Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Customizable Classes! New for the 25th anniversary, customize 5-10 times as many classes as you'll ever need*!

* Requires $2.99 Micro-DLC to unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Fibby Boy posted:

Here's some stuff about a couple weapons. Note the 3D printing rifle. It makes bullets the whole time you use it. It's almost like having permanent scavenger.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/23/the-future-tech-of-advanced-warfare-new-images/

You may have to reload the "bullet juice." It seems you can rely on a gradually increasing mag up to a certain point so you don't have to do a full reload after firing a short burst. It could potentially gently caress you over if you mag dump then get stuck with a slowly replenishing available ammo count.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
no get a ps4 instead so we can play 10 times before rage quitting the entire game after they don't add the first DLC maps into rotation until the second pack is released

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I just hope that my ~*~eLiTe~*~ status in the BOYS clan carries over to this game so I don't have to wait for a spot to open after all the available ones get snatched up by people who redbox the game for the weekend and never play again

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

Man, after the snoozefests that are Ghosts & Titanfall, I can't wait for this game!

Unironic enthusiasm, by the way.

this but somehow both ironically and unironically

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
you guys are talking about mlg cod as if the game was balanced

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I know this is a bit of a weird thing to think about but has there been any news regarding what the stats/tracking/app interface is going to be? I loved the way you could see almost everything easily online for BLOPS2 and thought that the Ghosts app was complete bullshit, especially considering there was no web crossover and the complete fickle nature of wether or not it would work, especially during Clan Wars. I realize that almost every product being released at this point has some lovely app to ~*~eNhAnCe tHe ExPeRiEnCe~*~ but I just hope we see a COD Elite-esque implementation.

Also the digital pro pack is brilliant, especially after the wave of people who sold their physical copies back to EB/Gamestop/whatever a month after release. I'm sure there's an suit somewhere at Activision losing sleep over LOST REVENUE

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Javes posted:

Yeah it all sounds great, the only thing I'm concerned about is the 'Classic' playlist. Why have something to fragment the playerbase even more so?

mlg

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Fibby Boy posted:

Assuming they do show up just imagine the kind of silly poo poo you could pull off with riot shield+c4.

don't get my hopes up like that

(double jumping over someone and dropping C4 on them would be amazing, though)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I say this without any irony that this game looks insultingly bad and the same poo poo again

So a Call of Duty title then.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
All I know is that the fun I had playing Ghosts for a few months this past winter was well worth the $60 and with the potential insanity of jump jets and blops2 similarities I'm definitely looking forward to AW.

Hopefully I'll have people to play with :/

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I haven't made up my mind yet on which console I'm going to upgrade to but currently the only think the bone has going for it is all my cod bros buying this game for it. Which may be weighted enough to tip the scale against the ps4.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

venutolo posted:

I wish the PS4 were the CoD goon console of choice, but it doesn't appear so.

~*~ bE tHe ChAnGe Ud LiKe To SeE iN Da wOrLd~*~

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Wazzit posted:

Advanced Warfare bundle with a 1TB console and a custom controller that will make you look so :c00lbert:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08/12/advanced-warfare-xbox-one-bundle-with-1tb-hard-drive-coming-november/

I just ordered a 2TB drive for my PS4 that doesn't exist. It was $100. Now I'm finding out that I could have gotten a Bone with Day Zero & a 1TB drive for the same price as a bare console + drive PS4? ffffffffffff

maybe I'll just get both :gonk:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I don't know what you're talking about. I had a few months of fun games, specifically with Mascot who was coincidentally online most of the times I was looking for games. As dreadful as the implementation and ranking system worked Clan Wars were a great rallying cry for all the BOYS prior to us getting completely buttfucked by being put in divisions full of clans with 100 fully active players vs. our 20-30 semi-regular players.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
also has there been any confirmation that cajun is going next gen yet because...

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Yeah, I remember getting on the BLOPS2 party train pretty drat late and there were still steady groups playing nightly. I'd like to imagine that if AW is actually decent and there aren't any big releases that splinter the player base within the first few months it should be good for awhile. If the 9 player teams rumor turns out to have any legitimacy I'd like to think there could be at least two full groups running during peak hours, more pending on implementation of Clan Wars. We'll just have to wait and see.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
so despite my reluctance to get the season pass for Ghosts because I thought it would potentially be a waste of money I'm now seriously considering paying $500 to play this iteration of CoD. ffffffffff

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mill Village posted:

Looks like UAVs are going to really easy to shoot down now.

Now? Towards the end of the BLOPS2 days I'd pretty regularly run a class with a launcher as a secondary because 90% of the time when you'd hear the "enemy UAV/CUAV/w.e" announcement you could drop it within 5 seconds. I started doing this because I had run into a couple games where we played someone who did it to me and it was incredibly frustrating therefor I had to adopt it. It's a bit of a waste of a pick-X slot but can also be helpful while trying to run up your own streaks.

It was especially gratifying when someone would get a heli or a similarly mid-tier streak and you could pop two rockets, die, then spawn and immediately drop it. See also; dropping turrets with EMPs immediately after they've been placed.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Even the slight increase of 8vs8 would have made the next gen version of Ghosts superior but the installed user base wasn't there yet, at least for the BOYS.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I finally got my ps4 and played watch dogs on it in anticipation of this dumb game

someone make the drat spreadsheet already

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

versus posted:

I'm getting the PS4 Destiny bundle.

:hf:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Preorder cancelled. (just kidding, I haven't preordered)

Who's getting this on the 4? I was honestly going to skip it but if enough goons are playing in order to make me not have to group with pubbies 99% of the time I might pick it up. I know some of the xbros have crossed over to the darkside on next gen.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Here you go.

No fancy form submissions or any additional coding, just a plain old spreadsheet.

It's looking pretty sparse for PS4 players but who's to say that won't change in the next two months?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
stubear put that spreadsheet in the op, tia

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Fibby Boy posted:

Dom has a chance of spawn flipping from pushing too hard

where I'm from we call that ABC Supremacy

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
oh, you flipped spawns because you were :airquote: pushing too hard :airquote:? Good news soldier, not only did you just cap C but you can follow it up by capping A!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
weird, shouldn't he be mid-air on a spinning post like a tin rooster at the top of a barn??

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
That's amazing. What gimmick bullshit are they going to require this year for gold camos?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i complain about halo jumpers fairly frequently

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
And also hamstring the entire game to run on two different platforms. Eh.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
there's a good contingency of goons buying this for PS4

and it seems like most of them will actually be playing it pretty regularly thanks to the lackluster showing of Destiny

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

Just to be clear; the BOYS clan is XBL only, right?
If so, then yeah; you can cross me off (preferably in June when my Live runs out) for someone else, if membership is limited.

This but for me, too.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
If there is a halfway decent clan wars in AW I'd be into playing on a ps4 squad

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i think you should probably consult goons on how to react in social situations lol wait nevermind

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
That's actually the first thing that's kinda turning me off from it. I don't know how excited I am about FAST

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

God I hope they bring back the "2 seconds of audio from the person you just killed."

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I don't know that we need to include the word "good" in that title

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I can't believe you sick fuckers are getting season passes after Ghosts. I'd rather pay the extra $10 and consider it money well spent on a COD that kept my interest through to the last DLC pack.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

The Merry Marauder posted:

One list, but many scorestreaks have a "Support" optional module, which increases the cost, but doesn't reset when you die.

oh my

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I loved the 870. It was the only shotgun I would continue to play with after double prestige-ing because it was that much fun.

• Locked thread