Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Added myself to the bone list. Also you can add me to the list of people who play the campaigns, though I do it with a guide for the "collect every one of these stupid items" achievements so I only have to do it once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I skip a year of BOYS loyalty and I'm not even on the list, I feel so attacked right now.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

When I finally bought an xbox 360, it was the MW2 version, and it's help up without red rings or anything this long. I'm hoping the AW Bone will be similarly long-lived.

The worst part is I'll have to get a new headset for the bone because they changed up their audio plug, didn't they? Maybe I'll actually buy a wireless one this time.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Looks like I could either get the chat adapter and hope it works (mixed messages online), Plug the headset into the TV for game audio and use the Kinect for a mic, or opt for a new headset.

I might actually just go for the headset because of how I have my computer set up, I'm using it for PC stuff right now. Switching the plugs back and forth constantly would be a pain in the rear end.

I have an old set of Turtle Beach X11s, btw.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

It's not going to have a framerate. In the ultimate troll, the disk you're shipped just displays a static image advertisement for the bone version.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Spoon said there's no clan management available yet, so I assume those of us not currently in the clan are stuck until they implement that.

Which, knowing how CoD clan poo poo has worked in the past, probably means March.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Carecat posted:

2014 with new consoles that have cloud services and they still can't put dedi in the biggest multiplayer FPS release.

I don't really have the money for the PS4 but I liked the slower aim speeds way back in the day when I tried MW2 on the 360 for a bit. It made flanking a lot better.

Changing how the netcode works would require they change anything at all about the codebase, rather than slapping new skins and models on players and weapons, changing numbers on perks, and spending 11 months making lovely maps.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

gently caress yeah Wii U Dedicated Servers!!!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Whether or not I'm on DAY ZERO depends on when Amazon delivers my poo poo. I'll be on if I can, though.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Stumpalitious posted:

I just wish that video had more footage of the game actually being played instead of a parade of people talking about playing it.

Most if not all of the gameplay in that video came from the multiplayer release trailer too. So it was double worthless.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Wazzit posted:

:siren:Killstreaks Scorestreaks:siren:

Hope the actual Assault streaks are fun this time.

Is that EMP at 6 with UAV at 4? Or are kills only worth 50 and the UAV is 8 kills? Either way those two are way too close together.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Please oh please tell me if you enable that, the red jelly on screen blood effect turns into a yellow jelly paint effect.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Am I a bad person for actually liking the game fuel lemonade flavor? When I get the 88-cent 44-ounce fountain drink from the party store near the college I usually do 50/50 dew and lemonade anyway, so it's like little cans of what I'm used to.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

It already had my account from like three call of duty games ago when they ran the same basic promotion.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLdVGptjaiJNQLnePo6bDPCgbLa9lJhn6Vsp6IOmjW0/edit#gid=0

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

C'mon guys, save it until you can shout "1v1 me bro" over ragemics.

In other news, the dewritos site is broken so I can't redeem my diabetes codes.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Uplink looks like it could be fun to run a train on bad players, but it'd end up a lot like CTF where everyone just camps their bases and it's impossible to do anything.

Why the gently caress do Optic kids get to do all this poo poo though, they're so bad.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Who else is playing Day one on PS4 ? I want to hate myself as soon as possible.

Also I just realized Binding of Issac rebirth and this come out same week.

Welcome to my world. Preordered both, plus my job of writing roughly 3,000-4,000 words a day in articles + whatever I end up doing for NaNoWriMo, I'm basically going to have to stock up on Mountain Dew Game Fuel because I don't have time for sleep.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

There is a robot volleyball covered in knives that comes back to you when you call it. 11/10 game of the year.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Also, laser shotgun. If that thing sucks I'm gong to be really sad.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I just like that there's a "shoot while sprinting" perk I can run on my shotgun class to just Never Stop Murdering.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I like that the "care package trap" option is still a real care package for your team but a bomb for the enemy team.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Venutolo: A Class of His Own

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

DJCobol posted:

I haven't checked out the new stuff in this game at all. Is team killing back? IS THERE GOING TO BE A SPREADSHEET!? I'M SO EXCITED!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I unfortunately will be a prestige behind, because my console and game arrive tomorrow at some nebulous point in time.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

So can anyone else not get into the dew and doritos site ?

It's been sporadically down for a week. I can only consistently get in around midnight.

rizuhbull posted:

Did I miss the "press F to pay respects" posts?

Yes, but there were only like two. It's CoD, that poo poo's par for the course.

I added a basically everyone on the Xbone list on the spreadsheet I didn't already have. A couple of you I couldn't add, but oh well. I'm sure someone has you.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Hell all you fuckers I (NighthandTSB) sent invites to on xbone, accept damnit.

I'm updating this new console so I can play in a bit, and I know more than five of you are online.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Wait you can grind the weird diablo guns for xp? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Soul Glo, I couldn't hear a word anyone was saying in those games, sorry. My headset didn't play voice at all and apparently requires a kinect to use as a mic, so it's worthless.

Also my internet went to poo poo for a minute so I dropped out.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

My problem was definitely my Internet, since my PC was having trouble too, so maybe I was host? Who knows.

Anyway someone get me in a party, I'm too lazy to start one.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah, something's up with voice chat not working. I have two mics and Esk can't hear me on either. I couldn't hear dudes earlier, but I think they could hear me then?

My problem is I'm trying to get 360 mics working with the chat adapter and it's a piece of poo poo, but if the game's voice chat is hosed up too that would be icing on the goddamn cake.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I tried out those akimbo LMGs for about... 12 seconds, but I'm pretty sure you could aim at the ground and still miss 3/4ths of the time with the shot spread on those things. I'm pretty confused about why they exist when they can't actually hit enemies.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I did, but then I'm just a sentry gun with no accuracy that can be killed in two bullets because this is CoD. I dunno, maybe I'll play around with it in dom with a group another time. Solo it's just not worth the effort to try to set up.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Freaquency posted:

Awesome, I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks!

Which headset are you trying to get to work? I'm gonna try those steps too and see if I can finagle something.

I snagged X42s used hoping I could get them to work, but neglected to notice the tiny fine print hidden in a compatibility page that says you need to use the kinect as a mic and the mic doesn't work with the chat adapter, which makes no sense to me because what's the goddamn point of the chat adapter then?

I also tried to hook up my old X11s but I couldn't hear or broadcast chat at all, but I also don't know if that was a problem with AW or with the chat adapter. I also use that set for my PC and switching back and forth constantly would be a pain in the rear end.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'm going to log in and AFK until someone invites me, maybe play some binding of isaac on the side. Hit me up, broners

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I will be logging in shortly to play with my xbroners, all ya'll best have a place for me!

Note: when it shows me on Destiny, it's my girlfriend playing, probably. I haven't decided to start playing it yet.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Dunno who asked for it but Bloghouse on Mathis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ah1q6puF3Q

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Lucinice posted:

Of course is it.

Alright thanks I hope they're working on a patch.

Patch coming November 2015, developed by Treyarch.

Fake edit: I googled "call of duty 2015" to see if there was a name announced to use, and found this http://codfanfic.wikia.com/wiki/User:Magma-Man/Call_of_Duty_%282015_Reboot%29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

theres a couple of us on this website (like 3-4) who dont work in IT. is it bad?

No wonder the game's broke, it's coded in gibberish! That's not even english what were they thinking????

(I have no clue what any of that garbage means either)

• Locked thread