Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Current standings in the vote for the new page!

Lizardmen: 11
Necromantic: 15
Orks: 1
High Elf: 1
Khorne: 6
Undead: 1
Pro Elf: 1
Humans: 1

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

^^^^^^ welp

Current tally is

Necro - 15
Lizardmen - 11
Khorne - 6
Ork, Helf, Undead, Prelf, Human - 1

Those of you in the one-off pools feel free to change your vote because I doubt any team but the top two at this point win (Khorne is a strong dark horse contender though)

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'd be happy with any of the top 3. All three are interesting teams.

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
Skeleton ahead, therefore hurrah for skeleton! Necro gets my vote.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Lizzard.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Zaius posted:

Skeleton ahead, therefore hurrah for skeleton! Necro gets my vote.

Necro has zombones, not normal bones.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I love lizards almost as much as I love the Necromantic team.

Preemptive RIP in pieces for our dear ghouls †

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
Let's go with a Necromantic team!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Necromantic. They have good potential for star players while having a bunch of useless fodder that we can laugh at.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Gaghskull posted:

They have good potential for star players while having a bunch of useless fodder that we can laugh at.

I believe in the zombies. They come through when it really matters.

And nothing does interceptions better than a Flesh Golem.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Wardancers sound cool, Wood Elves.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Prav posted:

I believe in the zombies. They come through when it really matters.

And nothing does interceptions better than a Flesh Golem.

FG intercepts are beautiful, beautiful things.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The only version of Blood Bowl I've ever had my hands on is the XBOX 360 version, and that didn't have the Necros, so I'd like to see them in action.

Bellophon
Sep 26, 2012
Since it seems to be the most fun, let's go with Necro.

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!
You know I like the Necro.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lizardmen

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
My childhood obsession with Lizardmen permits no other vote.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Veloxyll posted:

FG intercepts are beautiful, beautiful things.

Only thing better are Treeman intercepts. The *one* player in a Wood Elf team you should be safe when passing over. I once got a touchdown with a treeman and it was magical.

That said, Lizards. Bastards are frustrating as all get-out to play against.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Necromantic, because they're one of my favorite teams.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Lizardmen
Because passing the ball is for sissies.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lizardmen don't need to pass very often, but they should be doing tons of hand-offs either for covering two-thirds of the field skink-to-skink, or getting scores on the saurii so they level quickly enough to keep the team balanced.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Necros

Then every team you play against will be on a quest to kill your werewolves.

Bikindok
May 3, 2012
Necromantic. More interesting levelup-wise than Lizards, and contain Werewolves, which are one of the best models in Blood Bowl.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I'm aware that some teams really shine when they are around a certain team value range, such as needing a few skills before they start kicking rear end, or hitting critical mass early and can't keep up with other teams at higher team values.

Do the Necromantic, Lizardmen, and Khorne teams have such Team Value issues?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Changing vote from Corn to Lizards.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

tlarn posted:

I'm aware that some teams really shine when they are around a certain team value range, such as needing a few skills before they start kicking rear end, or hitting critical mass early and can't keep up with other teams at higher team values.

Lizards suffer at the beginning before your Sauruses have block. But they can still score by using the skinks. Because the big guys need the levels, and the little guys are the only ones who score, it takes a while before you reach that spot.

Necromantic are pretty solid, but the werewolves can get the most dangerous combination of skills for higher team value.

Khorne are... interesting. They really need skills they don't have and it is difficult to get those skills a lot of the time. The Bloodthirster, however, is awesome.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Khorne are weird because unlike most teams with one, they really need the big guy. He's pretty great, and the core of a team that probably still verges on being a gimmick.

They're HARD at the start, you have a horde of frenzy guys without any skills to help with the block, and can quickly end up pushing yourself into the poo poo if you're not careful. You do deny a significant chunk of the board through surf-threat though.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

tlarn posted:

Lizards and Necros are both considered top tier teams. Lizards start hitting their stride at about 12-1300 and really don't stop. Necro starts a little bit sooner but they cap out a little faster than the scaly bros.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The strength of lizards is that their fast quick guys are very fast and quick, but their blockers are big and beefy, so they're kind of a best-of-both-worlds team, is this right?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Speedball posted:

The strength of lizards is that their fast quick guys are very fast and quick, but their blockers are big and beefy, so they're kind of a best-of-both-worlds team, is this right?

Indeed it is, but to compensate half their team is terrible at getting the ball, the other half die if looked at funny, and nobody on the team can throw worth a drat. Although as mentioned earlier, skinks are great for doing running breakaways. (Normal passes receive a negative modifier to the throw because they're so small, but hand offs skip rolling for the throw)

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Speedball posted:

Lizards cant do a passing game well and thats about it. Though most people are boring and consider passing game suboptimal anyway.
The lizards main weakness is the skinks are expensive and not that useful for punching. At higher TV where killers can remove them easily this can lead to getting out punched by other bashy teams.

tlarn posted:

Khorne are a really bloated team due to having horns and juggernaut on over half the team if you buy the positionals. While it's nice to do st4 blitzes once per turn, you're paying out of your rear end to do it. They also have to pay 70k for rerolls :suicide:
Khorne basically starts out terrible and becomes average at high TV. They are really praying on the thrister to kill the opponents players.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 3, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The thing about highly optimized teams like Lizardmen is that they require you to play in a specific way (Skaven are the same way if you watched the previous LP).

Say you're playing an FPS and trying to decide which gun to pick. Is there a huge difference between a SCAR or an M4? Not really. The difference in gameplay between any sort of assault rifle is there, but it's minimal. But there's always a difference between all the other guns and the Sniper Rifle. Lizards are like a Sniper Rifle. It's not any better or any worse overall, you just can't use it like you would any other teamgun.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Lizards won the first RSL, lizards can handle democracy.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Let's go with Necromantic. It's a versatile team with a bunch of potential, and I wouldn't mind seeing it played well.

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?
One for Necromantic!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

StoryTime posted:

Let's go with Necromantic. It's a versatile team with a bunch of potential, and I wouldn't mind seeing it played well.

Oh man have you come to the wrong LP then :roflolmao:

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

Oh man have you come to the wrong LP then :roflolmao:

I think I lost a game to him @ #tgbloodbowl, so he's clearly pro.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I will guarantee at least between 0 to 2 wins during the duration of this LP

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

GNU Order posted:

I will guarantee at least between 0+ wins during the duration of this LP

Fixed that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Lizards, I dabbled with this game on Fumbbl and I recall my Lizardman team out being totally terrible, so I'll pat them back with my vote now.

• Locked thread