Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Didnt hazard throw out a bunch of comments about Mourinho's style after the loss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

TheRat posted:

Didnt hazard throw out a bunch of comments about Mourinho's style after the loss?

Yeah, that's what Jose's reacting to.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

TheRat posted:

He's got a point considering how much good it did them this season

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
drat he's so interesting, looks like the other managers have been schooled again

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
The ideal situation would be City or Liverpool winning the league on goal difference over Chelsea, just to ram it down the dour smug gently caress's throat.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

The ideal situation would be City or Liverpool winning the league on goal difference over Chelsea, just to ram it down the dour smug gently caress's throat.

Yes. City should drop points to help make that happen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I don't think I'm going to watch the liverpool match being at the 6-0 was really bad

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Jose posted:

I don't think I'm going to watch the liverpool match being at the 6-0 was really bad

Especially since Liverpool might need about 13 to win the league this time around.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Alienate your best midfielder until he leaves then start in on your new best midfielder. What a manager!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I wonder if Jimmy Milner is basically Jose Mourinho's ideal midfielder. Runs for 90 minutes, is positionally aware, tracks back, can put in a decent pass/cross to the single tricky/fast one in the team.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I wonder if Jimmy Milner is basically Jose Mourinho's ideal midfielder. Runs for 90 minutes, is positionally aware, tracks back, can put in a decent pass/cross to the single tricky/fast one in the team.

Jimmy can't pass sadly, Mou wouldn't be a fan.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

It's also funny that he blames Hazard for not tracking back rather than the 6 loving defenders he started.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CaptainRightful posted:

It's also funny that he blames Hazard for not tracking back rather than the 6 loving defenders he started.

Do you not understand how bus parking works? 6 is not enough.

Hazard was legit 100% at fault for the first goal. He didn't do his job in the system.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 2, 2014

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Serious question: if Newcastle forfeited the last match and Liverpool needed whatever GD to win, would they automatically lose? Would be hilariously tragic

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...

Eau de MacGowan posted:

He'd be up there. Willian is probably Mou's ideal midfielder. He's disciplined in his positioning and very strong in the tackle, while having the stamina and pace to support or instigate counters.

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 512 days!
Why isn't mou after Pogba? Seems like a good use of the oil $

Matic, Pogba and William is an alpha midfield

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

CaptainRightful posted:

Alienate your best midfielder until he leaves then start in on your new best midfielder. What a manager!

During the CL game someone mentioned how Hazard wasn't defending properly... I couldn't help but think of another creative midfielder who couldn't/wouldn't defend that Jose sold.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

tbp posted:

Serious question: if Newcastle forfeited the last match and Liverpool needed whatever GD to win, would they automatically lose? Would be hilariously tragic

I think a forfeit goes down as a 3-0 victory for the non-forfeiting side.

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

CaptainRightful posted:

Hazard is great and I love him but he made the comments first and Mourinho reacted to them. What would you expect?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I'm an idiot

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Whoops ignore me

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ephex posted:

Whoops ignore me

nice quote edit really good

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Gigi Galli posted:

nice quote edit really good

I'll never recover

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

sassassin posted:

Do you not understand how bus parking works? 6 is not enough.

Hazard was legit 100% at fault for the first goal. He didn't do his job in the system.
Hazard was at fault but that's always the risk when you play a not fully fit winger, who is questionable defensively at the best of times, and expect him to constantly cover his fullback. He's done a pretty solid job so far this season but tracking runners isn't his game and building the tactics around him doing so was pretty mental.

e: Hazard was also dumb as poo poo for kicking up a fuss after being at fault though, and since it's Chelsea I figure I will just class them all as equally poo poo and fail.

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 512 days!

Redundant posted:

Hazard was at fault but that's always the risk when you play a not fully fit winger, who is questionable defensively at the best of times, and expect him to constantly cover his fullback. He's done a pretty solid job so far this season but tracking runners isn't his game and building the tactics around him doing so was pretty mental.

What they should do is sell him and Oscar, and then incrementally buy another midfielder with a bit more lust for the tackle, and keep doing this until they have turned over every interchangeable #10/winger worth a drat.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
The problem with 'parking the bus' is the implication that your team is not good enough to go toe-to-toe with the opposition. A player as good as Hazard wants to attack and be proactive. I think this is what went wrong for Jose at Real Madrid; rightly or wrongly, the players didn't want to be held back against top opposition.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Xbox One posted:

What they should do is sell him and Oscar, and then incrementally buy another midfielder with a bit more lust for the tackle, and keep doing this until they have turned over every interchangeable #10/winger worth a drat.
Hmmm, that sounds very similar to their policy when it comes to the managerial position.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Eric Cantonese posted:

I think a forfeit goes down as a 3-0 victory for the non-forfeiting side.
It does but there's provisions in the PL rulebook iirc to stop teams from doing it, if a team forfeited for tactical reasons there's about a 99.99999% chance they'd be docked points and fined and kicked out of the league and all that sort of thing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

J Hume posted:

The problem with 'parking the bus' is the implication that your team is not good enough to go toe-to-toe with the opposition. A player as good as Hazard wants to attack and be proactive. I think this is what went wrong for Jose at Real Madrid; rightly or wrongly, the players didn't want to be held back against top opposition.

Players with this kind of ego let their teammates down in big games which is exactly what Jose is talking about.

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 512 days!

sassassin posted:

Players with this kind of ego let their teammates down in big games which is exactly what Jose is talking about.

Sounds like Mou doesn't know how to manage the modern player in the modern game

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

chuggo is BACK posted:

drat he's so interesting, looks like the other managers have been schooled again

I love that as much as Jose gets into it with other managers, he saves his best sick burns for his own players. Masterclass.

sassassin posted:

Sounds like managers with this kind of ego let their clubs down which is exactly what Eden is talking about? Makes you wonder.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

sassassin posted:

ohnoooo.jpg

Yeah 'cos you lot will be going balls out to deny Sunderland 3 points on the last day.

Unless Cardiff are already down I suppose.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

DickEmery posted:

Yeah 'cos you lot will be going balls out to deny Sunderland 3 points on the last day.

Unless Cardiff are already down I suppose.

Swim away

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Jimmy can't pass sadly

wrong

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

cheese posted:

Sounds like managers with this kind of ego let their clubs down which is exactly what Eden is talking about? Makes you wonder.

Eden shouldnt publicly critisize his club.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

It's been such a ridiculous season, it could go either way, we could finally win at Everton, OR Liverpool could be handed the title by their local rivals, neither would surprise me any more!

Xbox One
Apr 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 512 days!
Some thoughts on that photo montage:

I'd like to think we've been letting them become dependent on Gareth all season just for this moment.

It's funny seeing Lescott back in Everton colors.

2010-2011 sash kits were the best.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Even Chelsea players think they play poo poo football.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheRat posted:

Eden shouldnt publicly critisize his club.

Hey, Mou called him a little horse, what did you expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Do it for Ric Wee

• Locked thread