Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Pat Barry lost gently caress this gay earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

That was the worst Melvin entrance ever.

Unacceptable.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Did Rourke's opponent take a dive or just quit? Those body shots were jokes but Jesus Rourke looked awful pissed when the guy went down a second time.

gently caress it, let Rourke keeping boxing. He got in asinine shape if he knew his opponent was taking a dive.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Also one of the funniest SA articles ever was written where by Parsons in which Mike Tyson gives a tour about how you can rent his abandoned mansion. I'll link directly to the page where he talks about "Ghost Mode."

Can Ghost Mode become a thing around here please?

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/sybaris-mike-tyson/7/

Edit : "It is filled with all of the luxuries I would lavish on a woman I was wooing in 1988. All of the pleasures. Have you ever thrown a hammer through drywall at a woman standing in the room next to you? I did that once and I missed her but only because of cocaine."

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 17, 2015

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Is Tyson too over the hill to get in shape and have some low level "punch only no wrestle" type freakshow fights? I'd love to see that.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Pat Barry for president.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

That event looked really fun. Keep posting those bitches.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Seltzer posted:

e- And they just showed a clip of Weidman koing Silva followed by Tanks driving around in the dirt shooting rounds.

I'm frantically trying to figure out how to make this part of me.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

anybody who didn't see this ridiculous spectacle really should, the whole thing is hilarious in a way that's difficult to describe, and it all begins with a short film in which a swat team which may or may not be led by ramzan kadyrov break badr hari out of police custody from "somewhere in the west"

Play by play please.

Because I know those are things that could actually be real or this is a fever dream.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Bluedeanie posted:

I haven't exactly followed Romanian politics but I am surprised anyone who can be described as a Ceausescu lackey is still alive and living in Romania, much less having any sort of successful political activity there.

Didn't they shoot him and his old wife after pretending to have a trial for thirty minutes?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Thanks sir. I remembered the info and the name but my addled brain can't always recall if it's matching up the correct stuff. My history degree (why yes I'm in my thirties and have made a career in restaurants) means I can always go "yeeeeeah, I think I know what you're talking about" in most modern history situations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Opal posted:

A friend of mine got tricked into taking a fight under full muay thai rules against a local girl they said had like 3 professional wins but who turned out to have had 30. I'm not really sure what the purpose of that was but at least my mate got out with only a couple of (admittedly nasty) elbow cuts

I'm a firm believer that anything in life you get a good story out of is worth it. That sounds like a trip.

And something stupid I'd get tricked into.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

colonel_korn posted:

That was basically the best part of the first Jackass movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po6Ien_Mjto

Watching English movies dubbed into different languages is loving classic.

Whenever I watch bum brawls (like what Ryan Dunn was just doing) I'm always amazed at how the concept "KEEP YOUR GOD DAMNED HANDS UP!" goes out the window once you get hit.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Killed by "a crime" is one of the best descriptions I've ever read.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Someone Badr Hari owed money to suddenly turned up murdered?

Well isn't that just a shock.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

It's reached the point in which am concerned for us being even this tangentically related to Badr Hari.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

colonel_korn posted:

Mwekassa is notable mostly for swiftly putting an end to any notions that Pat Barry would be competitive in his return to kickboxing after getting cut by the UFC.

https://fat.gfycat.com/HeavySardonicHippopotamus.webm

Barry had a wild loving ride and I'm glad he got out when he did. Him and arose married yet?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Japanese people are so god damned bizarre.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Why does Idris Elba look like he is working the heavy bag without gloves when he is indeed wearing gloves?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hey you folks that are able to follow kickboxing because you don't sleep and have the ability to read Russian/Japanese - is tomorrow's card worth figuring out why my Xbox UFC Fightpass app is hosed up? Tomorrow is superbowl day in my household but I'd welcome a diversion.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dan Didio posted:

Turning himself in is Hari's way of finding the people responsible for his conviction and beating the poo poo out of them.

His exploits blend together. Is there an actual list of his run ins with the law anywhere?

I'm basically asking if he is a murderer.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Thanks for the info - so he is a legit thug piece of poo poo rather than a hothead in the wrong place at the wrong time...a bunch.

Good to know who to hate.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

So freaking cool how he generated so much power on that shot.

Very cool. That dude wanted the gently caress out of that fight though.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

imo kickboxing is really easy to watch as a sport, but really hard to watch as an entertainment product where you have to hunt it down on weird foreign streaming sites like a truffle pig. it's more like bowling where it's very percussive and easy to see and understand what's happening, but occasionally the mafia burn the alley down for insurance money.

Jesus Christ make this the OP. I would actually watch kickboxing instead of Cops re-runs.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

It's easy to watch in that it's two dudes trying to knock each other out, but it's hard to watch in comparison to boxing because of all the extra elements. There's way way more going on. I like to think I can follow boxing tactics, combinations and defence, I can't for the life of pick up on what kickboxers are trying to do. For example that high kick knock down or flying knee, how do you mimic or train for that, and how do you in the middle of a brawl decide to throw it. Its mental, next level stuff to boxing.

I totally hear what you are saying but after some Muay Thai you'd be amazed how high you can kick on a reflex. I'm amazed more arms aren't broken blocking head kicks.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Why is an anthropomorphic bean fighting a man?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm relatively newish to the kickboxing scene but is Bellator's Kickboxing stuff just as shady as Bellator MMA has been accused of?

If it involves kickboxers from out of the US, yes.

If it involves kickboxers from within the US, also yes.

Double points of boxers are involved.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Did Goodridge have a pre-existing health condition? He seems way more legit punchy than, well, anyone ever. (From not boxing combat sports)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

I'm in Amsterdam trying to find out who killed who at that Cassa Rosso pink neon elephant place, and getting away with it by telling people I know Alistair Overeem and his mates, and I'm getting really cool kickboxing adverts and promotios on Facebook/Twitter/YouTube advertising. Its very cultural.

Your British ability to bullshit without outright fibbing is amazing.

Pictures please.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

willie_dee posted:

Ohhh, ok, sorry for my ignorance, everything was lalbed Artis on the way there and the entrance itself had Artis written on it so I assumed it meant Zoo, because it was a Zoo.

I didn't get to meet Badr, he wasn't around (prison maybe?), if he had of been I'd of certainly given him a piece of my mind. There's a man who needs being told straight if ever I saw one.

Anyways I'm off to try some marijuana because it's legal here. I'm done with adventuring.

You strike me as an Indica type guy. REMEMBER THIS!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

TheReverend posted:

Who under 15 doesn't know Nirvana / Krist Novoselic?

Oh, the guy who actually knocked himself out throwing his bass.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hey Willie, you aren’t in Badr’s trunk or anything, right?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

DekeThornton posted:

Well obviously, this is the crime thread.

That's the most "kickboxing" thing I've ever seen.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Drago has spent the last 5 years I dunno reformatting himself for widescreen while Kyshenko went to China and became maybe the best 80kg kickboxer there is. This is hosed up

Gago Drago cannot be a real name and he looks like the living embodiment of the words, "Never Forget."

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Oh my, that's not a joke.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

vainman posted:

Finally watched Gerges / Hari and it sucked but I got a good angle on Gerges' tattoo of his own face

For the design, did he just cover himself in ink and slam himself facedown into a blank posterboard?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Troxartas posted:

We must all carry on in his spirit

Dunc was the literal best PSP poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

When do I get to hang out with VR Bob Sapp?