Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sidestepin' for days.

FIRE THEM ALL (eventually) AND START ANEW No strong opinion on who to fire first beyond Wight Power

Replacement names: Wightman Sam for the new Wight, My Ghoulfriend for the new ghoul, Brakin' Mad for Werewolf.

Also that Fend Tackle Amazon team... someone needs to play that against GNU for our pleasure now.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Gridlocked posted:

Sidestepin' for days.

FIRE THEM ALL (eventually) AND START ANEW No strong opinion on who to fire first beyond Wight Power

Replacement names: Wightman Sam for the new Wight, My Ghoulfriend for the new ghoul, Brakin' Mad for Werewolf.

Also that Fend Tackle Amazon team... someone needs to play that against GNU for our pleasure now.

It;s on Fumbbl so.
It is the worst.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Glidergun posted:

McGruff gets Sidestep.

Wight Power gets fired, replaced with Wight Flight. It's a bit too early for Wight Privilege yet, Block Pride only just got started.

Unsure about the other two; I guess Keep them both.

This gets my vote on all counts.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Sidestep for McGruff.

The new feller is Wight Wash

Cut Blitzer

You can't deny Santos a glorious death on the field, he can't just die in his sleep like some nobody.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Veloxyll posted:

It;s on Fumbbl so.
It is the worst.

You CAN edit teams in Cyanide BB.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Veloxyll posted:

It;s on Fumbbl so.
It is the worst.

I'm flipping tables right now IRL.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Side Step for MacGruff.
Fire Wight Power, replace with Wight Flight.
Fire Blitzer - Santos deserves a glorious death on the field.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Side Step for MacGruff. More movement options are always nice on the turbowolf.

Keep Wight Power. Blood in, blood out.

Keep Santos and Blitzer. Blood in, blood loving out. These fuckers are dying or staying.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

To be fair, side step would have ruined me this game, so I guess I can see the logic.
Side Step for the not-crippled wolf,
Fire the crippled wolf and ditch the now useless wight

Name this wight Zanzibar Jones. I'm attached to the name now.

SWNomad
Jun 28, 2008
Tackle, fire Wight Power and hire Wight Privilege

Also, Santos for days.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!
Okay, going with the crowd.

Side Step for MacGruff
I said last game, get rid of Blitzer because he's the Andre Brown of this team, replacement is Mr. Peabody.
And ditch Wight Power for a new wight named Wight Knighting.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Fire the useless Wight. Name his replacement Betty.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
I'd say give the only player who can keep up with a gunner Tackle.

Ditch WP and Blitzer, Santos is a glorious golden god and deserves to go in a blaze of glory.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
Just when Wight Power was getting started, he was cruelly cut down in his prime. Fire him for his more modern cousin Wight Privilege.

Santos will only ever leave this team in a body bag. Replace Blitzer with your new Assistant Coach werewolf.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Gridlocked posted:

You CAN edit teams in Cyanide BB.

As far as I'm aware, that only works in single player.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Fire Wight Power
Keep both Blitzer and Santos

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

senrath posted:

As far as I'm aware, that only works in single player.

You can save the edited team and connect directly to your opponent. Just can't use them in online leagues.

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:
Fire Wight Power and name the new Wight Wight Wash

Replace Santos. As much as it pains me to see him go, perhaps it's better for him to quit while he's ahead. Also, firing a Mighty Blow wolf is a loving sin.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Name the new Wight Blocks News

Retire Santos. Wolfs are easier to train up than ghouls

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fire All Three of Them

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Fire Santos and Blitzer
Tackle for Macgruff
Keep Wight Power we need a QB

Petterwass
Oct 2, 2012
Are there any other good/amusing BB LP's to watch between the matches of this one?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Petterwass posted:

Are there any other good/amusing BB LP's to watch between the matches of this one?

Cknoor: http://lparchive.org/Blood-Bowl/ he also still plays a lot and posts games pretty regularly on his youtube
Blackmage Yapo: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6BC4DD8E126EADC and his norse team of greatness

Petterwass
Oct 2, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Cknoor: http://lparchive.org/Blood-Bowl/ he also still plays a lot and posts games pretty regularly on his youtube
Blackmage Yapo: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6BC4DD8E126EADC and his norse team of greatness

Thank you. I have a a hard time listening to cKnoor*, he tends to bore me but I'll check out the other one.

*Nothing against him but I'm not interested enough in watching BB to be able to do so without amusing banter/casting.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Petterwass posted:

Thank you. I have a a hard time listening to cKnoor*, he tends to bore me but I'll check out the other one.

*Nothing against him but I'm not interested enough in watching BB to be able to do so without amusing banter/casting.

cKnoor's LP is pretty much like this, unlike his stream stuff.

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation
Shadowing for the non-glue puppy.

Fire Blitzer, he's glue.

Keep Santos because it more fun to see him get destroyed every game. I will not rest until he is double niggled, -2 AV. Armor breaking on a 6, getting CAS'ed on an 8, hells yeah!

Edit:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Agent355's Skaven LP is pretty fun. The crazy plays that rats are known for are well displayed here. Tho it does end, uh, abruptly.

Minister Robathan fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 7, 2014

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Minister Robathan posted:

Agent355's Skaven LP is pretty fun. The crazy plays that rats are known for are well displayed here. Tho it does end, uh, abruptly.

I feel at least partly responsible for that, Nurgle is a really unfun team to play against.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

apostateCourier posted:

To be fair, side step would have ruined me this game, so I guess I can see the logic.
Side Step for the not-crippled wolf,
Fire the crippled wolf and ditch the now useless wight

Name this wight Zanzibar Jones. I'm attached to the name now.

Yea, this works for me.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Side Step, Sack Blitzer, enter Wight Flight. Who is obviously getting leap at the first opportunity.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010

CongoJack posted:

I feel at least partly responsible for that, Nurgle is a really unfun team to play against.

No, that second half where there was only 3 rats left on the field and still almost tied (after getting 3dbs repeatedly thrown into their stupid rat faces) was a perfect illustration of the price that all rats (eventually) pay for their sneaky shenanigans. Never apologize for playing Nurgle against elfy bullshit teams, making GBS threads on them is what they do best.

also

Tackle for the wolf (with an eye for getting shadowing at level 6, if he ever gets there)
Fire everyone EXCEPT SANTOS HE IS THE HEART AND SOUL OF THIS TEAM
Wight Guilt shall be our new player, who should get all the fouling skills and feel bad about it

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Tallying up the votes, giving this like 2 days to resolve because there's a lot going on.

I'm also going to start resolving the votes now that consensuses are starting to be reached.

The current votes are

What skill should we give MacGruff (Normals, Blodge +MA wolf)?
Wight Power is fired. What should we name his replacement?
Should we fire one of our two perm'ed, currently MNG players (Blitzer, Santos) or keep them?

MacGruff level
Sidestep - 13
Tackle - 4

Wight Power's Fate
Fired. Replaced by:
Wight Privilege - 5
Wight Flight - 4
Wight Wash - 2
Wight Boy - 1
Wightman Sam - 1
Zanzibar Jones - 1
Wight Knighting - 1
Betty - 1
Blocks News - 1
Wight Guilt - 1

Perm Injury Cleanup?
Fire Blitzer - 6
Keep Both - 6
Fire Santos - 5

If we choose to fire one of them I'll leave some time to vote for a new name but for now here's votes towards new names

Votes towards a new Wolf's name
-The Assistant Coach - 1
-Mr. Peabody - 1

Votes Towards a new Ghoul's name
-The Assistant Coach - 1
-~~~MY GHOULFRIEND~~~ - 2

"Puttin u on blast" Zone
This is the zone for people whose votes didn't count in some way because they didn't follow the format

Gridlocked - Choose between firing Santos or Blitzer if you wanna see one of them go
Brainamp - Choose between firing Santos or Blitzer if you wanna see one of them go
Ches Neckbeard - Choose between firing Santos or Blitzer if you wanna see one of them go

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Hopefully this isn't too convoluted, I'm going to try to allow plenty of time for people to get their votes in properly

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

God damnit. I go out of my way to get Wight Power his mojo back, and then he just gets fired after the next game. This blows.

Name the replacement Wight Wash then. That's a nice sporty name to keep him away from more run-ins with Block Pride.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GNU Order posted:

Gridlocked - Choose between firing Santos or Blitzer if you wanna see one of them go

I rolled a dice to decide and it says bye bye Blitzer.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Everyone is so into stirring up racial tension on the team that the don't want to see Betty Wight smashing collar bones? :(

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
fire blitzer keep Santos. New wight named Orville

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I don't think I voted yet so:

Fire Blitzer, name the new Wolf Lupen the 3rd

Tackle for McGruff

Wight Flight is the obvious name :colbert:

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Tackle
Fire Blister, keep Santos
Zanzibar Jones
for the new name.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Gotta have more Wight Flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

GNU Order posted:

"Puttin u on blast" Zone
This is the zone for people whose votes didn't count in some way because they didn't follow the format

Brainamp - Choose between firing Santos or Blitzer if you wanna see one of them go
Ches Neckbeard - Choose between firing Santos or Blitzer if you wanna see one of them go

Man I just want both kicked. Kick Santos because I think that would make you sadder. Also voting Wight Flight since you nerds insist on booting our passer.

• Locked thread