Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Most people here probably know already but K-1 has a pretty considerable fight library on youtube, and Glory has some stuff up there as well.

K-1's Channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOCxuUfoSTzKvl_Nl67vkuA

And Glory's is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKj5FIgxeihLRLDpVqKp_aA

There's a lot of available there ranging from high end championship level to fun dumb fights if you're looking to get into kickboxing a little bit more. If you can't find it on one of the official channels there's a good chance it could be up on youtube anyway.

If you're looking to check something out Buakaw's 2004 GP run is one of my favourites as online at least he was largely considered the token Thai boxer in the tournament who was smaller and wouldn't adapt well to the kickboxing style of K-1 while everyone was having flame wars over Zambo/JWP/Masato/Kraus. The use of the teep in the final match :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
I stopped watching Kickboxing around 2006 and started again a year or so ago, could you recommend some good fights I've missed? I've seen Saki v. Ghita but not much else from that period.

Edit - I was always pretty anti-masato but I had to respect his toughness after that fight, poor guy ended up in hospital with internal bleeding. Thanks judges.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

Ditch posted:

I don't see the Masato fight on the K-1 channel. Am I just missing it?

Maybe not, just youtube search it, there's multiple copies up.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

LvK posted:

Hey dudes, what would be some good particularly good kickboxing cards to watch? I'm especially interested in old K-1 cards (this has nothing to do with having a source for them, cough cough) (this also has nothing to do with my boner for 1 night/1 week tournaments, ahack, splat), but I'm down with whatever anyone can point me towards.

Youtube homie.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Dekkers has a lot of cool fights, Rayen Simsom fights are pretty cool. It's cool to how he lost some fights vs the Thai's as well to appreciate their style a bit more, I won't drop names as not to spoil fights though.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Last man standing was a lot of fun, glory is a lot of fun.

I understand Levin is really, really good but why is his lunge in then body shot so effective? It looks like he's open to be countered especially when opponents know it's a go to technique for him.

I'd really like to see him rematch Simon Marcus or fight Wayne Barret next.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

Full fight here:

http://youtu.be/nao0-9XbEcM

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Is glory just having a long break between events or are they having difficulties? Looking at the website they don't have anything scheduled.

I want to see Saki spin kick a dude in the head.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

That's awesome, thanks. Glory has had some awesome fights.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

saki and spong in mma

While I'm sure they still might have some cool fights this seems like a huge waste to me. Saki in particular is probably ny favourite fighter and he finally moved to an appropriate weight class.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

glory is no longer a big money proposition and the guys with big contracts are gone or going

Do you have any further reading on this? I did a quick google but couldn't find anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Badr: I love my fans
*fans cheer*
Badr: Let me finish!