Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Good. I hope he left United to Ryan Giggs in his will.

Also, I have to say it's pretty brilliant when people hate Spurs enough that they're willing to argue that Harry Redknapp is a good manager who deserves more support from his chairmen, in direct contravention of sanity and fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Born in my hometown, fortunately he took his wealth-siphoning ways to Tampa and Manchester

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

what if he left United to David Moyes

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

mynameisjohn posted:

https://twitter.com/DanielSandison/status/471743611240210432

lmao

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

mynameisjohn posted:

I imagine he'd ask Phil Neville what to do

Then glass someone

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

RIP the best owner in Prem history, I'm crying irl. Someone reassure me that there are still plenty more Glazers knocking about Old Trafford.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blue Screen Error posted:

RIP the best owner in Prem history, I'm crying irl. Someone reassure me that there are still plenty more Glazers knocking about Old Trafford.

They're a large family.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

crappledan posted:

The AVB decision was horrendous. Being battered by City and Liverpool aren't reasons to sack a manager unless you're a small time club and the whole idea of Spurs playing the 'worst football in a decade' is asinine when you consider the fact that AVB was leading Spurs to one of their highest point totals in club history. Spurs hired AVB to see out a long term project and sacked him at the first sign of struggle. Levy is clueless and overestimates his club's stature.

Did you watch any of our matches, or just read the score lines? The beginning of the season was made up of the jammiest, most undeserving wins, propped up by penalties. We played badly, we scored less than a goal a game. You can cover that up against bad teams, but against the big clubs, we were tactically battered and the scoreline showed this. The Liverpool and City scores weren't flukes, they were well deserved. There was no sign AVB was improving anything.

I mean yeah, we could have kept him but considering the form improved under Sherwood it wasn't a terrible decision. It seems to be people who don't actually support Spurs who feel the AVB decision was so shocking. Those who had to watch it could understand where it came from.

Levy was the long term plan and it worked very well. Trying to break Top 4 without the same resources, pay structure, glamour and income as the others is no doubt going to be a project that fails, but I'd rather we try while staying solvent, which is what he's doing.

Fat Turkey fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 29, 2014

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

TheBigAristotle posted:

Born in my hometown, fortunately he took his wealth-siphoning ways to Tampa and Manchester

Tampa Bay fans actually don't hate him like United fans do. He brought the team their first super bowl win and kept them from moving to another city.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

AVB left after huge fall outs that dated way back to before the season even started involving bale and the replacements. The atmosphere was completely toxic and he essentially quit. It had nothing to do with a couple of bad results and more the total collapse of relationships.

Sherwood wasn't a "real" manager, the amount of poo poo I've read about levy across the internet recently is hilarious but just shows every one just parrots each other.

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
lmao Joey Barton on question time talking about UKIP

"All you represent to me is UKIP is the best of a bad bunch, If am somewhere and there was 4 really ugly girls, all Im thinking is well she's not the worst. Because that's all you are"

Oh dear Joey, oh dear

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Liverpool have bought Rickie Lambert.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsene Wenger has signed a new deal with Arsenal until 2017.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsene Wenger has signed a new deal with Arsenal until 2017.

Content

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

tbp posted:

Content

1 trophy in 9 years

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

It's official. He's says the stadium rebuilding phase is over and that he'll spend all the money and continue to win trophies so lets hope he does it!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140530/wenger-signs-contract-extension

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Frankston posted:

1 trophy in 9 years

Shocking isn't it

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm excited to see Wenger sign all the world class players and win all of the trophies for the next three (3) years.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Liverpool have bought Rickie Lambert.

Wrong thread

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
A great video showing the masterminds Giggs, Scholes, Neville and Butt talk tactics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQIIQUxAqjI&hd=1

That is not a parody.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Whats wrong with that?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
so what's ya'lls butt tactics?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

TheRat posted:

Whats wrong with that?

It was harder to watch than a red sox player asking charlie adam if he played cricket

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I dont know what thats supposed to mean, but then again who gives a gently caress about baseball?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Hopefully next season Mata can get a real red devil magnet and not the shabby white handwritten one.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

TheRat posted:

I dont know what thats supposed to mean, but then again who gives a gently caress about baseball?

No one, I thought we were talking about how massively out of their depth all of uniteds back room staff are.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Strawman posted:

No one, I thought we were talking about how massively out of their depth all of uniteds back room staff are.

Ah yes, the temporary dudes talking about which youth teamers to use in a match that doesnt matter at all are massively out of depth.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

TheRat posted:

Ah yes, the temporary dudes talking about which youth teamers to use in a match that doesnt matter at all are massively out of depth.

Carrick and Giggs are youth teamers?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

They first said that giggs hadnt been training so he wouldnt play and then they were giving fellaini a match instead of carrick. The rest of the video was discussing two youth teamers. But "lol pooshited" I guess.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

TheRat posted:

They first said that giggs hadnt been training so he wouldnt play and then they were giving fellaini a match instead of carrick. The rest of the video was discussing two youth teamers. But "lol pooshited" I guess.

Nicky Butt has been in charge of the reserves so they were asking him about the best positions for Lawrence and Wilson.

Thought it was an interesting video

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TheRat posted:

"lol pooshited"

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TheRat posted:

7th place

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

TheRat posted:

pooed

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

TheRat posted:

"lol pooshited" I guess.

:omarcomin:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
It's 40 seconds of a squad discussion between very experienced and successful experts in the game, I don't see the funny side except for the fact that team came 7th because it's full of poo poo poo poo poo poo players.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

TheRat posted:

"lol pooshited"

:itwaspoo:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Was the actual show any good or is it coming soon?

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
Jimmy Bullard drinks Smirnoff Ice and pays £1.89 for a pint of milk. Tit.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/06/jimmy-bullard-small-talk-football

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

David Moyes wants a Champions League club.

I guess he shouldnt have finished in 7th place then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:

Private Eye posted:

Jimmy Bullard drinks Smirnoff Ice and pays £1.89 for a pint of milk. Tit.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/06/jimmy-bullard-small-talk-football

Have you ever knocked a man out? Clean out, yeah.

Was it anyone we might know? Yeah, Nick Barmby.

Is this really even much of an achievement? That's like knocking out a kitten.

• Locked thread