Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Xbox One posted:

Bill Buckner, he played right defensive midfielder for the Boston Red Sox and lost his team the 1986 World Series Cup.

Imagine 'Pool hasn't won the league in 100 years and Gerrard did that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18caPNisP2U

Laces..out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Xbox One posted:

Bill Buckner, he played right defensive midfielder for the Boston Red Sox and lost his team the 1986 World Series Cup.

Imagine 'Pool hasn't won the league in 100 years and Gerrard did that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18caPNisP2U

He totally redeemed himself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9RLQK_BbZg

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 512 days!
Posting the best Curb bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0AH0hHWrYc

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Whatever happens it's been a great season :unsmith:

Please win Everton

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

jooky posted:

No because baseball is poo poo

Eh, I guess my point didn't really work because John Henry didn't take over the Red Sox until 2002, oh well.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Moktaro posted:

Eh, I guess my point didn't really work because John Henry didn't take over the Red Sox until 2002, oh well.

Well that and the fact that nobody gives a poo poo about baseball.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Looks like Brendan bottled it.

I know, I can't believe he's guaranteed a 3rd or better finish.

Totally bottled that 5th or worse placement.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Ewar Woowar posted:

Whatever happens it's been a great season :unsmith:

Please win Everton

I could see Everton beating City...then Liverpool losing to Palace on Monday

Also, I really hope Villa get relegated

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Shrapnig posted:

Well that and the fact that nobody gives a poo poo about baseball.

So bitter, did your team fall down and go boom or something?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Moktaro posted:

So bitter, did your team fall down and go boom or something?

Bitter about what? I don't give a poo poo about baseball.

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 512 days!
The thing that unites baseball and soccer-football is that they are the sports with the dumbest players. Well, and hockey players, but in an endearing canadian way. And us-football players after a few years in the league. What I am saying is athletes are generally pretty dumb.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Pissflaps more like Shitposts lol

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
With Chelsea's departure from the CL, and with the EPL title seemingly out of reach, I don't really know what's left to root for except rooting against Liverpool so I hope Liverpool FC continue their slip down the standings table and lose the Liverpool Derby to Chrystal Pallus on Tuesday

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Look at all the backpasses. What a dark age for association football.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

ephex posted:

I wish for Liverpool to win the titles so The Finn can end his adminship on a high note.

I hope it forces him to stay on like Istanbul did for Stevie G

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

So Roberto Martinez just had a moan about the loan system not allowing him to play Gareth Barry against City, just a few weeks after he moaned over Wenger moaning about players not being allowed to play against the club their loaned out from. It's a funny old game.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Liverpool are again being linked to signing Ben Arfa. Kind of wish we'd sold him for £15m when he was still worth that much. I wonder if any manager will manage to make him play well consistently

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Number of Player of the Month awards in 13-14 by team:

Liverpool 5
Sunderland 2
Arsenal 1
Man City 1
Newcastle 1

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Newcastle supporters are planning a 69th minute walk out against Cardiff in protest of Pardew/Ashley

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Why 69th minute?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Blue Screen Error posted:

Why 69th minute?

Because it's best funny number between 1 and 90

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Blue Screen Error posted:

Why 69th minute?

Because that's when most of them were planning to leave anyway.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Because it's best funny number between 1 and 90

This and also because Newcastle last won a trophy in 1969

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Can someone make some more analogies so that I can relate my best Barclay's English Premier League team West Ham United Football Club to a baseball team and/or player? Thanks.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

What about the Championship trophy and also the Intertoto Cup

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Bogan Krkic posted:

Can someone make some more analogies so that I can relate my best Barclay's English Premier League team West Ham United Football Club to a baseball team and/or player? Thanks.

West Ham are like a poo poo Baseball team with a oval office for a manager.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Newcastle supporters are planning a 69th minute walk out against Cardiff in protest of Pardew/Ashley

This seems a bit dramatic.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It means that you don't have to watch Newcastle play which we can all agree is a good thing at the minute. I'll stay until the end though :shepface:

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Jose posted:

Seems pointless, they should know by now that Ashley doesn't give a gently caress what other people say or do unless it's losing him money.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

This seems a bit dramatic.

Not really. When there is evidence to suggest that the players, manager and directors are actively not trying, it's pretty insulting to the fans. Though of course a full boycott would be more effective.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Yes, walk out of the stadium after already spending a ton of money on tickets and pies and lining Ashley's pockets, that'll sure show 'em

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
It makes no sense to leave on the 69th minute when you've already paid for a ticket. Why not protest by not actually going and giving the club money?

e; GOD drat IT

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I think a much better protest would be all the fans to start 69ing each other at the 69th minute, much more of an impact imo and everyone has a good time

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27258633

Man, Mourinho is pissed.

quote:

"[Hazard is] not mentally ready to look to his left-back and leave his life for him."

Mourinho added: "Normally you get these kind of comments from players like him, from players that can't resolve a problem like we had in the first goal.

"If you see the first goal of Atletico you completely understand where the mistake was and why we conceded that goal."

That's pretty vicious. I wonder if Abramovich is going to step in before Mourinho lashes out at every flair player Chelsea has.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

quote:

Miguel Delaney @MiguelDelaney
Mourinho: "When comments come from player like Eden, the comments are normal, because he's not the player to sacrifice."

Miguel Delaney @MiguelDelaney
Mourinho asked if he's happy with Hazard's defensive commitment: "No, I'm not happy. He needs to improve."

Hazard had a good run

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Newcastle will be winning 1-0, everyone will leave, Cardiff win 2-1 and avoid relegation.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Sell him to City, he was gonna come here until Chelsea parked the bus and made gary neville cum.

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
this season has been so loving pointless

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Newcastle will be winning 1-0, everyone will leave, Cardiff win 2-1 and avoid relegation.

If we lose it means more chance Sunderland go down at least :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

If we lose it means more chance Sunderland go down at least :v:

ohnoooo.jpg

• Locked thread