Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Liquid Penguins posted:

Can I smoke weed in first person in this game?

No, because this isn't made by Infinity Ward :iw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

If that is a UAV, then it's a 6 kill streak.

I hope they don't do that thing where kills in FFA are only 50 points, which would mean that UAV is a 12 kill streak. 12 kills would net you an AC-130 in MW2 :downs:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Those rumors sound like common sense to me, so I hope they are in.

It makes me think of that time the Black Ops rumors got posted and it was poo poo like "there will be a perk so you can dive sideways as well as forward" and it just sort of reeked of bullshit.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Haven't seen any mention on how dash is activated from any of the videos I've watched. I assume it's the sprint button while holding left or right?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

Wasn't Advanced Warfare the subtitle for a Ghost Recon game?

Advanced Warfighter, I think. Still pretty funny.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

JackGeneric posted:

I'm noticing lots of neat little UI things. The minimap highlights your icon in red while you're firing an unsilenced weapon (I thought I also saw it highlight when someone got pinged by a UAV in another video, but that didn't seem to happen in any of these), and it shows you when your teammates are firing.

Thats actually one of the upgrade options for the uav. It turns it into a wall hack. Kind of like that grenade that tags people through walls.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

VJeff posted:

I guess they probably spent enough time on the campaign and the multi that they're probably just busting out the co-op mode in the last couple months. :v:

I have a feeling this is exactly what happened. They are just reusing assets from the other game modes. Quick and dirty solution.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Captain Matchbox posted:

3 shotguns? Maybe next time, call of duty

Come play man. Need another aussie on PS4.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

900p's close enough that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway though. The Xbone version of Ghosts got framey ADSing with the rifles, hopefully that's gone too.

Source: https://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=xbone+900p+advanced+warfare

You wouldn't mind if i poured out 25% of your beer would you?

The difference between 900p and 1080p is 500,000 pixels. 1080p has roughly 30% more pixels. I can tell the difference on a 12' laptop screen.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

God I love kicking the hornets nest.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Everyone is going to be using low profile and blind eye, i just loving know it.

A lot of the perks are dog poo poo, too. Hmm i could get a bigger mini-map or I could be immune to every single score streak in the entire game, decisions, decisions. Gun Ho looks alright though.

I think the Tier 3 perks are the only ones where some sacrifice needs to be made, they are all really good.

Big fan of the extra score streak wild card, going to using that bad boy.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Fibby Boy posted:

That goes without saying. If there are stealth perks in game then people are going to use them.

Yeah well, that's my point. If you give me the choice between a cheeseburger or a turd, I'm going to grab the burger.

ViciousV posted:

So my pre-load download finished on PS4 but it was only around 7 gigs. Does that mean the rest of the game becomes available at launch or what?

I think multi-player is 7 GB, once that's done downloading it will do the rest, mine is showing 43GB worth.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 1, 2014

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

de_dust posted:

what were the ghosts predictions like? hilarious?

Lots of mask predictions, mainly.

That looks like a 18th century Samurai mask: Assassin Pro confirmed.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

The stealth stuff is spread across like 6 perks so I dont think itll be so bad. They'd also have to give up toughness and other quality of life perks.

2 perks.

It takes 2 perks to be immune to every streak in the game, besides system hack.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Why does exo mute exist? Footsteps are already impossible to hear.

Edit: that video that cum dumpsters posted before, that dudes complaints were all valid. Scorestreaks are dog poo poo and everyone us using the stealth perks.

On the plus side the direction UAV seems to counter 'low profile'. Its pretty much the only non dogshit scoresteak. Oh and the care package trap is also good (even after you pick it up, the trap part remains)

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 2, 2014

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

This game is pretty bad. I could write a lot of words about why but it might just be best to experience it for yourselves.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Try getting good.

Ive got a xim4 and a 5+ kd in the past 3 cod games. But like i said, feel free to try it out and let me know what you think.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Best to try it out for yourself.

Im a big fan of Porcupine Tree as well.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

dreffen posted:

I'm playing it and it seems fine? :shrug:

So will you expand on it or are you going to keep avoiding expanding on your thoughts?

Calm down man, im on phone posting between rounds. When i jump on the PC i will. But as i said earlier my feelings on the game are similar to thise of that video that dum cumster posted yesterday.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

"I would explain why this game is lovely but I'm too busy playing it"

Yeah obvisouly im still playing it. I payed $90 for it and its been out for a few hours and things tend to improve with time. But my initial impressions are negative.

Its ok man, you dont need to get all defensive about this. Its CoD, im sure it will be just fine.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Oh poo poo they altered reloading, you lose the whole mag now if you reload early. :stare:

One of the many poo poo things.

Savenger unlocks at rank 30 or so. Enjoy that. I now run scav on every class.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

5 games in and I'm 17 already, somehow I don't think leveling is gonna be an issue. :v:

Yeah its not bad with the double XP. Its slows up a lot in the mid twenties.

Scav also gives you max starting ammo.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Carecat posted:

The double tap reload that loses ammo is a thing but doesn't feel much faster than a normal reload so why do it?

As far as i can tell any reload will cause you to lose ammo.

Dual magazine might help, i haven't tested it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Im glad others are noticing the weird "lag" issues. It reminds me of MW3's launch where there were some qwirks with lag compensation, they fixed it in the first couple of weeks.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Just played a game where the enemy was on the receiving end of the strange lag. I went 30-0 in FFA and ended up with over 50k points for the match. poo poo need to be fixed.

For some unexplainable reason switching from lan cable from wifi has helped, might make the lag comp work in your favour? Its worth trying at least.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Typical experiences playing from UK with US group...

Every previous CoD: 2-3 bars depending on East/West coast makeup/location of party leader - 3 bars not too bad, 2 bars pretty hit-and miss. Never ever had a 4-bar connection with US goons. Sometimes 1 bar when we get chucked into a Brazilian/Japanese hosted game.

Advanced Warfare: Randomly 1 bar or 4 bar from game to game (sometimes flipping between them mid-game). Lag seemingly has no correlation to ping report, can happily kill people when it's showing 1 bar, other times targets are warping across the map/bullets not registering when showing 4 bars.

Clearer?

Yeah im getting the exact same thing. Sometimes everyone in the lobby in on 1 bar. The best games ive had are one 1 bar. Then I'll get 4 bars and it's laggy. Then you have the random 1 to 4 bar swap issue you mentioned.

It's a bit poo poo.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Moochewmoo posted:

So is there a way to tell of I'm loving up because lag or because I'm just hot garbage at this? I lose a lot of gun fights I feel I should of won because I'll get a ton of hit markers, but the death cam shows me whiffing shots and only hitting twice. My ping goes from 4 to 1 back and forth throughout the match. Usually sticking near 4 though.

Or should I just ignore death cam and not care?

A lot of people are having this exact same issue. I found intentionally gimping my internet connection but putting my console on wireless and downloading/uploading torrents at the same time helped a great deal. I play much better on a 1 bar connection. It's hosed.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

solar is the worst loving thing.

FTFY

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Roman posted:

Just got a 1.05 patch on PS4.

Me too. Looks like a lot of the lag issues are resolved for me.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Did the latest PS4 patch help the lag at all?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Sounds promising. I thought the previous patched helped but it must of been 1 good night because i just get melted on a 4 bar.

I'll test it soon.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Nope. Its still laggy poo poo on 4 bars. Back to the drawing board sledgehammer.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

coyo7e posted:

Yeah lag is flat-out way worse after the recent patch than it ever was before. Tonight I was in 3 different games where I had enough time to dump TWO mags of bulldog ammo into someone from 10 feet away... Then they'd fall over dead 2 seconds later.

Also, if you want to figure out where the map glitches are play team infected - I found map glitches on 4 different maps tonight in like an hour of playing - just by following my team and then watching them all jump at random wall/ceiling spaces and vanish. It's pretty funny to hear the infected side try to figure out how to get at people in glitch spots though (just stay out of shottie effective range until they run out of ammo, and then crawl in and wait for someone to move toward you before stabbing them first.)

Yeah i have the lag where i dont fire bullets in the kill cam and generally feel half a second behind the lobby, even on 4 bars, which is most of the time.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Goodchild posted:

Latest Xbone patch still didn't effect any of my issues with latency. Sledgehammer finally sunk this ship, so how about that Far Cry 4?

Yeah this game is a laggy mess. Ill get FC4 tomorrow i think.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'd love the game if the connection lag/compensation debacle wasn't so bad. I shouldn't go 40-3 in one game and almost the opposite in the next. Even if I got a decent game in Ghosts, I hated it for being so bland.

Ghosts might of sucked, but it netcode was good and people died when you shot them. Which is more than what I can say about AW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Blops 3 looks really good. Hope Treyarc do what they always do and make CoD good and fun.

AW was the most painful awful poo poo ever and Ghosts was boring.

• Locked thread