Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

SuperKombat is holding a "World Grand Prix" starting in an hour, available on Eurosport and whatnot. Four-man LHW tournament and a lot of Romanians kickboxing sloppily. I'll probably watch on the side at #mma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

There is every possibility that these live entrances are going to beat the actual fights in entertainment value and I am OK with it.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

This is a very bizarre B-level Romanian kickboxing card where dudes have enough skill to defend and avoid getting KO'd but at the same time lack the skill to actually finish the fight. Really nearest anyone got to a fight-finishing move is a dick-kick that got a point deducted.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

1. Crocop is now having a rematch with Jarrell Miller, the American boxer who beat him at the last "K-1" WGP and lost an absurd hometown decision

2. that tournament in Dubai went exactly as expected

3. The K-1 show in Thailand has been postponed due to the coup

4. Possibly related to the Noiri business, but something called the K-1 World League was announced, and as with all "world leagues" it naturally is Japanese fighters in Japan. It's being run by the guys who do Krush, and Krush owns. Dave Walsh doesn't seem to think it has anything to do with the other K-1 too.

1. That tournament should be essential viewing for anyone who wants to know about the state of modern-day kickboxing. From the absurd Mirko decisions, to the emancipated horse meat-less Badr Hari, to the Eastern European sideshow acts like the Stoica brothers and the audacity to call itself a K-1 World Grand Prix, all you need to know is that this is the second biggest kickboxing organization in the world putting on the best show they could.

4. I am all for Noiri and co. from childfight leagues to continue beating up on each other with reckless abandon.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Come join us in the K-1 stream for some dope DJing antics and a thai audience utterly lacking in fucks to give to this entertainment.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

K-1 going live right now.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

TKO (contract dispute)

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

This turned out to be the best thing after all.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Yuriy posted:

both stoica bros

it's superkombat so you'll get at least a few romanian whores stumbling around lipsyncing, maybe a live rap act or two and at least 2 or 3 people coming out to Sail

Also bad ring gear, bad henna tats, bad spinning poo poo and overwhelming 3-0 decisions for their opponents.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Two good fights, two solid finishes. SuperKombat exceeding all sorts of limits tonight.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

0-0 Swiss karateka handing a 20 fight veteran his rear end inside the first round, this is SuperKombat

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

STOICA TIME

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

three minutes, or 180 seconds of spinning jumping poo poo

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Eurosport Announcer posted:

I once described Gokhan Saki as looking like 'just a bloke'

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

STOICA TIME II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKLYdYxYrFQ

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Well that was a loving finish to a championship fight right there.

This SuperKombat card was easily more entertaining than the last three I watched combined. drat fine b-leeg kickboxing.

Bushmeister fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 25, 2014

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

K-1 is happening right now, fights have been extremely cool so far. Right now Goku is getting his rear end kicked in the first round.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

This just degenerated into the tiniest, wildest brawl I have seen all year.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Looks like Noiri vs Kaew fell through for some reason and Noiri's fighting a Dutchman instead. Kinda disappointed about that.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Man tonight was not Noiri's night. Teep'd in the dick and then getting his eyelid split open with a flying knee for a cut TKO. Poor guys in tears as he walks out.

Massaro Glunder looked real good though. Freakishly long legs and crisp knees.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Fedor is in the ring now for some reason, getting ceremonied?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Takeru is such a stupid fun fighter, someone is going to loving end his existence one of these days but until then this is hilarious as poo poo.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

The tournament final is going to be loving monstrous, and there's still Urabe/Hernandez to go. Highly recommended everyone checks this out, show is amazing.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Takeru just wailed on a crouched over dude for over a minute of bodyshots and knees and the ref did not even count it lmao

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

The finals are as amazing as I predicted and even more.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Oh man I have not had a beatdown-comeback-related rush like that since Saffiedine/Lim

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I am a better man for witnessing that.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

GLORY 22 is happening right now on Spike. Lightweight tournament and Rico Verhoeven in the main event.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

And this just happened like 5 minutes ago http://i.imgur.com/Dr6sNui.gifv

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Nut shots are not recognized by the state of France or its athletic sanctioning bodies.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

I have to say I've never watched any kickboxing but drat this thread has made me want to experience this crazy sport.

At one point there was an announcement of some pro kickboxer getting murdered at least once per page in this thread. Crazy.

Kickboxing. It's the king(pin) of sports.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Speaking of batshit fights looks like the 55KG WGP event is fully up on YouTube (and several shows after it too) and you really should watch the finals between Takeru and Taiga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD874EGZ3Uk

You should watch each guys' first and second round fights too from the same card as well as Massaro Glunder vs Masaaki Noiri from the same card. But watch the finals.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqIooSiGlDw

please every body watch this very good fight

Hahahaha what the gently caress was that referee doing.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

SuperKombat is happening tonight, we're two fights in with one spectacular head kick KO and now the Romanian Enya is performing live.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/RtAM9sDL2AQ

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Apparently he's been crowing for a year or more about how the political class is corrupt to the core and he would NEVER become a politician, and then suddenly, what a surprise, he joined a nationalist party founded by a holocaust denying Ceausescu lackey whose logo is Vlad the Impaler

romania.txt

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Is the main card gonna be on Fight Pass after the fact as well, or is it just Superfight series?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

what's been the change lately with this? i thought the chinese government was hesitant to allow combat sports due to it potentially screwing with their traditional martial arts stuff.

Pretty sure Kunlun just drew the highest ratings for broadcast TV in the entire country, and have been doing well on TV in general. You get enough money potential rolling, praying mantis style tai chi can go suck a thousand-year egg.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Takeru is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/LiverKickdotcom/status/756912217463803904

if I placed any money on this it would be on the fight not happening via Badr incarceration

edit: apparently it is not for the belt