get why the teacher said kiddies book illustration. this poo poo is totally complicated yo. The original notion was to redesign Alice in Wonderland. Which is pretty effing basic in comparison.

Babbitt is a difficult story to describe to someone who hasn't read it. essentially it's the 1920's Seinfled. A story about nothing, the American dream, the Bourgeoisie ideal status symbols.

What Wikipedia Says about BABBITT

no 1 here is the early iterations of the cover, Babbitt is obsessed w/ time and the notions of it, no 2 is the best iteration so far. wherein he needs to still have the time vortex (spiral) engulfing him. I really like the idea of the silhouette of Babbitt contrasted with the spine and overall comp, but more importantly the vortex needs to include all the status symbols that Babbitt holds dear. Which upon further reading of the story seems to expand to a ridiculous level and I'm not sure if I can actually illustrate his bourgeoisie lifestyle entirely.

So far I have a vortex of time, with a few limited objects. It really needs to have a lot more of the things that Babbitt really sees as being necessary to the quality of his life. I guess it's really the "AMERICAN DREAM" so-to-speak, but I'm not 100% on how to Illustrate that idea within these confines, without being overly complicated.

tldr:HELP!! Give me an opinion.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 09:56 on May 6, 2014

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Earth to Terra posted:

I finally picked up my first graphics tablet. It's awkward as hell so far, but I'm determined to get my money's worth.

Just stop now. This is horrible.
It isn't, I'm just jealous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Das Boo posted:

More character design homework:

You have to have a mascot character. :cthulhu:

I hates you and your skillz.

Critique time yo! The boney-tooth thing gets a bit lost when I see these images as separate pieces. I don't know how far you need to take the concept/how much time you have (likely not much...finals yo!...) I personally get the :cthulhu: theme...partially because you led me down that path. I'd be great if the artwork made a concise/complete illustration of that. Long live the old ones:cthulhu:!!

Edit: a description world be super handy here. A picture is worth ba thousand words...so loving get writing...ya know a context is super helpful.

Edit 2: which is the top vs bottom? In the smaller thumbnail I see a catfish-like critter. In th main focal point I see something much more eel like. Further examination makes them feel like different observational (iterate) views of separate creatures...I feel like their relation us s bit tenuous right now...I get that they are a portion of a view if the same critter so that's successful, but I'm interested to see the minutiae of their anatomy n

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 10:20 on May 22, 2014

• Locked thread