Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

They're also starting to hold PPV shows
which Dutch congressman do I write to stop this from happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
cool

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

c'mon sergei

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Solomonic posted:

This is a line of text

i mean, come on, Glory is above that bush league poo poo

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

welp

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

is Sergei aware that a fight is happening right now

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol they still want to ride dustin jacoby into the grave

lol I was about to post the same thing. Ever since you brought it up, they can't go a broadcast without showing him.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

#13 ranked Dustin Jacoby

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Yep, that went about as I expected months ago

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I like Pat Barry but he needs to understand that MMA heavyweights are way worse than kickboxing heavyweights.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

So the Crocop fight at Glory 17 is going to be on the Spike portion of the card and not headlining the PPV. Apparently it was supposed to be Pat Barry vs Crocop 2 but whelp :pwn:

might as well do that fight anyway.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Where's Noiri going to go? That seems like a weird guy to let leave when he likely would have been a staple of Glory's lightweight division

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Speaking of which, Miguel Torres is signed,

Miguel Torres OUT! of promotional debut for Glory 17 Los Angeldoesanybodypossiblygiveashitaboutthisstory

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

that last body shot was brutal

however, my question after watching is what age does it become inappropriate to have a hairstyle like that?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

:stare:

I want to say that's the weirdest & most fearful thing I've seen in combat sports but I know that isn't true.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Glory 18 is probably going to be early October

Related:

GLORY is also pleased to announce that the broadcast deal with SPIKE TV has been extended to cover 2015. Dates for this year’s remaining events will be announced in the next few weeks.
http://www.gloryworldseries.com/en/news/view/620

Not quite the 20 year deal I was hoping for, but at least there's another year of kickboxing on free tv in the US.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

henkman posted:

I thought Aerts retired

- a thought shared by everyone since 2011

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I hadn't heard of Ron Nyqvist and always thought Bas Boon was responsible for Golden Glory. drat. That guy's life was loving intense.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

yeah and the article I read about the CBS deal is they're on a 1 week delay. So it's cool, but it sounds like the Spike broadcasts are still going to be their focus for the US market.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The ratings are doing well compared to Bellator I think. Bellator averages like ~750k viewers when it isn't a circus show of a card and Glory is doing ~500k. I dunno what kind of money they're sinking into Glory already but it can't possibly come close to whatever they paid Tito Ortiz let alone the rest of the Bellator roster.

The problem I see is MMA is a mostly trashy entertainment and attracts the demographic Spike wants so it already fits with their programming while kickboxing is a gentleman's sport and might be too classy for American audiences. Viacom purchasing Glory would be a good thing for the company but it wouldn't be long before Rico Verhoeven is hitting people with fake hammers.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

i was kidding. Well, sort of. Glory has done a good job of presenting kickboxing as a sport rather than something that should come on after Cops or Tattoo Whores or video game awards or whatever junky TV they air on Spike all the time. Viacom probably wouldn't mess with Glory too much but I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it a little more towards pro wrestling & reality TV, like they did with Bellator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

RIP to that guy