Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Relevant to this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U0SUsXrgCM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Justin Godscock posted:

Mark my words: we will see lasers, forcefields and robots in a Call of Duty game before 2020. I can't wait. Call of Duty losing its loving mind is what made this series so much more bearable for me.

What was the last FPS you recall playing that included a gun that fired lasers? C&C Renegade?(2002) Star Wars Dark Forces?(1995)

I can't honestly think of any others that you could fire lasers, and those two examples were produced by companies that released a yearly title in a series. I can think of at least four games now, that I've had this hope and it's unfortunate that neither a Battlefield or Call of Duty team in this day & age can't put this kind of variety into their games. Even Borderlands doesn't have lasers, and they're at least giving the player use of four held weapons.

v:shobon:v I will of course be tricked into buying this game just like all of the others.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I bought the zero-day digital edition last night and only somehow installed 25% by 6am today.
I got to jump in and see a smidgen of the campaign and I'm stoked as gently caress to jump in tonight. Xbone: R0BERTC0P

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only made it to 42% installed last night, and when I checked this morning it made zero progress. I uninstalled and will be installing throughout the day so hopefully I can answer those invitations tonight! Got to play some campaign and it was actually pretty fun! :shobon:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

If you want to try out any weapons or attachments you haven't unlocked yet, you can go into Local Multiplayer and try it against bots. Everything is unlocked in local mode.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Here is the beer you should be drinking at all times. Pairs well with a lukewarm Remote Turret.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

SilentW posted:

From anecdotal research, the guns that benefit the most from high latency are the 1-shot-kill guns, like the rail pistol, MORS, Atlas 20mm, etc. It appears that a 1-shot weapon gets higher priority in netcode (which makes sense).

I completely agree with this analysis. The MORS is very useful when you're the worst connection in the lobby.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Spoon can you please add me back into BOYS so I have a reason to get back into this game?
I've been sitting in the app for a month without a response to my 'join clan' request. :(

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I'll be on with my split-screen buddy tonight, and KNR likes to invite me often. :)

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Nighthand posted:

Sorry for dropping, pigs and swell dude and friends, my router decided it wanted me to not be connected to the Internet any more.
I don't think it was just you. As soon as I accepted invites yesterday I would get dropped from the lobby. It was pretty poo poo all around.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Spoon Man posted:

Well if you're going to do me like this, I didn't give the entire story. Quebec took the node first when it was only worth 13 points. They held it all weekend so it reached the max value of twice the starting value, which is 26 points. They lost the node on Sunday and we made enough progress to reach 29 wins out of 45 to take it. The second place team only had 24 points compared to first place's ~400 points. All we had to do was get another 16 wins in Dom at that point to take second place. We did not and ended tied for 4th or 5th with zero points.

Yes, we contributed a majority of the wins required to knock the first place clan off of the domination node. But it was all I vain because we didn't finish off the one node we went for.

Put me back in BOYS so I can help next time. I don't have a mic but I'll meat puppet if it means I get the cap.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Anybody want to play? I'm sitting at the main menu trying to name my classes, but the game is making it very difficult because everything is a profanity. Support is apparently a profanity and I can only assume this is because it has "pp" in it.

Most of my class names are horribly offensive.
One of them is named pissssssssss and it's allowed. :shrug:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Last night's connection wouldn't keep us together in a lobby so I tried some Classic playlists and it wasn't terrible. The guns take a front seat because you can't juke your way around shots.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I received the Season (p)rear end as a gift and tried out the AE4 the other night. It's really quiet compared to most weapons, and you get about 10 shots before it overheats.
It takes 3-4 hits to kill someone, and I'm guessing the Widowmaker is the only variant I'll get until the next DLC drops, which sucks because it is a lousy upgrade from the base gun.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Does the DLC automatically download if my XBONE is powered on, or do I have to load the game and wait for a prompt to tell me that new DLC is available?

It does not automatically download nor update until I manually navigate to the game.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 28, 2015

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Thanks for the write-up Spoon. Most important question: was it fun?
I couldn't get enough of the older Zombies games once I got the hang of it. Do any of the old kiting techniques still carry over, or do you have to know the map well to get a strategy in motion?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Do you automatically draw a pistol in "last stand" while waiting to be revived? Can you use grenades or your primary at all?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The ski lodge map is actually pretty cool. I wish I knew where to hide when the avalanche shows up.
Zombies is really great this time around. I made it to round 14 solo and really like the slight changes to the formula. I only wish you could choose your character instead of randomly getting Malkovitch every time. :(

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Spoon have you seen the ray gun make an appearance? I swear I saw it in one of the Zombie trailer videos but I can't tell its silhouette in the 3D printer cause it rotates weapons so fast.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Zombies was great fun last night. I should be getting my mic back over the weekend so I can actually be useful to the group next time.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I hit a weird glitch the other night in zombies where I was EMP'd and the suit was rebooting, but didn't show my HUD again until I got hit by ANOTHER EMP zombie an entire round later. I couldn't tell how much ammo or money I had which made the round hilariously confusing. Here's a short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Zmhlj9hHA

Also, I haven't found the perfect weapon to upgrade past 7 so far. The Ameli gets a thermal scope and shooting purple people is kinda fun.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

A lot of pub groups I have joined in Zombies are now trying to keep the Administration doors closed as long as humanly possible. Got to round 22 with a group and noticed you stand a pretty good chance if someone drops a swarm in the Morgue doorway and there's at least one turret or sentry in the hallway with you. While the Cauterizer is a great weapon, the S-12 certainly beats it out for fire rate. Once you get either one past lvl 7 they become serious wrecking machines.

What's up with the 3D Printers all saying "Malfunction" and it won't let you use them? Did we do something to cause that? I went four rounds before someone got a Power Surge (Fire Sale) that allowed me to finally swap out my starting pistol. All the 3D printers we had come across were lit up but we couldn't use any of them.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Feenix posted:

Anyone get the Havoc DLC? (4 MP maps, the Exo-Zombies Co-Op mode... and a new weapon.)?

As a fairly enthusiastic enjoyer of the base game, I am definitely intrigued by it. Anyone got it? Thoughts?

Ever since I picked it up on XBONE, I have stopped playing COD for anything except Zombies and even that gets kinda tiresome after a couple failures at round 20. It's good fun for a few hours, but only one of the new maps is actually enjoyable (ski lodge).

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Feenix posted:

So can you better explain what this zombies mode in Havoc DLC is? Is it what Xbox has had for a while? It's a whole co-op campaign, right?

Sadly, it's only a single map for now. If you have the basics of Zombies gameplay down, Spoonman laid out strategies and sound opinions a few pages back.
e: this one - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630852&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=168#post440831573

You and zombies have exo suits and jump around everywhere. It's a fun novelty, but it does wear off after multiple runs when you aren't seeing any improvement. You play until you lose.

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 27, 2015

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The Ohm is loving insane, it really blows that we can't have the new weapons in local multiplayer or zombies.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Couldn't it be like that book where someone time-travels with technology where it ultimately alters the modern day /future?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Looking forward to anything different in Zombies this time around so it doesn't feel like all the same weapon loadouts. :pray:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

new zombies map isn't terrible but I haven't gotten too far to see any lasting changes.

The new weapon is a vacuum-gun that works like the EM1. You hold down the trigger and a blue tornado shoots out of the gun (which resembles the HAMR from Ghosts) and causes zombies to swell up while they are stun-locked. You swell them up until they explode, which usually takes about 2 full seconds of application. Holding the trigger down, however, causes the gun to "short out" for brief periods. Usually when the swarm of zombies has gotten out of control and you have nowhere to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Blunderbuss and that Trident crossbow weapon are new in Zombies, haven't tried either but I'm excited as usual.

• Locked thread