Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riders of Brohan
Mar 31, 2011
Another vote for Necromantic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchetypeBlue
Jul 9, 2012

ASSHOLE.
I'm gonna throw out a vote for Lizards even though I hate them.

Seriously, playing against Lizardmen is terrible.

My poor Skaven. :ohdear:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SilverWingedSeraph posted:

Seriously, playing against Lizardmen is terrible.

My poor Skaven. :ohdear:

The difference is, kill all rats, only kill most Lizards.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Senerio posted:

The difference is, kill all rats, only kill most Lizards.

Bah, Nuffle would be most displeased.

Kill Everything. Always.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

A lizard team with no skinks is already dead. And if you're not a Linerat, WHY ARE YOU STANDING NEXT TO A SAURUS, SKAVEN. Sauruses are dangerous.

(I played a pubbie with a Murder Chaos team as my lizards in Auld. Even without Fend I'd just punch or dodge my way free each turn. As I recall, he ragequit because he could only get 1 or 2 blocks a turn)

Lizards are beautiful angels.

Also, Kmquat and England are bloodbowl gods.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

AJ_Impy posted:

Bah, Nuffle would be most displeased.

Kill Everything. Always.

That is really rude to the best big guy, the Kroxigor.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Rat Ogre is the best big guy. Krox is a close second.

Khorne Thirster would be but the rest of his team is so awful.

ToastGhost
Jul 28, 2012

20% cooler
Updated tally is as follows:

Necro - 27
Lizardmen - 19
Khorne - 5
Ork, Undead, Human, and a bunch of loving elves except dark - 1

GNU Order posted:

Those of you in the one-off pools feel free to change your vote because I doubt any team but the top two at this point win (Khorne is a strong dark horse contender though)
HAH GUESS AGAIN, CHANGING FROM KHORNE TO SECURE INEVITABLE NECRO VICTORY

As far as teams go, I think Necro has a lot of potential and variety for a demo(necro)cratic. Werewolves are obviously the star players, but having some leveled wights and ghouls is a pretty great thing as well. And then Flesh Golems down the road, but I usually skip out on those at start in favor of rerolls.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Lizardmen because your highest scoring units will be stunties, and seeing skinks get murdered is fun. This way, all games will have an element of skink-murder!

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
Well then, changing my Khorne vote to Necrons then. It better be worth it.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I think I'm gonna close voting around this time tomorrow because it looks like Necro is gonna win but I'll give you all time to change your mind.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
When we inevitably play Lizardmen and all the werewolves get murdered by rolling double both downs trying to block skinks you will know that your choices have displeased Sotek, who is close friends with Nuffle what with both of them liking hearts being torn out.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Sotek knows that werewolves are basically just big rats.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Veloxyll posted:

Also, Kmquat and England are bloodbowl gods.

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8936451 :britain:

Too beautiful for this world.

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012

Feinne posted:

When we inevitably play Lizardmen and all the werewolves get murdered by rolling double both downs trying to block skinks it'll be great.

Made a minor typo there.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
drat, do I love me some Blood Bowl. Pity everyone in my regular league has completely burned out at this point, we've had some wonderful bullshit back in the day. Good luck, GNU Order.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
High Elves

Tried this games a few weeks back, never again.

Maybe it's funnier when someone else plays.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Haha, wow. That Skink must be an absolute magnet for blitzes though. Kinda surprised he isn't half crippled from all the hate he must get. That's practically 1-Turn Touchdown Gutterrunner level of bullshit there.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Rorahusky posted:

Haha, wow. That Skink must be an absolute magnet for blitzes though. Kinda surprised he isn't half crippled from all the hate he must get. That's practically 1-Turn Touchdown Gutterrunner level of bullshit there.

The dude survives SPITEWIZARDing.

Though I usually save my Spitewizardry for after they've burned their apo. So it's got a better chance to stick.

I suspect, just like Kumquat, if England ever gets Legend his last skill will be sprint.
So he can be never scurred for one more square.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

England is a magical player. His best ever play involves shadowing a gunner for 8-9 spaces and then using pass block (from an item card in fumbbl) to intercept a pass immediately after.

Still not my favorite fumbbl player though

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9246383

Sitting bull is why nobody wants to play my grabby chaos team.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Agent355 posted:

England is a magical player. His best ever play involves shadowing a gunner for 8-9 spaces and then using pass block (from an item card in fumbbl) to intercept a pass immediately after.

Still not my favorite fumbbl player though

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9246383

Sitting bull is why nobody wants to play my grabby chaos team.

That Minotaur has Bad Touch written all over him.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I can endorse the second +str over block.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

His purpose on the team is to stand there and have players pushed into him, almost every other player on the team has grab, which they use to push next to the 7 st tentacle standfirm big guy. He doesn't actually need to block and when he does he gets a 3db unassisted.

you have a 1/36 chance of failing a a 2db with block, you have a 1/27 chance of failing a 3db without block, you have a 1/9 chance of failing a 2db without block.

I could make him better at tentacling people and 3 times as good at blocking, or 4 times as good at blocking without the extra tentacle juice.

If he was a blitzer kind of big guy it would be different, but I mostly use him as a roadblock and obstacle with the team, so I stand by my decision.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Ok kids, derail's over

The LP team is going to be Necromantic

Necromantic are an undead team. I didn't mention it in the first video, but all non-undead Blood Bowl teams have the ability to purchase a Team Apothecary. When your players suffer a Casualty, once a game you can use your apothecary and roll another Casualty roll, which may be an improvement on the first outcome. Then you can choose between the two. Necromantic don't have that luxury, so every game we'll be living on the edge.

On a Necromantic team, all of the players except the Ghouls start with the Regeneration skill. When they suffer a Casualty, they have a 50/50 chance of regenerating from their mortal wounds, negating them completely. We'll be placing our trust in the dice to not destroy the good players.

The roster is as follows

Werewolf (1) - The star of the show. Eventually we will be picking up a second one but for now we've got one hero. The werewolf is very very fast, and reasonably durable. He starts with Frenzy, Claw and Regeneration. Frenzy means if he pushes an opponent without knocking them down, he can punch again on the same turn, meaning he has double the potential to do damage. The prize murdering skill of the Werewolf is Claw. He shreds right though durable, heavily armored opponents. If an opponent has higher than 7 Armor Value, he treats the opponent as though they have 7 Armor Value.
Flesh Golem (2) - Flesh Golems are the rocks of this team. The two of them are molasses slow but very durable and strong. They begin with the skill Stand Firm, meaning they can't be pushed backwards.
Wight (2) - Wights are the enforcers on this team. They have decent stats across the board that don't really stand out, but they begin with the Block skill, making them invaluable in the early game as reliable punchers.
Ghoul (1) - While Werewolfs are the fastest units on the team, Ghouls are also reasonably fast. They also start with Dodge making them hard to knock down and fairly competent ballcarriers. The fact that they are the only unit on Necro without Regeneration means they'll be more likely to have Casualties stick.
Zombie (5) - The shuffling horde of zombies brings us to 11 players. They're as slow as Flesh Golems but not as strong or durable. They have no starting skills (other than Regeneration) but they're cheap as hell and good fodder to fill out the team.

We're also picking up 3 Team Rerolls.

I need a team name and 11 player names, get to it!

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

GNU Order posted:

Werewolf (1)

This is bad and you should feel bad.

Also name the werewolf that.

EDIT: Name the werewolf His Hair Was Perfect

Blackmage Yapo fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 4, 2014

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
Just like Goonbowl you'll have to redo everything now.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

LP's over. Pack it in people. I want the furniture in the back and the boxes in the front, we're moving out of here.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Ignore the peanut gallery, they just enjoy giving me a hard time

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Deadly Ever After for team name, Flesh Golems to be Blockmagock and Wreckshasa. :v:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Well given the democratic nature of the team we should name it:
Fairly Elected

Bonus points if we can name all the players after dead dictators

e: looks like gimmick themes are out

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 4, 2014

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

GNU Order posted:

Werewolf (1)

A Philosopher posted:

I bet this pretty wolfwoman has killed your team. heheh I tell you, i wanna be killed by such sweet creature, even if she has a claws nightly :) Sweet death.

Claws Nightly

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

FoolyCharged posted:

Bonus points if we can name all the players after dead dictators

Not to single you out but this is a thing that runs rampant in Blood Bowl.

I'm as big of a fan of named team gimmicks as the next guy, but they're rampant in the community already and I'd like to keep the naming open to a lot more variety

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I like naming all the zombies after puns or whatever if people want a theme, but I think the previous LPs worked well when most of the players had unique-ish names.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

GNU Order posted:

Flesh Golem (2) - Flesh Golems are the rocks of this team.

I'll take you at your word and propose one of the golems become Dwayne Johnson

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Agent355 posted:

I like naming all the zombies after puns or whatever if people want a theme, but I think the previous LPs worked well when most of the players had unique-ish names.

:rip: It's a Brieze.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
Wight Power for a wight.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Walter Wight and Reggie Wight.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Necro is a good team, anytime I play bloodbowl and it spins up necro I'm always happy I didn't any of the four bullshit teams everyone plays.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Brains, Braains, Braaains, Rotting Flesh and A nice cup of tea, thank you for zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I'll do one of each.

Team Name: A Murder of Necros

Werewolf: MacGruff

Flesh Golem: Brutalism Esq.

Wight: Santos von Hammerstein

Ghoul: The Midnight Bomber

Zombie: Phyllis from HR