Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

How bad is Pat Barry's opponent going to be in comparison to him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Is there a knockdown limit in Glory?

E:

colonel_korn posted:

Darn I forgot about the two-knockdown rule for tourneys, kinda lame as far as the bloodthirsty part of my brain is concerned.

Got it.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

This is a line of text

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Is no clinching a Glory thing too, or just for their tourneys?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Duke Roufus in a suit looks very strange.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Pat Barry gets knocked the gently caress out transcends sports and nationalities. The true unifier.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

This fight is ok but this cover of "What Is Love" owns

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Apparently he's been crowing for a year or more about how the political class is corrupt to the core and he would NEVER become a politician, and then suddenly, what a surprise, he joined a nationalist party founded by a holocaust denying Ceausescu lackey whose logo is Vlad the Impaler

I haven't exactly followed Romanian politics but I am surprised anyone who can be described as a Ceausescu lackey is still alive and living in Romania, much less having any sort of successful political activity there.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Didn't they shoot him and his old wife after pretending to have a trial for thirty minutes?

After being convicted of genocide and illegal accumulation of wealth in a brief kangaroo court held in his own home, he and his wife were executed on Christmas Day. The execution was broadcast on state television later that day — what little of it they were able to record anyway, the soldiers fired so quickly after the people who lead them to the execution room that the camera crew wasn't ready and only caught the last few of about 120 bullets fired into each. They had to draw a lottery for who got to be in the firing squad because hundreds volunteered.

He was so widely hated because while his country waited in hours-long lines for a daily ration of bread and sugar and could only keep their electricity on for a few hours each night, he lived in the largest non-palace political residence in the world and wore expensive suits once before having them destroyed for fear that they would somehow be used to poison him otherwise. He also was extremely paranoid to the point that it's believed he had some level of electronic surveillance on literally every household in Romania.

So even besides his political party stylizing themselves out of an ancient despot who eliminated poverty in his country by inviting Wallachia's poor and peasantry to his palace for a feast in order to round them up to be summarily executed, it goes without saying that Daniel Ghita is keeping very questionable company in his political ambitions.

e: You can also still to this day buy a shitton of merchandise with Vlad's face on it throughout Romania, but I assume this is done because he's readily recognizable to tourists who come to visit the region and tour "Dracula's castle," which is a castle and dungeon in the hills that he maybe visited for a night one time. I don't have much of a peg on popular sentiment towards him among Romanians.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 24, 2015

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

WWEs Mauro Ranallo is on commentary tonight for Glory 30. That dude is making money all over the drat place right now.

Wait is Mauro seriously on WWE right now?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

I wish they allowed elbows and more clinch work

Wouldn't this be muay thai without leg kicks basically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

"Sheridan was found guilty of possessing an imitation firearm at a sports centre"

what an exquisitely specific law

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 9, 2018