Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Lizards are a poo poo, let's go Necromantic.

I would feel more comfortable with easily replaceable players, and have no love for passing game teams. Murderball all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Beefslab for the other Flesh Golem perhaps.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Beefslab chokes.
And then kicks the poo poo out of everyone.
And then chokes again.

Good job Beefslab. Good job.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Fanzay posted:

Eh, I thought I'd share a story of Nuffle's real world reach. My GPU lit on fire and the PSU melted. That's how hard I lost.

I feel I might have a fun one. My two brothers were playing a game, Orcs versus Humans, it was the last few turns of the last half, One all, and my second brother had his Orcs sitting pretty much in close proximity to my First Brother's touchdown zone with the ball and only a single Human Thrower nearby to contest it. So to get some extra SP for his players, he decides to make an easy hand off, to his Thrower. Completely flubbs it, drops the ball.

The Human Thrower runs up, picks up the ball, and at the time, there was a catcher down the other end of the field, the Thrower straight up Hail Marys that poo poo down the entire length of the pitch, on a 6, and then the ball somehow bounced to the Catcher. He catches it, and touched it down for a 2-1 win.

Sometimes a chance in hell works out really well

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 9, 2014

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

There is some subliminal messaging that is telling me that I should vote to 3. Get a Werewolf.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

In my heart of hearts, I knew Beefslab was going to get our first casualty of the Let's Play

Also +MA for the dog. Nothing wrong with approaching Gutter Runner speeds

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Block for days guys. Beefslab can hurt the mans more when he can be put down less. And block and dodge is fun.

As for the werewolf, the rules of nature say only Bladewolf is the best option

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Ghooooouls We can get more zombies later, it's not like if we get lucky with more Casualties we won't get any for free(-ish)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Super Bash Brothers Beefslab and The Flesh Prince doing what they do best, taking hits and staying upright.

Maybe at some point we can get cool art people in to draw some of the more notable/notorious team members

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Jump-up SDS has convinced me that it is good for the punching, and I like the punching more then the passing.

Victor von Ghoul just to try and keep a name theme going.

Keep him we can replace him, but I feel we would be better served saving our money for more important things then replacing disposable players because they did what they were made to do.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

We should probably merge our Vincent von What's it names and then we can get higher up the votes. Can we reach a consensus at all?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

jBrereton posted:

"Hurr durr murder Wight" - there are tons of players on Necros who can bash, let's do something smart with our dubs.

Perhaps you would be better served with a pretty pink elf team and some nice doilies for your tea set.

Say no to elfball. Vote for murder ball.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Changing my vote from Victor Von Ghoul to Ra's al Ghoul.

Still keeping my Jump Up and Keep votes.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Well gently caress it seems like Pass is winning.

Might as well rename him Flight Power if we are going to have him run away with the ball instead of hurting people.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

What did I say.

No good comes from playing Elfball, and now Wight Power has had his shins broken.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Mightiest Blow Let's get a Wight that can actually hurt people, and not get his shins broken.

Keep the Flesh Prince, it was a Mighty Blow Dauntless Troll Slayer with assists, you can't fault him for getting knocked on his rear end by that poo poo.

Save for the Wolf. Zombies, we can get Zombies later, we can get Zombies in game even. But that was an incredibly valuable investment that contributed nothing more then SPP for a Troll Slayer, that must not happen again, we will get the Wolf and the first level up is going to be loving Block or Dodge, no questions asked. Protect your investments with good punching skills, Elf Ball never kept players alive, Murderball will.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Iretep posted:

Strong arm. We need a second passer in case the first one dies like last game.

Because Sissy Elf Ball skills worked out so well for Wight Power

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Iretep posted:

He never even touched the ball :colbert:

He got his balls touched though.

Never let a Dwarf touch your ball(s)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Hmm, I think I might swap my vote from Mighty Blow to Guard

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Fat Samurai posted:

Why sell 13 minis to a player when you can sell them 50?

Because no matter how much they have jacked up the prices on their models, people still buy them. If a small number of people spend a large amount of money then it will keep the company above water, for now.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Keeping my Guard vote.

Nuffle cares not how the dice fall, only that they are thrown

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

I would say I prefer the player names to the position names.

They should be turned on when you are dealing with teams that have players that look the same (cough Humans cough), but when you are dealing with teams whose players are really obvious we don't need it.

EDIT: Ra's al also keeps tripping over his own feet when it is really important that he doesn't. He must have a birth defect

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 15, 2014

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Block for MacGruff.
Wrestle for Pelvis
Bladewolf for new wolf

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Oh I forgot before I left for work

Horde money all day

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

GNU Order posted:

Having said that, wrestle is a valuable skill, especially when it's on not-valuable players. Zombies are great wrestlers because almost always they're bringing down a unit more valuable than they are

Would it technically be a lunge attack?

EDIT: As far as sticking Block on him, it might be nice for sticking next to people, but I feel like we can afford to have our expendable, low MA, not particularly fantastic at punching players even with Block not have Block, more then we could on say, a Wight, or a Flesh Golem, and if we have the choice to go "gently caress this troll, get sacked small son" with that kind of cheap lovely unit, I would do it.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 17, 2014

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Well you can't say Beefslab is any worse than The Flesh Prince now.

If most of the players in our dugout right now don't stand up next half we are hosed, straight up. Most of our important positionals are in there

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Prav posted:

If you had voted to dismiss Flesh Prince he'd still be alive.

Now we all have blood on our hands.

More like Embalming fluids.

Anyway what are we naming our next Folem, The Flesher Prince?

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 26, 2014

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Battle Hamster posted:

That list taught me a lot of words I didn't know. I will be attempting to work "lumpkin" into my vocabulary now.

Who the gently caress says "Ricockulous"

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

You done hosed up and made us tie against the team who slew the Prince by being a numpty. Commit Sudoku.

Also my votes

Save for Flesh Prince 2.0

Side Step for the prodigal son Santos

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

I threw around with a Khorne team against robots to see what was what.

The Bloodthirster isn't worth jack poo poo if he gets knocked over I have decided, he gets knocked over and unless Wild Animal decides not to poo poo in your mouth, that is how he is going to spend the ENTIRE HALF just thrashing on the floor like a 6 year old having a tantrum. I would have thought if I had a blitz action the +2 would apply but no the getting up overrides the 'Punch this guy in the face' order and I just wasted my Blitz.

I'm going to stick with my Norse team. Block on all my players makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Without being Hitler.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

And once again. Because we made one of our Wights a passing Wight, he gets man-handled like a sissy elf boy before the first half is even over.

Elfball. Not even once.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Make Halfling Chefs a Positional.

They have a bunch of stuff. And Stab.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

So many things to vote on. Okay

Kick for our Zombie. No one else has it, it's too good of a skill to ignore but too niche to give it to any of our more important players. So give it to the Zombie.
Stay on target, get the Flolem. We need things to hold the line in light of us being down two of our ball running players.
Keep Blitzer Smashed knees never hurt anyone, we sunk 120k into the Werewolf lets at least get some use out of him before we consider booting him.
Keep Ras'al for now broken ankles maybe but at the very least he still has Dodge. and like jBereton said, even with -1 MA, he is still faster then most players on our team and packing Dodge to boot. If he doesn't get any levels up later though or he gets another permanent injury, we should put him down.

Is it weird how the difference between our main positional players is so stark?

MacGruff? Hands down Star player, Wolf Number 2? Hospitalized frequently
Beefslab? Feeds the other team knuckle sandwiches. Flesh Prince? Feeds the worms
Santos von Hammerstein? Tied 1st most valuable player. Ras'al? Will never catch up, figuratively and now literally.
Dr. Wight? Death on two legs. Wight Power? Walking elf shaped punching bag.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Changed Vote

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 12, 2014

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

On second thought Flesh Gordan

Just a Golem, with a Man's courage

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

CommaToes posted:

Oh no, the last minute surge may take Hustle N Flolem away from us.

I already have 2 players named on the team, so it's not a bug deal. However they are MacGruff and Santos, so if you want this flesh golem to be amazing, vote for Hustle.

It's a good name, but it is nowhere near Flesh Gordan

And I named the best Flesh Golem on our team, so I know a good Flolem name when I see one.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

>That Elfball attempt on Wight Power.
>That colossal gently caress up that was Wight Power that half because we didn't give him good punching skills

Not.
Even.
ONCE.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 20, 2014

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Keep Ra's for now, Save for a new Wolf.

Dr. Wight bringing the motherfucking pain this game. Awesome

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

>Rely on Elfball
>Fumble the pass twice
>Don't score until turn 8

Compare and contrast, Dr.Wight, putting on a clinic and removing 3 players from the game, including the OP as gently caress Super Halfling.

Seriously gently caress firing Ra's Al, fire loving Wight Power, he is literally completely useless because we tried to make him a passing Wight rather then a murder Wight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Cutscene Powers posted:

Hmm, I'm starting to think you're not entirely on board with the pass game Mr TheNabster.

I like seeing people getting punched in the face. This game has much face punching and it pleases me greatly.

Edit: Also it is not like Wight Power's track record has been fantastic so far.

Rorahusky posted:

Even the Elfiest of Blood Bowl teams get dice screwed every once in a while. Let's not go writing off players before their time.

Maybe I am over reacting, but come on, I think Wight Power has completed a grand total of one pass in recent memory, and it was an end of the game vanity pass.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 3, 2014

• Locked thread