Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
Well gently caress these guys for getting me excited about a COD game again. I liked pretty much everything I saw during the reveal - exo, pick 13, modded scorestreaks, whatever those packages are that give you bling'd gear every so often - all great.

My only complaint is that they are using the same narrow font and color (white) for the "+100" kill notification as BO2, which always blends into the background and makes it harder for me to see my righteous point total for nuking a bunch of guys off of a dom point. I really wish they would go back to the MW3 / MW2 yellow style, with a wider and larger font. A minor complaint.

Also, I see there is no customizable player cards? I always liked the fun cards like "Death from Above" "No.", "To Serve and Protect", etc. which were in MW2 and MW3. There was always fun challenges associated with each. Here's hoping they have new challenges this year as well.

Bottom line: CAN'T WAIT TO COD WITH YOU ON THE XBONE BROS. hopefully it'll be like those good ol' BO2 / MW3 days (or MW2 days, for those who go back that far.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

der juicen posted:

I can't wait to be back with my boys. Only reason I'm spending money on another console is for the remnants of the night krew.

Pretty much the same. I wouldn't buy the game if we couldn't get some good groups going. Although, Ghosts was pretty sad. We'd be lucky to get one group going after a month or so of playing.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. I had a few months of fun games, specifically with Mascot who was coincidentally online most of the times I was looking for games. As dreadful as the implementation and ranking system worked Clan Wars were a great rallying cry for all the BOYS prior to us getting completely buttfucked by being put in divisions full of clans with 100 fully active players vs. our 20-30 semi-regular players.

I guess what I'm remembering is the MW3 days when we could easily have 4x6 person teams rolling at any given time. I'm not saying we couldn't get groups together in Ghosts (although admittedly I got bored after two months) but it was no where near what we used to get in previous versions.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnAHGU1UkVo

What the gently caress happened in the first 15 seconds there?
It looked like the dude was railed through a wall/glitched and teleported.

Drink every time you hear "epic".

I don't think these announcers could be more annoying if they tried.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Wazzit posted:

I am probably going to be poop socking this on Nov 3rd on the Xbone.

YOU HAVE MY SWORD

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

wintrrmute posted:

YOU HAVE MY SWORD

And by sword I mean I will be joining you.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Have they announced the nature of clan functionality for AW? As in, will it actually be easy to search and invite clan members ingame, and have more than 99 people in your clan?

Secondly, who is playing on XBone on the Monday (Day ZERO BOYS as it were) - I know wazzit and I are poopsocking, but who else?

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ah1q6puF3Q

Which one of these guys are Bloghouse? This is hilarious.

Also fun running around with the KF5 and having I'M A DOCTOR IRL yelling at me to only run UAVs all morning.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

venutolo posted:

Johnny is Bloghouse, but in a way, we are all Bloghouses.

All I remember about playing with Bloghouse is the rage.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Just got booted and gave up for the night. Sorry gents.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Whoa how did he die?

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

gently caress this. We can't even get a game to load without locking up in the searching for games screen. I'm out for the night.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

If you're playing on a bad map and want to pass the time, It's pretty entertaining asking Belt the difference between ecstasy and MDMA.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Spoon Man posted:

BOYS qualified for platinum division.

rip

The rippin and the tearin, the rippin and the tearin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Ha I watched that youtube trailer and having not played since launch, it seems like the devs just said "gently caress it throw in everything."

Cautiously optimistic for BO3, but my last favorite COD was MW3. I loved that London map, and the killstreaks were the last ones I remember really enjoying. Then they had to gently caress with it, getting rid of care packages, nerfing predators, etc. etc.

• Locked thread