Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Plot twist: the gym the guy runs is Power of Dream, which is notable for two reasons. One is that Jaideep Singh (lol) trains there, but more importantly, it's where Kazuo Misaki did his striking training. So Misaki soccer kicking Akiyama's face to pieces and then scolding him for betraying the children finally makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

Wait what's this about Akiyama betraying children?

in the best new year's eve display of all time, Misaki knocked out disgraced cheater Akiyama, lectured him, then stole his catchphrase

quote:

"You betrayed the trust of many fans and children, and it is something that I cannot overlook," Misaki lectured a woozy Akiyama in a strange scene at the center of the ring. "But you fought well tonight and you showed heart. From this point forth, I want to see you put your sincerity and a feeling of apology into fighting for the fans and the children."

it was and continues to be weird, but now i know why he was suddenly invoking The Children: because he trained in a gym full of troubled kids and that year was the year the murder suicide kid arrived

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

oh no, my andy hug died

lol

Dave Walsh of liverkick is thinking of giving up on the web site game

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Glory 53 is on now, there's been a bunch of changes to the card since the last time it was posted, but Doumbe just knocked out Thongchai in like 30 seconds

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Petchpanomrung just completely kicked the poo poo out of Abdellah Ezbiri inside 2 rounds. Ezbiri beat Noiri just 6 months ago, he's a super solid fighter.

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/995392186320637953

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

MrBling posted:

I thought his name was Petpanomrung or this another murder-thai?

same guy, the rightful glory champion

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

drat that reminded me of a Remy Bojansky ko of some poor rear end in a top hat back in the day.

everybody remembers the ko and nobody remembers that it was vernon white lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
videos from Kunlun should be dripping out today, pretty solid 61.5kg tournament (not sure if it's one night or not, I don't think it is) and a Kyshenko fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
yo since this thread is about 5 years old and the kickboxing landscape is again a very different beast i thought it might be time for a new thread, so i'm going to slowly write one up and include as many promotions and how to watch them as possible. does anybody have any recommendations for streaming muay thai promotions or anything else you think people should watch?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I didn't realise because I just watched the Jiangsu TV stream, but Kunlun do iPPV for $5.99 now

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
checking out random fights from the latest Krush card that got uploaded to the K-1 youtube channel, fairly sick ending to a Japanese heavyweight fight

https://i.imgur.com/dJ0AfCk.mp4

Kana's fight went to an extra round decision so it seems they're finding competitive girl fights. Fumiya, who was just a few months ago in a disgusting, gruelling brawl that you should watch if you haven't already is in the following pretty good fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiuC9Mp0Fs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Nabiyev is really good and all of the Sugden boys are lots of fun