Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

der juicen posted:

Why... why can't I quit you Call of Duty. :shepface:

One of us. One of us. One of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

der juicen posted:

Why... why can't I quit you Call of Duty. :shepface:

The real question is PS4 or Xbone.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

anybody who buys a next-gen console for another COD reskin made on the Quake 3 engine is going to feel stupid as absolute gently caress

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

anybody who buys a next-gen console for another COD reskin made on the Quake 3 engine is going to feel stupid as absolute gently caress

What if I buy one because I also wanna play eVOLVE and Destiny?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You can play the sub-HD 20-30 fps version of Destiny on your 360.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Can I get a spreadsheet on goon console of choice for this generation? Speed tests, KD graphs, SPM, all also very appreciated.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Fibby Boy posted:

What if I buy one because I also wanna play eVOLVE and Destiny?

Yeah, there are other games coming out. Oh Watchdogs.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can someone link me to this mask "spergout"?! Is it one specific post or a series of posts/pages?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

8bitlawd posted:

Call of Duty Advanced Reskin Fighter 2014 (ALL NEW ROSTERS & SET PIECES) -- Insert Mountain Dew & Doritos credits for QUINTUPLE XP Boost

I'm sure not tired of the last four years of reading this post and I'm sure as hell looking forward to another year of it.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

If there's anything that's going to get me to buy a nextgen console when I already have a strong PC, it's going to be a COD reskin made on the Quake 3 engine. Hopefully PS4 support is forthcoming with the XIM4 http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=3819.msg411330#msg411330

e:

versus fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 2, 2014

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Relevant to this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U0SUsXrgCM

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
is anyone gonna actually buy this on the bone?

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
Stop spoiling everything! I'm still waiting for the official reveal.

http://www.callofduty.com/new-era

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Maybe that's the countdown to the Netflix/Activision merger that I read about in this thread.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I actually managed to quit COD ama.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Good to see they're sticking with that joke.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I would be completely okay with Infinity Ward becoming the little bitch boy of the CoD studios.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
So what's the over/under that Advance Warfare will end (unintentionally) with Kevin Spacey being the most sensible character in the game and PMCs actually being sympathetic? Since BlOps2 I figured it would be a given, but I'd like something more conclusive.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Oh come on youre going to defect within the first 45 minutes and spend the rest of the game trying to force a muslim woman to vote.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

So is this the yearly thread for Liquid Stuart morgue stories?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Rei_ posted:

Oh come on youre going to defect within the first 45 minutes and spend the rest of the game trying to force a muslim woman to vote.

We're going to help nations in crisis achieve peace and sovereignty while making sure equal rights is protected, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it, foolish heroes!!! :unsmigghh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MizPiz posted:

So what's the over/under that Advance Warfare will end (unintentionally) with Kevin Spacey being the most sensible character in the game and PMCs actually being sympathetic? Since BlOps2 I figured it would be a given, but I'd like something more conclusive.

To be fair, I'm not entirely sure that wasn't intentional on Blops 2's part.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

It just occurred to me that Frank Underwood loves FPS games. Did somebody say "product placement/metatextual cameo"?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

VJeff posted:

To be fair, I'm not entirely sure that wasn't intentional on Blops 2's part.

I could see that, but I just saw it as a means to say the good guys are always good even when the bad guy is sympathetic. There's just not enough to show that you're actually supposed to identify with the character.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Also great to see CoD breaking new ground with an Evil PMC plot, a plot never before seen ever in a video game, ever.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Who here is pumped for the E3 demo of Sledgehammer's Exo-Dog Mo-cap tech?

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 3, 2014

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MizPiz posted:

I could see that, but I just saw it as a means to say the good guys are always good even when the bad guy is sympathetic. There's just not enough to show that you're actually supposed to identify with the character.

I dunno. I got the ending where Menendez kills Frank and the vibe I got sure felt like "Frank had this coming to him."

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
An unnamed developer is making the last-gen version of the game.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/03/shgames-developing-the-next-gen-another-studio-developing-360ps3-versions/

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Liquid Penguins posted:

Can I smoke weed in first person in this game?

No, because this isn't made by Infinity Ward :iw:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Sorry guys, there's no Wii U version coming out this year. I guess it just wasn't selling enough for some dumb reason.

Thank You Card
Mar 20, 2007

I'm your only friend.

DStecks posted:

Also great to see CoD breaking new ground with an Evil PMC plot, a plot never before seen ever in a video game, ever.

Who plays CoD for the creativity? :rolleyes:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

You can't build democracy by killing stuff. You need education and rights and oh gently caress it this is too hard :moreevil:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Rei_ posted:

45 minutes is a pretty long time for a 5 hour game.
:iamafag:

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Thank You Card posted:

Who plays CoD for the creativity? :rolleyes:

This is the fourth Call of Duty in a row that features fighting in a major American city, and I could be wrong but I also think Blops 2 had a spider mecha-tank first.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Sorry guys, there's no Wii U version coming out this year. I guess it just wasn't selling enough for some dumb reason.

What did they think was going to happen when they sold a gimped version that was rarely patched and didn't offer any of the map packs?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

limaCAT posted:

45 minutes is a pretty long time for a 5 hour game.
:iamafag:

That's weird, most people(children) have hundreds of hours in these games.

A SWELL DUDE
Feb 8, 2005

THIS will be the year they turn the franchise around! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Mill Village posted:

What did they think was going to happen when they sold a gimped version that was rarely patched and didn't offer any of the map packs?

Free money.

• Locked thread