Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Nice. Fresh new thread. Pumped for Glory tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yea I was wondering what happened to Glory. Every event was good, the tv numbers were good, and I think they were making good money off gates (including in the US?) Then I didn't here anything for ages. Really weird and a shame. So glory's demise in spite of all the promise can be chalked up to dumb contracts and kickboxing being run by inept criminals?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

A Thai name.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This is ridiculous. The longest break before a 4th rd.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Gregor Samsa posted:

Details please. Not watching the stream and am now very upset about that.

Kehl in my opinion won 2-1. He outstruck Buakaw. Buakaw hit trips and threw Kehl to the floor a bunch but he was pretty ineffective outside of that. He had a bull rush in the 3rd and thats the rd I gave him. You could argue the 1st a draw if you wanted to. After the fight the judges took a while to calculate the scores and when they announced a draw Buakaw was gone. They were filling time trying to find him and after like 8 minutes the announcer just said "Buakaw has left the building" and they awarded Kehl the victory.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

That's a really flimsy looking belt.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Rename the thread to Dutch Criminal News.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I was gonna try to go to the Glory show in February when I saw it was in Virginia. I assumed the town they listed would be in the greater DC area but it's in the rear end end south east of the state near Virginia Beach. That turns the trip from not so bad into gently caress it. Why is Glory running in weird markets like southern VA and Oklahoma and not sticking to LA, Chicago, NY, Denver and other big markets like they were doing before?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

everybody watch these.

the guy in the pink shorts had no business in there.

I picked out the guy in the pink shorts just by looking at the video thumbnails.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I remember that brief window of hope I had for kickboxing when glory was airing quality events in a reasonable time frame like two years ago.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 4, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Sorry to bring it back to kickboxing, but I totally forgot that Glory was this Friday until I heard Schilling talking about it on Rogan's podcast. It's a good episode and the card looks pretty cool.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Andy "9.5 inch reach advantage" Ristie just crushed "Stone Cold" Steve Moxon within 1 rd.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I was looking up Schilling on Wikipedia. He might have one of the funniest boxing records.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Bubba Smith posted:

The problem I see is MMA is a mostly trashy entertainment and attracts the demographic Spike wants so it already fits with their programming while kickboxing is a gentleman's sport and might be too classy for American audiences.

lol

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

amazing

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This card is going to be really good. HW qualification tournament, MW title fight, and a co-main featuring a Kenpo guy who does really weird kicks. Everybody watch.

e- I basically paraphrased what you said because I'm incredibly tired

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 9, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

heavyweights

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The matches probably shouldn't have been made to begin with, but like 3 bouts have now ended with guys just giving up when they could go on.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

http://only-tv.org/bojtsovskij-club.html

Akhmat (a promotion run or supported by war uh, unsavoury guy Ramzan Kadyrov) is half way through right now. Main event is Badr Hari if anyone still gives a poo poo. His intro video is going to be an insane action movie short for some reason.

This all sounds good, but this stream is loving awful. It's like watching Dish TV during a storm.

e- And they just showed a clip of Weidman koing Silva followed by Tanks driving around in the dirt shooting rounds.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i'm watching on channel 2 and it's ok

Yea I switched to Kahan 2 but it's really choppy. I guess that's better than scrambled.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

anybody who didn't see this ridiculous spectacle really should, the whole thing is hilarious in a way that's difficult to describe, and it all begins with a short film in which a swat team which may or may not be led by ramzan kadyrov break badr hari out of police custody from "somewhere in the west"

I missed it but I'm gonna assume Hari was freed from this prison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDZ5tg98Ak8

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Glory 24 is on with a 1 man heavyweight Tournament taking place in Denver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87w655s3xKc&t=60s

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 10, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

4 title fights including a brother vs brother rematch, a Noiri fight on the undercard, and 2 Koshien finals. If you're one of the people who can deal with nicovideo this is probably going to be the card of the year

Looks cool. Also if I'm reading that correctly I think the card starts at 1:30 AM EST?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

That's when the doors open. Card starts at 4pm Tokyo time which is 3am EST and 8am UK time :pwn:

drat. I thought this finally might be a manageable Japanese card to watch live. Also I wish US fighters used Thai fighter naming conventions. I want Chad Alphamale and Brock DeathClutch on a card.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Tezcatlipoca posted:

That's TJ Elevation

I made an edit but TJ Elevation is also a good name

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqIooSiGlDw

please every body watch this very good fight

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Oh also the card will stream live on ESPN3, which is apparently not a tv channel but an on line service

This is actually really good then. ESPN3 is free for all Americans and in HD.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

CommonShore posted:

It asked me to sign in with my TV provider.

If you clicked on a non-ESPN3 video with a key next to it, you need provider info. All ESPN3 streams are free in the US (and I think a lot of other places). This is the list of all free upcoming events on ESPN 3.
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/#type/upcoming/channel/espn3/

Glory is under "Karate" and won't be available to watch or load until it starts.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

CommonShore posted:

I'm in Canada.

Oh, well, I know people in Latin America who can use it. Guess you're out of luck.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

ESPN3 link http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2697462/

e- what do the points next to fighters in the rankings mean

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The production team really needs to lay off the super bassy sound effect they're using for everything

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Mauro keeps pronouncing the Thai guy's name as sits-on-peen-ong

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Linkin Park quota met

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Van Roosmalen is not dealing with Sitsongpeenong's range well at all.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

That was an absolute robbery

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

4pm Eastern on ESPN 3:

Nice thanks for the heads up. It seems ESPN 3 has Bellator now too which is weird. The main is only available in Spanish but there are probably a lot of people without spike (in the US) so that's good.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

If you're in the US watch here

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2711085/

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Well, that was quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Is this Romanian guy any good? He wasn't that convincing the few times I've seen him.