Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Good lord Masato gets trounced for three good rounds so badly that Buakaw almost stopped beating the poor dude at the end of the third.The the extra round happens and he says gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Traditional MT makes limited use of boxing generally 1-2 and then progressing to blast the opponent with all kinds of kicks ,elbows and knees in the clinch.The punches are the set up to other techniques because they don't score them.Also the guard is much more open (generally speaking) to allow better use of elbows.Sometimes in third rounds you see thais just completely abandoning the punches and just kick themselves into elbow range.If I remember correctly Buakaw lost a GP final because his boxing , while really good for a thai was fairly predictable and got counterpunched to death.

Racists:The way Masato o Sato ? got awarded and extra round in the K-1 Max GP in 2004 was shameful , off course Buakaw took offence and murdered him.

This whole thing has made me feel really nostalgic.It's been almost 10 years since I started watching lovely clips of tiny thai and japanese dudes destroying themselves and made me want to emulate them.Along with the Don Frye and Takayama face trauma'ing each other.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 18, 2014