Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Buy All The Cheerleaders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kick Santos because I think that would make the thread sadder.

My vote. At least Blitzer has doubles.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Brainamp posted:

My vote. At least Blitzer has doubles.

He also has Tackle, and since everyone is voting for our other Werewolf to get Sidestep, no one is going to have Tackle on the team after he's kicked. I can only hope the next two games are against elves and amazons for maximum pain.

And yes, I voted for Sidestep for exactly this reason. I want to see a 6-0 beatdown because GNU is hilarious when he gets salty.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Sidestep
Hire Wight Privilege
Keep Both

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010

I dont know posted:

fire blitzer keep Santos. New wight named Orville

Good username/post combo.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

More vote consolidation. I'll keep this open for ~24 hours

MacGruff level
Sidestep

Wight Power's Fate
Fired. Replaced by:
Wight Flight - 7
Wight Privilege - 6
Wight Wash - 3
Zanzibar Jones - 2
Wight Boy - 1
Wightman Sam - 1
Wight Knighting - 1
Betty - 1
Blocks News - 1
Wight Guilt - 1
Orville - 1

Perm Injury Cleanup?
Fire Blitzer

Votes towards a new Wolf's name
The Assistant Coach - 1
Mr. Peabody - 1
Lupen the 3rd - 1

So, as you can see, all we need now is to figure out some new names

The voting is now
What do we name the new Wight?
What do we name the new werewolf?

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation

GNU Order posted:

The voting is now
What do we name the new Wight?
What do we name the new werewolf?

White Wight
The rear end. Coach

Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Wight Privilege
Lupen the 3rd

Leveling
Oct 30, 2012
The rear end. Coach
Wight Privilege

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Wight Privilege
Fursonas.Tumblr

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Changing my Wight name vote to Wight Flight so we can make him a WR and Block Pride a QB for maximum Wight passing game.

Wolf name should be The rear end. Coach. Kind of a shame it's assistant coach, not manager, otherwise we could do as the Football Manager players do and name him the rear end Man.

BIG DICK DADDY
Sep 13, 2007

Heidely-ho, neighbor!
Gotta be Wight Privilege

spooky attic
Jun 17, 2009

Ineffective at haunting cartridges.
The rear end. Coach
Wight Privilege

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

TheMcD posted:

Changing my Wight name vote to Wight Flight so we can make him a WR and Block Pride a QB for maximum Wight passing game.

Wolf name should be The rear end. Coach. Kind of a shame it's assistant coach, not manager, otherwise we could do as the Football Manager players do and name him the rear end Man.

I gotta vote with TheMcD on this one.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Wight Flight
Lupen the 3rd

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010
Gonna go with Wightman Sam and for the wolf:

goatface posted:

Fursonas.Tumblr
This one is clever.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
If we're going to name the new wolf after fursonas it should be M-M-M-My Fursona.

In fact that is what I will vote for. Name the new wolf M-M-M-My Fursona.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer
New Wolf name: The Assistant Coach

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:VOTING OVER:siren:

MacGruff gets - Sidestep
Wight Power gets - Replaced by Wight Privilege
Blitzer gets - Replaced by The Assistant Coach

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

GNU Order posted:

Wight Power gets - Replaced by Wight Privilege

Political Correctness gone mad :bahgawd:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Also it's been a while since I posted what the team composition is currently and this big mixup is as good a time as any for a refresher

and here's what our Cheat Sheet looks like

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Man this team's been taking a beating.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm not seeing enough use of BOOOOOOOOOOONECRUNCHER piledriving the opposition on the dirt GNU.

Why are you not fouling to make us happy?

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Realistically speaking, zombies are too slow and too useful as man-markers to ever be great foulers

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Haystack posted:

Realistically speaking, zombies are too slow and too useful as man-markers to ever be great foulers

This is not the team to be speaking realistically about. The thread wants blood, damnit. The death on our side is somewhat sufficient, but the death on the other side isn't.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
At this point the only people we haven't had to replace, stands at a grand total of 2 Zombies, 1 Werewolf, 1 Ghoul, and 1 Flesh Golem.

The new blood now outnumber the old players. It feels like I am reading the Tanith First and Only books all over again.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 10, 2014

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

TheNabster posted:

At this point the only people we haven't had to replace, stands at a grand total of 2 Zombies, 1 Werewolf, 1 Ghoul, and 1 Flesh Golem.

The new blood now outnumber the old players. It feels like I am reading the Tanith First and Only books all over again.

McGruff 4 Lyfe! 9 MA or :getout:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Whight Privilege, I applaud the thread.

Battle Hamster
Mar 21, 2007

GNU Order posted:

and here's what our Cheat Sheet looks like

Just FYI, looks like The Assistant Coach snuck in an extra point of movement on the spreadsheet. If only WWs actually started with 9MA!

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I haven't played blood bowl in ages, but when I did Necro were by far my most played team. This kind of progression happened with most of my teams. Your wolves and ghouls keep dying because they're the only ones capable of making game winning plays, which necessarily puts them in dangerous positions. Meanwhile, your Flesh Golems just kind of sit around, slowly soaking up MVP, Casualty and Interception experience until you hit this really surreal, like, 1400 TV team with two 3-4 skill flesh golems and an otherwise low skilled team.

Sometimes you just get some insane roles/games on your wolves, get them a bunch of xp and they're really powerful for their tv, too (+str blodge wolves are hard for anyone to deal with because it's so hard to get assists on a player that fast), but they usually, eventually, die faster than the Flolems. I look forward to Beefslab becoming a legend while the rest of the team around him dies 5 times over.

(This obviously doesn't apply if you do get to high tv and have to play the clawpomb teams, who turn anyone into smears on the pitch and the ubiquity of which is kind of why I stopped playing).

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 11, 2014

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010
I can't wait to see all the exciting new plays The Assistant Coach will bring to the team

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Hello friends, now that school and life responsibilities are done and I'm trying to get the next match set up, I realize my list of potential opponents is getting short. For those of you who aren't aware, there's a signup sheet in the OP where you can put your deets down and give me more people to try and match up against. As the TV gets higher, it gets harder and harder to find people who have teams and whose schedules match up well with mine

Here's the link to the signup sheet
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vZv7UCqs1ZzZlJJsz89aTorUGbIov5SU8C6zZNwFvmU/viewform

And even if you're bad, you can give me an easy match to get SPP in. In fact, only sign up if you're bad. No good players allowed

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

GNU Order posted:

Hello friends, now that school and life responsibilities are done and I'm trying to get the next match set up, I realize my list of potential opponents is getting short. For those of you who aren't aware, there's a signup sheet in the OP where you can put your deets down and give me more people to try and match up against. As the TV gets higher, it gets harder and harder to find people who have teams and whose schedules match up well with mine

Here's the link to the signup sheet
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vZv7UCqs1ZzZlJJsz89aTorUGbIov5SU8C6zZNwFvmU/viewform

And even if you're bad, you can give me an easy match to get SPP in. In fact, only sign up if you're bad. No good players allowed

Be careful what you wish for. Remember, I am a bad player, and that game we had ended up with me murdering your murderwight. There is no respite for the Fairly Elected. Only death.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I have teams even more obnoxious than my dwarf one, hope your TV is high enough for them.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

:siren:Match 21:siren:

Make sure you for real watch the video before you look at this post-match vote. Like watch until I offer up options to vote on

Ok so here it is. I'll spell it out again here so you all can be totally clear what's going on.

What are we going to do going forward?
Option 1 - End the LP. It's been a good run. You're ready for it to end, and you won't be interested in the team without MacGruff and Santos.
Option 2 - Fire Santos Von Hammerstein, fire MacGruff, close the thread, and come back in a month or two with Season Two. Our roster would look like this http://i.imgur.com/k3iex19.png at the opener. You will still be interested in the team without the two players who have come to define it, and would like to watch a second generation of the Fairly Elected, even though we're bringing along most of the current roster. The hiatus is mostly for my sanity, but you'll still care about the team in a month or two when they come back.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

I don't like the fact that this entire match is in one video. That does not bode well.

EDIT:

I'm going to say Option 2. I've had a hell of a time so far, it was incredibly fun to play against the Fairly Elected and have SDS slackjawed at some of my dumb plays, and I would love to come around for another round. I lost last time, but I could have won just as well, had the dice just gone a bit better at the end. While I haven't played a lot of Blood Bowl (~30 matches online), I'm already well familiar with the concept of starting over, losing key parts of the team and that kind of stuff.

I've already deleted five or six teams simply because starting over from scratch was the easier option - the Bloodlines I played against Fairly Elected are one of only two teams that have so far survived more than five matches, the other being my Norse Tungsten Terminators II - and I don't get attached to players, but to ideas.

I'll definitely still be interested in the further adventures of the Fairly Elected, even without the players we've come to know and love.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 15, 2014

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

Time to go Old Yeller on this team. Option 1.

It was fun while it lasted and thanks for having been so entertaining guys! Someone else will take up the mantle with a different team, soon. Right?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Option 1. Though I'd love if you came back and ran this with a different race.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

fool_of_sound posted:

This. Run a lizard team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

I'd go for this too.

• Locked thread