Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
So, the Microsoft DLC exclusivity period will be intact through CoD:AWe, and here's a piece on movement and such.

quote:

boost-dodge toward cover, perform super-jumps to elevated positions, climb buildings with magnetic gloves, cloak themselves with optic campoflauge, and hover in mid-air.

"across all modes," so possibly MP will feature this eclectic mix of abilities as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
It is (or was) a [sic]. Editorial standards on CoD-centric websites are not of the highest quality.

Though that's a good point. SMG rushing invisibly might also be a thing. Or re-enact your Predator fetish.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Who better to consult?

No one ever mentions the first mission where you charge side by side with Jonas Savimbi. There's a pretty clear message in these setpieces.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

The singularity calling the kettle black. :growing::ironicat:

I mean, technically, I-C was defunding a sponsor of terror....

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

Are we counting maps where you can mortar certain cap points non-stop?

That is not a problem with the map.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

It was a pretty loving awesome map to get an AC-130 on, that's true.

Otherwise, the idyllic radioactive scenery, Interventions spinning and SNAPing in the pubbie's mating display, the bunker constantly exploding...what's not to like?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

That's true about the dead zones on Wasteland, but pounding the spawns by the chopper pad, etc were sufficiently rewarding.

But yeah, putting a 105 on the doorway of the Afghan big bunker was the best.

Maybe they'll just reskin the '130 for this game; we can hope.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"introduces verticality," hahahaha.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Shield looks to be deployable from the exo-suit, but with a battery time-limit?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"Directed Energy Weapons," there's your fuckin' lasers.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Create a Class looks very similar to Blops 2, yeah. And the 0 to 4 scorestreaks thing confirmed.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

It's awful. (the banter)

Oh, God, Co-op streaks, I foresee one poor bastard actually capping points halfway through the game and everyone else up in the sky.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Hey, something to do during the Advanced Lobby Simulator!

Although I don't particularly want to have pubbies looking at my class setup?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Hardpoint? And something based on War from WaW? OK, yeah, that's pretty great.

And, uh, Aztec Deathball?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Wazzit posted:

Round based Domination. :smith:

Sounded like just for E-Sports playlists, but who knows.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

I didn't quite get that. "The release date is now effectively Monday the 3rd"

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

In the same paragraph as Ranked MLG playlists and customizable rules sets. Don't panic.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Nah, you still gotta pay for the Wildcards like in Blops 2. I guess you could get to 6 perks without giving away your gun and hoppy suit that way.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

/\ Uh, one of them!

versus posted:

Danger Close was in BO2 and Ghosts.

e: although I missed the description, but I'm assuming it's the same function as in those games.

It's different in each one.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Re: the hoppy suit, in one video the guy runs his cloak for the full 10 seconds, and in the ~25 seconds he stays alive thereafter, it doesn't recharge at all, not one bar.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

venutolo posted:

What the gently caress, there's a TitanGoliath?

It's just a Jugg.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

sunday at work posted:

Depending on range 3 to 4 hit kills are nothing new. TTK in CoD has always been just north of instentaneous.

:thejoke:

'Cause, man, that TAR-21 SP was a slow killer.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

There's a great opportunity for team co-ordination here - rather than a bunch of overlapping UAVs, if people within a lobby specialize, you could have

UAV with:
CUAV
AUAV
Oracle
Fast Sweep
etc.

All for a relatively low cost.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

They seem largely self-explanatory, but here is a gallery with a few more streaks' modules.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

The SIG MPX is in as some random name. I expect you'll see a fair amount of throwbacks.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

Edit: OH MY GOD THERE IS A TOMMY GUN IN THIS GAME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DaNi74EvJc

Yeah, uh, people concerned about TTK should probably watch this (on mute) and put their fears to rest.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

When you use your exo dash or double jump, your arrow is outlined, too. And yeah, it's a pulse like Oracle. It's that streaky red outline you may have seen, like tracker rounds or the grenade.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

There's just no placed equipment period, isn't that right?

Which is a shame, because using Shock-Clays with Scav when I was forced to play TDM was great fun.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

A Dire Weresloth posted:

Those spike drone things look like they might be a claymore-IED sort of thing, maybe? They kill on impact, but the icon when they're sitting on the map made me think so.

I thought they were just not-Tomahawks, but who knows.

I could get behind the Dune Hunter-Seeker drone thingy, if I hafta.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

You missed the most important news today, which is that a 105mm howitzer is an upgrade module on the Paladin.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

A campfire legend that the plainsmen spin. Of a man with a gun, a man called...Palllladinnn

It's a space AC-130.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Ohh, that's where the "Power" Kevin SpAC keeps talking about comes from

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Eh, I only want to hover long enough to fire my tubes and rockets and arm grenades at the objective.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Around 0:38 he does attachments.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Oh yes.

This is the very reason APS are...unpopular with cooperating infantry.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

They daren't change too much too soon! Else MLG will storm the Sledgehammer offices!

After restricting the tactics and weapons to be used, of course.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

A Dire Weresloth posted:

I'm wondering if the manual-detonation frag is meant to be the replacement for a C4 airburst.

No doubt. It's just as well, it being hard to huck C4 60 feet straight up. I look forward to playing Missile Command with Frags.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Gameplay shows manual det frags.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

e: wrong video, blarg

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Weakening the UAV was a good choice from a balance perspective.

It really does offer excellent value, and I never took it off in previous games when I had a choice. Moreover, since it's a common complaint that "pubbies always run Ghost/Assassin," disincentivizing them from doing so, by making the consequences for not doing so less dire, without opening the SP/Jugg can o' worms, was a wise choice.

• Locked thread