Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

K-1's 60kg World GP is happening right now, there's a stream here but it requires a VPN connection through Japan https://abema.tv/now-on-air/fighting-sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Taiga just beat his first-round opponent so bad that he verbally quit at the end of the round and ran out of the ring & arena lmao

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

RIP the balls of Johannes Wolf 1988-2016

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Elba has a whole reality show miniseries coming out about the fighting thing in January, apparently him learning about the practicals & history of kickboxing and MT and then finishing with that fight. So with that in mind, it would have been a surprise to see him paired with a fighter that could have made him look terrible in his pro debut. Its not like Elba was aiming for the upper echelons of 85kg kickboxing anyway.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I tuned in in time to watch Takeru demolish a fool. A Good Start to the day

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Chinese fighter with the interesting strategy of purposefully antagonising Takeru. Let's see if this pans out for him.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

The End Result Might Shock You

https://twitter.com/Jolassanda/status/794125000202592256

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

That is dumb as gently caress on UFC's part, they don't even get the main card big fights to show. I'd much rather have K-1 Japan and Lion Fight and hell even SuperKombat (A-A-A-ANDREI, STOICA!)

edit: have to take that back a bit as they now seem to offer the possibility of ordering GLORY PPVs through Fight Pass much like their own PPV events. Alright then.

Bushmeister fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 3, 2016

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

That was killer, but those two shots while the guy was sitting down were unnecessary, especially the second one.

Yeah, apparently Yun Qi (the Chinese fighter) had been calling Takeru out before the event and then did this inbetween rounds one and two, and Takeru isn't exactly the most stable of fighters in the good times

https://twitter.com/GrabakaHitman/status/794123841727565828

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

what the poo poo are the Japanese feeding their kids these days

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Isn't Saki, like, serially injured?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

vainman posted:

Excluding China, I guess

No modern piss test is gonna catch tiger ball cream, ancient Chinese medicine wins again

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Novum posted:

I haven't watched enough Takeru fights to know if this is a consistent issue but I've seen enough old heroes whose chin's fail to know its gonna catch up to him.

Takeru is very willing to eat shots to give shots, and also to showboat/goad his opponent. He's not AS dumb about it as he was when I first saw him fight, but I still stand by my earlier prediction of "one of these days someone will end his loving existence"

Also why do these fighters want to intentionally piss Takeru off, why

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Massaro Glunder just took a snap high kick straight to the dick, ouch

edit: the crowd going "Whoooooo-O!" for the replays of the dick kick lol

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

EXCELLENT impersonation of "old woman lost at Costco" from the Turkish fighter after that headkick

Beautifully failed standing 8

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Some of those front kicks just sent the dudes flying, drat.

So is his deal just shaming larger foreign fighters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

K-1 is having a lightweight tournament happen this weekend, so hours upon hours of kickboxing overnight/early in the morning depending on where you are. Card is as follows (c/p from grabakahitman's blog because I am lazy):

Main Card – GAORA / Abema.tv (JP IP Required) – 12:30am ET / 9:30pm PT
Takeru vs. Koji Sumeragichi
TBD vs. TBD – Lightweight Final
Yoshiki Takei vs. Yodbuadaeng Fairtex
Masaaki Noiri vs. Riki Matsuoka
Hideaki Yamazaki vs. Rukiya Anpo
TBD vs. TBD – Lightweight Semifinal 2
TBD vs. TBD – Lightweight Semifinal 1
-INTERMISSION-
Riku Anpo vs. Taio Asahisa
Shuhei Kumura vs. Yuta Hayashi
Fumiya Osawa vs. Liu Wei – Lightweight Quarterfinal
Kyoshiro vs. Indigo Boyd – Lightweight Quarterfinal
Yuto Shinohara vs. Gonnapar Weerasakreck – Lightweight Quarterfinal
Kenta Hayashi vs. Nicolas Gaffie – Lightweight Quarterfinal
Hisaki Higashimoto vs. Shinichiro Kawasaki – Reserve

Preliminary Card – GAORA / Abema.tv (JP IP Required) – 11:30pm ET / 8:30pm PT
Masafumi Kurasaki vs. Tetsu
Seiya vs. Koji Suzuki
Aoshi vs. Yuto Kuroda

1. Is Takeru's opponent worth anything?
2. Anyone in the actual tournament worth keeping an eye on? It has been a while since I watched K-1 so none of the names immediately leap out at me
3. Any hot tips for spoofing a Japanese IP without having to purchase poo poo are greatly appreciated