Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satsui no thankyou
Previous thread hall of fame/shame (mostly shame)

I've had to choose between gym or karate, so I've picked Karate. my goal for this month will be endurance based - complete a full class without puffing out or feeling too tired to keep going at the end. Good luck everbody!

satsui no thankyou fucked around with this message at 09:26 on May 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
im fuckijn sexy

Drunk Driver Dad
can you make my link link to my latest, slightly improved picture?

cute anime girl

at this rate I'll become a fat gently caress what should I do

Afro Doug

I'd like to lose weight. I'm fairly lean, but i got a beer gut growin on me. :(

K. Flaps

by Athanatos

Limed00d posted:

Work out like Vegeta.

satsui no thankyou

Top Twitter Tranny posted:

can you make my link link to my latest, slightly improved picture?

give me the link to it then

Drunk Driver Dad
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3620840&userid=75003&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post428824246

satsui no thankyou
done fag

Drunk Driver Dad

you won't say that to my slightly bigger pecs IRL

K. Flaps

by Athanatos
I bet Tipps' Tip is very muscular.

Tipps

party in the front

business in the back
I wake up: "i wonder if notime made the new fitness thread..."

:hawaaaafap:

Tipps

party in the front

business in the back

Afro Doug posted:

I'd like to lose weight. I'm fairly lean, but i got a beer gut growin on me. :(

Limed00d posted:

Stop eating so much starting today. Track your calories obsessively for a day or two (or a week) and you'll get an idea of what you're putting inside you. It will be eye-opening.

People who say "diets don't work!" severely under-estimate the amount of calories they eat and over-estimate the amount of calories they burn. Don't be one of those people who think that "this fat-free [whatever] is healthy!" (it's not, the fat is replaced be equally high-calorie sugar) or "i walked up the stairs a lot today, I deserve mcdonalds on the way home" (you don't. stop eating trash.)

hemale in pain

i'm gonna start losing weight i think. I'm feeling unsexy which sucks lately even though i wanna lift more.

gonna try to lose like 4lbs this month at most and hopefully my lifts will still go up maybe a little bit.

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
I think id like to put on some more muscle mass. I try to lift several times a week but i missed a few this week because i had an excruciating toothache

PIGEOTO

i have some tips:

1) if you are fat, eat less
2) if you are skinney, eat more
3) if you are fat or skinney, please workout

cheers

Tipps

party in the front

business in the back

mailorder bees! posted:

I think id like to put on some more muscle mass. I try to lift several times a week but i missed a few this week because i had an excruciating toothache

eat lots, lift heavies, acquire muscles.

Tipps

party in the front

business in the back

hemale in pain posted:

i'm gonna start losing weight i think. I'm feeling unsexy which sucks lately even though i wanna lift more.

gonna try to lose like 4lbs this month at most and hopefully my lifts will still go up maybe a little bit.

:smith::hf::smith:

On the one hand, final weigh-in this week at 185lbs, and I'm starting to get all veiny and whatnot.

On the other, I couldn't finish my sets of OHP at my "minimum acceptable weight for reps" of 145 this morning, failing at 3-4 by the end instead of the usual 6-8. :smithcloud:

I hate my life.

hemale in pain

I wish I could do a 145 ohp :( so don't feel too bad.

A Keg

by Ralp
i'm a weak gay baby and my stupid job puts me in the middle of nowhere for weeks on end, so i have to rely on those 90 pound bowflex dumbbells

Sid Delicious
:sidvicious:

hey how do i get in on this and can you guys help me make a workout that will help me get rid of the extra stuff on my belly from when i lost all my weight, i want muscles not this jelly belly

hemale in pain

Sid Delicious posted:

hey how do i get in on this and can you guys help me make a workout that will help me get rid of the extra stuff on my belly from when i lost all my weight, i want muscles not this jelly belly

only way to lose more weight sadly

Sid Delicious

well i meant more like crunches and stuff i think my main issue is that i have like zero abdominal muscles

Drunk Driver Dad

Sid Delicious posted:

well i meant more like crunches and stuff i think my main issue is that i have like zero abdominal muscles

i been doing pushups and poo poo like that at home, and have done alright so far. a gym/weights are better, but i already know you wont cut into your weed money so just do like i do. do buy some whey protein tho

hemale in pain

problem with abs is you need to be like super slim in the first place for them to show through to make doing any crunches or whatevs worthwhile

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

hemale in pain posted:

problem with abs is you need to be like super slim in the first place for them to show through to make doing any crunches or whatevs worthwhile

iirc its all about the bodyfat, and losing bodyfat shows muscle

Drunk Driver Dad

mailorder bees! posted:

but you need to sort of eat at a surplus to reliably hypertrophy your muscles really well, so it's a constant balancing act, bulking/cutting, and why tipps will kill himself 2 weeks from now

nvm no cake

any tips for touching tips with tipps?

Drunk Driver Dad

The Green Calx posted:

any tips for touching tips with tipps?

be really sexy dude, destroy his current relationship, then move in. you have 2 weeks

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
I lost a good bit of weight (around 45 lbs last year) :woop:

Sid Delicious

mailorder bees! posted:

I lost a good bit of weight (around 45 lbs last year) :woop:

good job! i lost like 95 lbs last year because i got mad sick and couldnt eat anything for months, had to keep going to the hospital for iv fluids

hemale in pain

thank you for the weight loss tips!!

hemale in pain

pos my neg hole so i can lose weight

Sid Delicious

here help me lose this

Tipps

party in the front

business in the back

Sid Delicious posted:

You can't spot-reduce fat by doing exercises. If you want to get rid of your belly, you just have to lose weight generally. You can work out and make your abdominal muscles a bit bigger if you do a lot of targetted resistance training, but if you're chubby it's not going to really make a difference appearance-wise. (or, it may make your gut stick out more since it pushes the fat forward)

Basically, this:

mailorder bees! posted:

Blue's Clues

k im p much cardio at this point in my life. inaugural pics, including retarded, vomit-happy cat. my days of bulking up are loooooooong over--now it's just an effort to stave-off MI and prostate cancer.

Tipps

party in the front

business in the back

Sid Delicious posted:

here help me lose this

See my earlier post:

Tipps posted:

Stop eating so much starting today. Track your calories obsessively for a day or two (or a week) and you'll get an idea of what you're putting inside you. It will be eye-opening.

People who say "diets don't work!" severely under-estimate the amount of calories they eat and over-estimate the amount of calories they burn. Don't be one of those people who think that "this fat-free [whatever] is healthy!" (it's not, the fat is replaced be equally high-calorie sugar) or "i walked up the stairs a lot today, I deserve mcdonalds on the way home" (you don't. stop eating trash.)

Start by eating less and eating cleaner.

WindmillSlayer

Blue's Clues posted:

k im p much cardio at this point in my life. inaugural pics, including retarded, vomit-happy cat. my days of bulking up are loooooooong over--now it's just an effort to stave-off MI and prostate cancer.

:eyepop:

Well I'm leaving the thread before I start making creepy posts.

Sid Delicious

WindmillSlayer posted:

Well I'm leaving the thread before I start making creepy posts.

no doubt what the gently caress is up with that cats eyes, creepy as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad

Blue's Clues posted:

• Locked thread