Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Maybe someone here can help me remember something: A few years ago when I followed punchmans more closely, I watched a fight that had been hyped in the threads here. The fighters weren't extremely well known, one was Japanese and had maybe dyed blonde and/or spiked up hair, the other was darker skinned, maybe Thai or South American, I don't remember. I know it went to decision after constant back and forth, and the Japanese guy was pretty handsome and they may have cut to his worried girlfriend a few times. It was probably fought at like, middleweight-ish. I'd say probably 165 or 170. The Japanese guy wore blue shorts, I think, and one of those Thai style armbands. The darker guy wore black shorts. It was brought up here semi-frequently as an example of a really good kickboxing fight. I know that's not a ton to go on but I might as well take a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Nah I know them. They were definitely not really high profile guys.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kimbo305 posted:

What org was it? Was it kickboxing or Muay Thai?

It could have been K-1, but not 100%. Definitely kickboxing. Probably between 2007 and 2011 or so.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

There's a new organisation that sprouted in Japan called "KNOCK OUT", which notably uses Thai rules

Here's 18 year old prospect Tenshin Nagashima fighting current Lumpinee stadium champ Wanchalong

https://twitter.com/Kento19990724/status/805743680581533696

Extremely fucken cool

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Skip My Posts posted:

Steroids have changed hari's face incredibly

He looks like the artist's rendition of his own face based on the eyewitness testimony of a grandma who watched him beat up her son, a convenience store clerk, from a broom closet

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

What's up with Petrosyan? Are his hands too beanbagged to fight real opponents or is there another reason he hasn't fought someone I've heard of in half a decade

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Marching Powder posted:

In real time I thought it was a hook that dropped him and was just about to declare that guy the most dangerous hooker I'd ever seen. The replay disappointed me in a way that hasn't happened since the talk vis a vis father christmas.

The first camera angle really does look like some kind of light speed right hook counter. I think it has to do with the other guys arm dangly whatsits.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I'm gonna be at my fweakin in laws' and they have redneck satellite internet so someone better link to tweets with gifs of all the good parts

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The landscape is so fractured it'll probably never happen, but Noiri is definitely big enough for lightweight and there are some incredible fights for him there

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I guess that makes those other guys the worst you've ever seen. That's some tough man contest poo poo what the heck

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

All dead already :(

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Gracias

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kimbo305 posted:

There's a kickboxing thread and yeah that's extremely rad poo poo

It's a foul cuz the guy's taken a knee at the point of contact, no?
[/quote]

Probably but since i don't even know who they are i don't care about the result, just that it's cool

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://twitter.com/_Yodsanan/status/983677412742483968

In the latest stadium rankings I could find, Rodtung (rod tongue, lmfao) was ranked #1 at Lumpinee at 130lbs. It's assumed this is his June fight for KNOCK OUT, which is why on the Rizin May show he's fighting a WSOF bum whose only pro kickboxing experience is losing a fight 8 years ago to a z tier fighter.

The next KNOCK OUT show is on Saturday, should be streaming live on Periscope again. Despite how that sounds, it's a full TV feed not some guys pointing a phone, and their shows are usually great fun. Keep your eyes on https://twitter.com/kb_knockout show is due to start at 1am/4am Pacific/Eastern, 9am British time.

That’s badass, but to kimbo’s point I can’t remember the rules for either knockout or rise so I’m not sure which if either is better?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Troxartas posted:

We must all carry on in his spirit

God bless, friend

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kimbo305 posted:

The ruleset is brutal, but the skill level from that highlight doesn't seem to be very high. The damage is a detractor for top flight talent, I'm sure.

It’s bloody but the hits are probably a lot less damaging. The bigger turnoff is surely that Burma is poor as gently caress and a shithole compared to Bangkok

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Seltzer posted:

Also I spent days trying to penetrate the Burmese internet to figure out how to watch this event live and I'm coming up empty. Canal + Myanmar doesn't stream, fox sports Asia doesn't have the event on their schedule and Burmese streaming inst a big enough market for our Russian pirate friends. I think some Burmese people on youtube just youtube streamed the last event live which I assume worked because I doubt WLC has a big anti-piracy team but I don't even know when the event is airing EST to even look for the streams. I was going to try and skype some random Burmese WLC fans to figure out how to watch this but I've been busy.

Heroic effort

kimbo305 posted:

Yes, the pay cut is probably not worth it, but I don't think a decently wrapped fist is any less damaging (in the rock your brain sense) than big gloves. Smaller surface area could mean better chance of cracking an orbital or jaw. Though it is somewhat gated by trying not to punch so hard as to break your hand during the fight.

That and the knees, elbows, and kicks are all the same as normal kickboxing.

Definitely looked to me like they were trying to glance their punches to set up other stuff instead of turning their hands into bags of sand and blood

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

vainman posted:

I also remember there being basically no warning when a child fight was starting, a tradition that is probably going to be a problem for syndication

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSxwrMkz9ws

Lol yikes

Another thing to consider with the head punches is that since they don’t make all that much, a hand injury is even worse news. In boxing a guy can let loose a bit when he gets big cause a million dollar purse takes you a long way. These guys’ checks, not so much

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Mekchu posted:

Not too sure anyone cares but Khaos did an event today.

Khaos.6

Results are on this page and I'm looking for any of the stream VODs or whatever to link as well.

https://www.k-1.co.jp/schedule/16476/

In addition K-1 is doing a 90kg Tournament on the 24th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_in_K-1#K-1_World_GP_2018_-90kg_World_Tournament

Cruiserweight 90 kg (Quarterfinals) - OD-KEN vs. Sina Karimian
Cruiserweight 90 kg (Quarterfinals) - K-JEE vs. Brian McGrath
Cruiserweight 90 kg (Quarterfinals) - Hitoshi Sugimoto vs. England Aundre Groce
Cruiserweight 90 kg (Quarterfinals) - Makoto Uehara vs. Masinissa Hamaili
Cruiserweight 90 kg (Reserve) - RUI vs. Furuta Taichi

Kind of wish I knew there was an event a bit earlier because I could've gone to Japan for that event.

I care, sweetheart

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Seltzer posted:

I couldn't find the event after they messaged me but it's up now

https://www.fite.tv/watch/lethwei-heartless-tigers/2obcw/

This is loving cool

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Seltzer posted:

Tenshin vs floyd mayweather is going to happen in rizin

Floyd honorably choosing to work his way up the ranks before being murdered by Takeru

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Schiavello is probably full of it but if they get Petrosyan to fight Yodsanklai in this ill lose it

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

They took it down :mad:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Goddamn that was smooth

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kimbo305 posted:

https://twitter.com/Beyond_Kick/status/1449025688166707200

Petrosyan's 35, but has been fighting since 2003. Could just be catching up to him?

OTOH, he simply let Superbon throw the same kick 3 times.

I mean the first two didn't do anything but haha yeah he should have adjusted SOMETHING

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Boco_T posted:

Here's a compilation DEEP☆KICK uploaded of all their KOs from 2022. Some pretty good ones in here, though turn your volume down because half of the audio is the announcer yelling the winner's name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd1cQZetDMA

Heck yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

It’s really hard to imagine badr hari wasn’t also dripping with juice, this is a set up