Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

So is this the yearly thread for Liquid Stuart morgue stories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Is "campoflauge" a [sic] or are you editorializing? Either way it's apt.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Is this actually worth watching because I'm like 10 seconds in and I already wanna punch him

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Does anyone still have the Blops 2 parody trailer? That's how you do a proper sendup.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Haha, yeah, that's the one.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

You... You mean that they aren't using all of that valuable input from the community to tighten up the graphics on level 3? :ohdear:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

If I was following the E3 video properly, I hope it means we get sweet robo-arms.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I'm glad they're finally introducing Verticality (tm) to the Call Of Duty series.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

This forced banter is the worst.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

It's fun to set up a game where it's a bunch of bots v. you and then you goof off with ridiculous classes. Or if your SO/little brother/charity case wants to play but you don't want to carry them.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

oh, you flipped spawns because you were :airquote: pushing too hard :airquote:? Good news soldier, not only did you just cap C but you can follow it up by capping A!

Some people think a good strategic spawn trap for a 200-66 win is fun.

gently caress that.

Always
Be
Capping

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Batman with a hotdog was pretty good. I wanted to link the giant gallery from the BLOPS2 thread but I can't find it anymore. :/

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I'm allowing myself to get excited for a CoD game again, at least enough to preorder the poopsock edition so I can hang out with my XBros early Monday morning.

Are we still going to pretend to like Destiny once this comes out?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Guys, I'm actually excited to play shotmans with you all again. Is this Stockholm Syndrome or am I legit mentally ill now?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

orly posted:

I got this for PC. Get in on this poo poo while its on the ground floor.

Congrats on wasting $60.

You know, unlike the rest of us (who wasted $60).

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I only eat artisanal toast, browned by hand using a magnifying glass under the fading winter sun.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

It kills me that the playerbase for this game is so adverse to change that a "classic" playlist has to be included.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

So you get your C4, but you have to use a sniper rifle to use it :negative:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

univbee posted:

It uses static electricity. :v:

Same technology that gives us these bad boys:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

univbee posted:

So I'd say you guys are the experts, what was the difference that made Ghost so poo poo and its predecessors less poo poo? What did Ghosts change that broke everything?

Giant maps with no Ground War in past-gen, lackluster scorestreaks, nerfing C4 and shield because of the ~*~MLG community~*~

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

I know some of you guys loved it, but when it comes to dominate the metagame, and you need to keep a specific build to combat it, it's appropriate to nerf it. Your mileage, etc.

It was the only kind of fun thing in an otherwise bland game; once they did away with it, what little luster had remained was gone. I get the need to keep the game balanced, but it's still an accurate answer to the question.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

DJCobol posted:

Turned my Xbone on for the first time in months. Hoping to download as soon as I get through 30,000 updates.

How are you not using it as an All-in-One Entertainment System (tm)?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

ethanol posted:

why don't you just pay off your preorder when you pick up your preorder

You have to pay them off beforehand at some places so they can move the lines quicker at midnight.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

A Dire Weresloth posted:

RAMIREZ! PRAY AT THAT COFFIN!

:thurman:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

We're all dead and Call of Duty is our ironic Dante-esque punishment for eternity. Embrace it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

so like 20 pages ago someone asked what people were predicting about Ghosts, so instead of doing the tons of work I have to do, I put the $10 I spent on archives to work and found my predictions...

on Black Ops 2:

and Ghosts:

These are good posts

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I think I got screwed by the preload glitch. It's just sitting there saying "Updating 100%" and not going anywhere.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I had to start the download all over again :smith:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

After playing for a few hours last night, I'm cautiously optimistic. The exo movements are fantastic, and right now no one is expecting you to drop onto their face out of the sky so you've got an upper hand in that regard for the time being. The TTK feels pretty much like Call of Duty, though there have been a handful of times where I've stopped firing because I thought the guy was dead only to have him ice me shortly thereafter. Maps seem to be sized right and don't feel like giant empty boxes like Ghosts, though I think I've only played 4 or 5 of them. Hopefully this game is fun because it's actually fun, and not just because of the newness.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Oh, one thing I have noticed that's kinda annoying: I bought the chat adapter a few days ago to use with my old 360 Turtle Beaches, and the chat and game sound seem to be mixed together so I can't adjust their volume separately. Is this just a general XBOne issue or is it tied directly to COD? It's annoying to try to make out what people are saying in-game, and you miss out on death mics if you're in party chat. :smith:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

venutolo posted:

This might be relevant info to you: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1F800DOG4XBSB/

If I recall correctly, this is what I read and followed to allow my mixamp to handle the game and chat volumes separately, but that was a while ago, so I don't really remember.

Awesome, I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Nighthand posted:

Which headset are you trying to get to work? I'm gonna try those steps too and see if I can finagle something.

I snagged X42s used hoping I could get them to work, but neglected to notice the tiny fine print hidden in a compatibility page that says you need to use the kinect as a mic and the mic doesn't work with the chat adapter, which makes no sense to me because what's the goddamn point of the chat adapter then?

I also tried to hook up my old X11s but I couldn't hear or broadcast chat at all, but I also don't know if that was a problem with AW or with the chat adapter. I also use that set for my PC and switching back and forth constantly would be a pain in the rear end.

I have some wireless Ear Force Bravos that weren't working at all with the adapter- sound was dropping out every few seconds and they were generally useless. I also have a wired XL1 that was having the issue ven's post is supposed to fix, so it might just be a wireless vs. wired issue. Or the adapter could just suck :iiam:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Is this game any different than the older ones?

You can jump really high and boost. Also dubstep guns.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Seymour Buttz posted:

Is the text displaying who's currently talking in multiplayer supposed to be loving HUGE and pretty much in the middle of the screen or is something wrong with my game?

That's just how it is. It hasn't bugged me much, but I'm sure it'll be something that'll get patched shortly.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Yeah, the latency has been all over the place, particularly in Ground War.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

BabelFish posted:

It's a crime they didn't add an AI upgrade to that thing, I'd use it every time if it had one.

As it stands I find I invariably get jumped from behind while using it. The boost jumps and crazy spawn logic means I get flanked and killed.

There is. The Sentry upgrade lets it do it's thing without your input.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Please stop.

Hey, are you on PS4? Add me psn: squarepushr

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

So, uh, this game seems super hosed up on XBOne right now. No audio in lobby, constantly freezes trying to find games... I thought the patch was supposed to help?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

what's everyone's favorite beer? I like Miller Lite since apparently it's the reason my old man shacked up with my mom. welp, peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Anything but Miller Lite.

:cmon:

• Locked thread